[Suggestion] First person issue with kick recovery

Add queuing during kick-stumble

• Agree

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

As a player of the first person variety (read: MANLY), I've come to take issue with something. Namely, the fact that when I'm recovering from a kick, I can't queue an attack, resulting in me not swinging and getting killed. To help you visualize:

I get kicked. While I'm stumbling backwards I click and release the attack button. I quit stumbling, don't attack, and get sliced.

After some experimenting with third person, I saw how it didnt matter as much because you can just hold the attack down and you'll see when the swing is ready to be released. However, this isn't as simple in first person. You can't see your character's arm swing back for the attack, so it's hard to judge when you can release the attack.
If you release too soon, the attack is canceled because you're still in stumble mode.

So, my suggestion is that when you are stumbling from a kick, if you make an attack, that attack should be queued to go when you're done stumbling.

Back in version 0.660 with the huge block stun, I suggested a similar thing (maybe others did as well) to buffer the left clicks like you are suggesting. It was added in 0.670: "Left mouse clicks are now buffered even if attack cannot be started immediately", but apparently after various complaints by others about lag the developers reverted it in 0.671, "Removed left-click buffering during stuns which could be causing lag issues".

I don't know if it was actually causing lag, just thought I'd let you know a probable reason this won't be implemented.

Also of the first person persuasion here, but do you think this issue might be fixed with the confirmed wider FOV coming in hopefully the next patch?

If first person was forced it would stick everyone with the problem instead of only the first personers. As I stated, third personers can just hold the attack button until they see their weapon swing into position whereas it's very difficult to tell in first person.

Faranox said:
If first person was forced it would stick everyone with the problem instead of only the first personers. As I stated, third personers can just hold the attack button until they see their weapon swing into position whereas it's very difficult to tell in first person.

I think there was a suggestion up, that got Armagan feedback, about changing the "show attack direction" option to display what attack you currently had chambered rather than what it does now.

I read that suggestion, and it's a good one. No reason to turn arrows off in Warband. But that's not the issue I'm bringing up. I know which direction I'm attacking from, but I can't tell when my weapon reaches the "ready to swing" position after I've been kicked.

You see, when I'm kicked I start to stumble back. My usual reaction is to immediately swing at my opponent, however since I'm stumbling my click&release attack doesn't register. Now, this isn't as much of an issue for third personers because they can hold the attack button down and see when their weapon is in that "ready to swing" position.

Faranox said:
I read that suggestion, and it's a good one. No reason to turn arrows off in Warband. But that's not the issue I'm bringing up. I know which direction

I got the impression that the suggestion was to only show arrows for currently chambered/chambering attacks.  You'd know you were still stunned by the lack of arrow.

Back
Top Bottom