Steam page "release plans" update but no forum post? SHAME SHAME SHAME! Here it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Stop being so elitist
Sir, this is the elitist edition of this topic, if you want the pleb stuff you gotta go to the main page and click the link there to go to the hug box version where you can enjoy classic hits such as:
"Looking good! Keep up the good work!"
"Looking great, glad to see many of theses announcements"
"Awesome!"

Before scrolling down out of the shallow kids pool into the rest of the thread that become pretty much like this one.
🧩_🧩_🧩_🧩🎏
🧩 🧩🧩🧩🧩
🧩💊🤡💊🧩
🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩
If you come into clown town be ready to clown aroun

We are the products of TW not listening. Not the other way around.

Imagine TW didn't have the forum (apparently not even set up by TW, but some fans of WB). The game would be a shadow of itself, which is a shadow of itself in itself!

Really?
No, really? Are you pulling our legs?
"We are observing and discussing many of the topics that you are passionate about"
Ah, now that you're talking DLC you are suddenly observing and discussing things we're passionate about? We've been passionate about what's wrong and what's missing for YEARS. And you either didn't give a flying **** or you were unable or unwilling to do anything about it. But now that the game's FiNiShEd you unsurprisingly talk about DLC and LO AND BEHOLD! You suddenly care about what people want!

Yeah sure. And my grandmother's a virgin. Give me a break, I wouldn't buy a DLC from yours if it was YOU paying ME.
hey, I don't want to sound like an a*se, but already sounding like an a*se:
I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN YEARS AGO

No, really, that was my fear all along when I noticed how headstrong they were at ignoring really well crafted and popular suggestions, specially those made by dedicated community members like @Terco_Viejo - once the silence started and the suggestions weren't appearing under any patches I was already sure they'd start pushing "basic stuff" for DLC - same classic logic of cutting content to release it later behind paywalls. - Will I endorse that? Idk, let's see what they offer, if the DLC winds up being some poor low-effort compilation or, worse, single basic feature that should've been in the game from the start, I'll just boycott TW forever. If the DLC offers both, I'll weight it in value depending on price tag. If the DLC comes in the same format as Pardox's CK2 and CK3 DLC style where the basic feature is added for free and the DLC provides new content, than I'll be actually happy with it.
Now, for some reason I don't believe the latter will be what we will get - considering how disappointing TW's decisions were for the past decade, I'm a little more inclined to belive I'll end up boycotting them.

Last edited:
hey, I don't want to sound like an a*se, but already sounding like an a*se:
I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN YEARS AGO
Nah, you're not sounding like an arse, but I was also on that train you know. I even... I would dare say contributed a tiny little bit with some ideas here and there, also a lot of feedback and bug reports... and when I saw how things were going (that was basically few months after the game came out) I went: "Oh, it was a grift. Got it." I had some cautious optimism here and there, but it's mostly the kind of optimism you get when you have a drunkard as a relative and you see them not drinking themselves to stupidity for a few days. You think: "Yeah, great, but when will they start drinking again?" And you're not surprised when you have to go pick them up at the police station at 5 in the morning.

I would never, ever buy anything else from these scammers, really. Not even if it was legitimately great. Let's say in that case I would... play it at a friend's place. Yes.

We are the products of TW not listening. Not the other way around.
That's a very chicken and egg kind of situation. Does anybody remember the truly old days, like before the release of original M&B and if devs communicated more back then? I would imagine that it was probably more of the devs not wanting to deal with us anymore at some point, rather than their silence making us toxic first.

To begin with, we return to a classic - early in development we explored a prototype of the player not just clearing but taking over common areas from criminals. This will be coming to the game. It will work similarly to other enterprises (like workshops and caravans) that provide players with a passive income but will also have its own twist. As they are not exactly legal ventures, you will need to deal with our crime system.
wow, who could've seen that coming?
Judging by what was shown years ago, it was only ever going to be basic, like owning a workshop except for crime + losing a companion to do it.
EUPCsfiXkAE3Fse.jpg

Stop being so elitist, Jesus Christ. It just makes you look like an ass.

Its one thing to not want a console port because it'll lead to a worse game, that's a perfectly rational fear. However, acting like console players don't deserve a game because they aren't as big a "fan" as you are is childish and idiotic.
Why shouldn´t I want a console port? I owned a console for the last 20+ years....

But it wasn´t the console crowd that made Warband or Bannerlord a success....and there are no synergies that made Bannerlord (PC) better because of the console version...or tell me what synergies this CEO is talking about.

But it wasn´t the console crowd that made Warband or Bannerlord a success....and there are no synergies that made Bannerlord (PC) better because of the console version...or tell me what synergies this CEO is talking about.
Who the **** actually cares about who made what game a success and who deserves what. I leave this forum for a good few months and come back to find actual arguments that some people just don't deserve a port, not even that the port shouldn't be made in the first place.

That's a very chicken and egg kind of situation. Does anybody remember the truly old days, like before the release of original M&B and if devs communicated more back then? I would imagine that it was probably more of the devs not wanting to deal with us anymore at some point, rather than their silence making us toxic first.
Armagan used to post here all the time. And no, not really. There were years (counting the beta) of constructive criticism that went completely dismissed before everyone realized it was a clown fest. At the end of the day Bannerlord is a fundamentally shallow and soulless product, and that is by design.

Last edited:
Who the **** actually cares about who made what game a success and who deserves what. I leave this forum for a good few months and come back to find actual arguments that some people just don't deserve a port, not even that the port shouldn't be made in the first place.
The port should have been made after the PC is complete, and no...it´s not complete when TW will release it.

You´re aware that the EA PC players funded the development of the game? "Around one year in EA"....

So plans after release sound more like "plans for next patch". I am curious if that means updating base game with new features will stop soon after release.

Also a lot of people will still buy DLCs because from my experience when a game is heavily supported by mods, you usually need all the DLCs to get the most benefit from mods. I guess we will see.

So plans after release sound more like "plans for next patch". I am curious if that means updating base game with new features will stop soon after release.
You can count on that for sure.

There is no incentive for TW to add any stuff that isn´t announced already (Exception: Paid DLC of course). Maybe they fix some of their broken / not really working systems under the hood that they didn´t care about during the EA period, but I also wouldn´t count on that.

Last edited:

Also a lot of people will still buy DLCs because from my experience when a game is heavily supported by mods, you usually need all the DLCs to get the most benefit from mods. I guess we will see.
Presumably there's risks that DLCs which add to the game as opposed to replacing it might conflict with or break mods for the base game. Is there a preference at Taleworlds for full game DLCs like With Fire & Sword or Viking Conquest or are they also focused on mini-expansion DLCs such as an Elephant or naval combat? Just curious if you had any insights.

Back
Top Bottom