Stellaris(new Paradox major title about space)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hope you're being sarcastic, as that's the opposite of what Wellen wanted, I think. He wanted vassal relations to increase as your power grew relative to theirs to the point of being a bonus instead of a malus. That makes sense because the vassal-liege relationship goes two ways, in that the vassal offers his fleets to assist his liege in wars and in exchange the liege is supposed to defend his vassal if they're attacked, so a strong liege shows that he's capable of fulfilling his responsibilities to his vassals and thus they should feel secure.

Mage246 said:
ColonicAcid said:
Amagic said:
That **** interrupting research is the dumbest thing. Basically forces me to choose carefully what debris is going to be worth it. And of course I'll need to do it by memory because there's no actual information on what is in the debris, the remnants of a ****ty mining station or the enemy's former fleet. And of course my situation log is chock full of that crap.
You can hover over the actual debris and it'll tell you what research is inside it.

This isn't true, I just tried it.

Turns out this is actually true.

DgZVk.png

TL;DR you need to zoom in and mouse over the debris itself, not the exclamation icon.

Hey, no one is happier about that than me. But you could have tried to explain it better. :razz:

ColonicAcid said:
"Mouse over the actual debris."

It's all in there lmao.

Except for how this doesn't work unless you are all the way zoomed in, which is a view I use just about... never.

Mage246 said:
ColonicAcid said:
"Mouse over the actual debris."

It's all in there lmao.

Except for how this doesn't work unless you are all the way zoomed in, which is a view I use just about... never.
^ +1

Why would we want to zoom all the way in and look at space junk? That info should be in a tooltip on the [!] icon. In fact, that icon is universal for all special projects, and should offer a tooltip for whatever project it signifies.

Anyone know a mod that lets you keep micromanaging **** in sectors when you want? I like the idea of dividing up my empire into these sectors. And I like naming them and ****. But I HATE not being allowed to actually do anything with planets that are rightfully mine.

It'd be so much better if instead of 'core planets', you had 'core systems' (so that having a ****ty tiny planet in a system where you can later colonise a larger planet but of a different biome doesn't waste a core planet slot).

And then your sectors all have a designated-by-you capital system which would be a core system. So instead of having a 'capital' area functioning as a place for all your core planets, you'd have sectors everywhere with assigned core systems. In effect, there'd be no need for a sector limit anymore, because you'd be limited by how many core systems you could have.

Probably ridiculous to even try and mod, but it would be so awesome.

Teofish said:
Anyone know a mod that lets you keep micromanaging **** in sectors when you want? I like the idea of dividing up my empire into these sectors. And I like naming them and ****. But I HATE not being allowed to actually do anything with planets that are rightfully mine.
I wish. It would even be balanced & sensible if it made you pay out of your core sector EC/mineral reserves instead of the sector's reserves whenever you force-built something, maybe at a small markup. Think of it like a subsidy for that sector to build that specific building plus some overhead costs. Things would be simpler if you could say "hey, dipsticks, I can see you're all unhappy, so build <x> on this blank tile to boost your happiness instead of another useless farm."

I'm always feeling paranoid that my sector AI is screwing up developments, so I often refuse to turn over colonies to sectors until they are maxed out. This *severely* cuts down on my growth and is very irritating. Although since tech costs increase from higher population, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I have no idea what to do with sectors. I've made a random number of them based mostly on hyperlane and cultural geography, but there doesn't seem to be any limtis to how big a sector can be. I guess you want to limit the effectiveness of unrest, but if you're good enough at supressing those, is there any reason not to just put your entire empire in a single sector? Core planets not counting ofc.

Only that you can prioritize just one thing per sector. So it would make sense to have a Mineral sector, Energy sector and Science sector - except sectors have to be continuous, so you can't actually do it that way. Thanks Paradox.

Yeah. I really wonder why there is no "balanced" stance for example.

Mage246 said:
I'm always feeling paranoid that my sector AI is screwing up developments, so I often refuse to turn over colonies to sectors until they are maxed out. This *severely* cuts down on my growth and is very irritating. Although since tech costs increase from higher population, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
1.1 mostly fixed that bit at least. They now no longer put all the food on the mineral tiles and all the minerals on the energy tiles and so on any more.
You can also enslave pops (without taking the ****ing planet out of the sector, mind) and the AI will NOT use them for research and energy.

Jhessail said:
Only that you can prioritize just one thing per sector. So it would make sense to have a Mineral sector, Energy sector and Science sector - except sectors have to be continuous, so you can't actually do it that way. Thanks Paradox.

Yeah, contiguous is quite annoying. I also avoid adding systems that I want to personally develop, even though it often means delaying adding a system that I want to add. Sure, I could make a separate sector, but that seems wasteful.

Back
Top Bottom