Stellaris(new Paradox major title about space)

Users who are viewing this thread

Social justice warrioring, aka it'd be racist to only represent whites. You know SJW'ing exists and is far from paranoia when even a games company pulls this crap. :lol:

Apparently no, not that.

They don'T object to the mod itself, but the uploader edited the description from something apparently innocuous to something apparently rather more political.

We saw the mod, thought it wasn't in very good taste, but let it remain. Then the creator of the mod decided to update the description of the mod to promote an "agenda" not related to computer games at all, and this was being clearly displayed on our product page.

The original description specifically stated he didn't wish to start a discussion and if people didn't like it they could just not use it. So yeah, if he edited that...
I suspect there was no shortage of nonsensical self-righteous "outrage" so typical for all social media these days on the forums as well in any case even before the edits, speeding along the decision.

probably. apparently there was also a link to a youtube channel edited in "why the white european should survive" or something (with the obvious connotations).

on the surface it looks like an annoying decision but given this context its understandable I think.

Stopped reading on the forum at about the fifth page, but apparently this is what was offensive to Paradox. Personally I don't mind much; I use the "Separate Human Phenotypes", however, which adds (doesn't replace) four new available humanoid species: one European, one Middle-Eastern, one African, and one Asian looking. Removing that would just be silly, and the article said they were looking into it, but I don't believe they will. I mean, they are Swedish, but there must be limits... If I want to play with my longlived, intelligent, and solitary Space Greek species that have Ancient Greek names, and I want them to look European, why the heck shouldn't I?

No that makes sense. If I could be bothered to play a human race I'd be annoyed by that as well if I want a certain "lore" for it.
Space Ancient Greeks would've been my first choice as well probably :lol:

Guys, let's at least pretend to be slightly realistic, Space Greeks is pretty implausible given the current state of Greece.

Unless you want to play a failed Space Tourism empire.

Awww I wanted to combine that mod with Space-Clog-Ships and windmills in stead of generators. As well as a bicycle upgrade for ground forces.

Orion said:
I bet I know why. If your ship is close enough to trigger the distance requirement in the situation log, and because proximity is the only requirement, you can start researching all of them that you're in range of at once. There's precedent for that, actually, and I noticed it first when researching new aliens I meet. You can simultaneously research as many different encountered aliens as you have in your log, so I tend to scoot around meeting new guys but not researching any of them, and after about half an hour I'll do all I have at once.

Tested. You can tell it to start multiple debris projects for one ship if they are close, but it will just queue it up to start one after the other. It doesn't let you research debris simultaneously with one ship, so it's not the same as alien research in that respect (although of course you can always have multiple ships researching debris simultaneously).

Mage246 said:
Orion said:
I bet I know why. If your ship is close enough to trigger the distance requirement in the situation log, and because proximity is the only requirement, you can start researching all of them that you're in range of at once. There's precedent for that, actually, and I noticed it first when researching new aliens I meet. You can simultaneously research as many different encountered aliens as you have in your log, so I tend to scoot around meeting new guys but not researching any of them, and after about half an hour I'll do all I have at once.

Tested. You can tell it to start multiple debris projects for one ship if they are close, but it will just queue it up to start one after the other. It doesn't let you research debris simultaneously with one ship, so it's not the same as alien research in that respect (although of course you can always have multiple ships researching debris simultaneously).
Good to know. I tried testing it yesterday but to no avail. I thought my bits of debris may not have been close enough, but some of them were so close I had to zoom all the way in to get the icons to stop overlapping.

I doubt it's doing it any differently for you. If you have 2 science ships there, you can do 2 at a time. You just can't do more at the same time than you have science ships in the immediate vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom