[Suggestion] Events.

Would you attend something like this?

• Yes.

Votes: 36 87.8%
  • Yes, and I have an idea for a battle(Post)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • No.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No, but I have an idea for a battle(Post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Let's face it, with the Waterloo event and the new Waterloo patch for MM, it will take extremely long for this mod to get the attention it most certainly deserves.
But there is a way my friends, to counter those bastards! We organize our own event and get it noted by the developers. We do it basically the same as the Waterloo event, but with a famous battle in the 7 years war(If you got any good ideas please post). Although sure, I guess some people would say ''What a cheap knock-off'' at first, but then when they look closer, they'll see how much better AoFI is than MM. I guess the problem would be the players, but if we can get the developers to look at it, we might get them to put it up on the News.
Of course, this is just an idea. I would not be the one organizing it or anything. I'd just like to get your opinions about it.

I agree with this idea, Nods, you have my full approval.

If you plan to host an event, I am sure the 7th will be up for attending it and encouraging others to do so.

Well idk how it is here cause I just joined, but those screenies from waterloo look really amazing.

Like... very organized haha. We gotta get some practice in, and more people!

You guys should also make some flags like MM has flags, kinda essential for the time period.

:grin:

I dunno, I like MM more now because the patch has upgraded a lot of things and they still are going to add more stuff and they have more people. I still like AoFI and I will participate in events for both mods as I like them both.

Sinistar said:
I agree with this idea, Nods, you have my full approval.

If you plan to host an event, I am sure the 7th will be up for attending it and encouraging others to do so.

Like I said, I wouldn't host an event. This is just to see how many people would be up for it if we did organize one.

Sorry for double post.

I've found some good ideas for battles:
Battle of Lobositz
Pros: A decently important battle, we know both commanders, the forces are quite equal in size, we have two factions that are both already in the mod.
Cons: Not much information about it and may therefore be difficult to determine all the regiments, not so famous battle.

Battle of Rossbach
Pros: Well documented, both commanders known, factions are already in the mod.
Cons: One side has two factions, artillery is in, very different size of the forces.

Battle of Prague
Pros: Rather well documented, both commanders known, two factions that are both in the mod, both infantry forces are rather equal in size.
Cons: Artillery is in, Prussia had far larger cavalry and artillery forces.

I like the idea

We should chose a battle where both parties have a chance to win the battle, so please no battles with hvy fortified enemies  :wink:

This battle would be interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fraustadt
If you ignore the number of men and look at the setting instead, a cold early february, with both sides on each side of a frozen lake with some scattered buildings around.
Wouldn't that be awesome?

Faewulf said:
kurjajuur said:
Poltava would be nice.

RUSSIAN!  :evil:
Idiot. Narva was a complete failure on russian side, hence it wouldn't make a good battle. Seems like you people who suggest battles like that don't think at all - it must be fun to play on both sides. Greetings from Estonia.

Oh yeah almost forgot...

SWEDE!  :evil:

Although I hate the immaturity of the first post, trying to stir up conflict between the two mods, I have to say I think this could be a very fun event, I would turn up.

However I would ask you not to encourage fools like Noddy who are trying to turn the development of two very good mods into a competition.

I love tricorns :razz:

Hehe, it was just a joke actually. I hoped people would see through it, although I have to admit I do consider AoFI a better mod, but MM has it's strengths too, most notably the artillery, crouching and number of players. I would love if it the mods could merge somehow, perhaps two different versions of the mod(One set in 7 years war, one in Napoleonic wars)

And also, I do not appreciate you calling me Noddy! Grr! Nodscouter smash!

Edit: Goddamn you hulkninja!

Back
Top Bottom