Status of the Heir System?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've played this game since launch, but this is the first time I've gotten to the point where my character is about to die at the fine age of 83. Note from my doctor said that I have an illness and won't last much longer, so the game prompted me to set-up the heir before my demise. I can't figure out how to do it though, so I'm wondering if it's implemented yet?

When my character dies, what happens? Can he actually die? My wife's dead. My siblings are dead. Two of my three sons are dead, my daughter died at childbirth and I have no friend in the world. The only possible heir I have is my mentally handicapped son who never learned any skills, so I think it's time to shuffle off this mortal coil. I can't bear it any longer.

(i'm assuming the newborn babay can't rule my clan)

wow, I think you initial age is 23, so you have played 60 years in game time??
how can't you didn't capture the entire land yet?? in 60 years?

It's getting there, I'm just really slow with the game and spent an insane amount of time in crafting and such. The current day of my campaign is 4449 and my character is level 37.

As far I know, heir system is already implemented in the game but it is simply not existent for 90% of the players or more. I have never seen MC dying and having to play as my son, because late game is all about endless wars and I usually get bored and start a new campaign.

And yes, your heir should be 18 years old or older.

It's getting there, I'm just really slow with the game and spent an insane amount of time in crafting and such. The current day of my campaign is 4449 and my character is level 37.

omg you are a Slow player
oh well, I would said just honor this character and time to start a new campaign
you can't time travel back 18 years ago and have a new kid
just like you can't do the same in real life

you are just getting older every day
time passed, you are older and closer to death...... that's life

I could rush the game and conquer everything fast if I wanted, but why? I take my time with games because I'm not in a rush. You'd be surprised how interesting the campaign gets if you spend a lot of time in it. Even Unqid survived to age 81, and it's fun to see how clans and kingdoms change over time, who lives and dies etc.

For example, right now Vlandia is ruled by a Battanian warlord who I bribed to defect, and somehow he manipulated all the noble families of Vlandia to crown him as king, after the Queen died. In total, the Vlandian ruler has changed over 5 times in my playthrough and all of the original royal bloodlines are extinct. It's not even recognizable as how it was in the beginning. Derthert and Rhagaea were already dead when my campaign started.

As far I know, heir system is already implemented in the game but it is simply not existent for 90% of the players or more. I have never seen MC dying and having to play as my son, because late game is all about endless wars and I usually get bored and start a new campaign.

And yes, your heir should be 18 years old or older.

Thank you for the reply! :smile:

I could rush the game and conquer everything fast if I wanted, but why? I take my time with games because I'm not in a rush. You'd be surprised how interesting the campaign gets if you spend a lot of time in it. Even Unqid survived to age 81, and it's fun to see how clans and kingdoms change over time, who lives and dies etc.

For example, right now Vlandia is ruled by a Battanian warlord who I bribed to defect, and somehow he manipulated all the noble families of Vlandia to crown him as king, after the Queen of Vlandia died. In total, the Vlandian ruler has changed over 5 times in my playthrough and all of the original royal bloodlines are extinct. It's not even recognizable as how it was in the beginning. Derthert and Rhagaea were already dead when my campaign started.

Thank you for the reply! :smile:

interesting, so if the old family extinct, will a brand new random system generated family suddenly pop up and replace them??
I wonder how the system will keep this balance, does it count how many clans in each culture, and how many total should be
if below some number, generate some new family to balance it out

@Nicoseb you get a popup to choose who you want to become after your MC dies (nothing to do beforehand to prepare except perhaps drop off all your stuff in your fief stash so the next character can get it), sounds like you would get to play your mentally handicapped son :party: . Supposedly in 1.5.7 we are getting education so in your next playthrough your son can go to school for his handicap and be a little bit more useful once he takes over :lol:
interesting, so if the old family extinct, will a brand new random system generated family suddenly pop up and replace them??
I wonder how the system will keep this balance, does it count how many clans in each culture, and how many total should be
No that isn't what happens, they just die out if there isnt an 18 year old to take over.

After the royal family is dead, it seems to pick the next family more or less randomly. There doesn't seem to be a succession as such, since a Battanian (with no ties to the nobles) managed to become the ruler of Vlandia. It might be tied to the fiefs they own or some other invisible factor. However, there are still a few Vlandian nobles alive who were at least friends with Derthert's son (who was crowned after him obviously), but none of them were ever even considered as the new ruler. It's odd, but in my opinion it makes the game more interesting because you don't know what will happen next.

@Nicoseb you get a popup to choose who you want to become after your MC dies (nothing to do beforehand to prepare except perhaps drop off all your stuff in your fief stash so the next character can get it), sounds like you would get to play your mentally handicapped son :party: . Supposedly in 1.5.7 we are getting education so in your next playthrough your son can go to school for his handicap and be a little bit more useful once he takes over :lol:

No that isn't what happens, they just die out if there isnt an 18 year old to take over.

Amazing information, thanks a lot :grin: I had my game on hold until I could get some concrete info. How long does it take to die to the illness?

Amazing information, thanks a lot :grin: I had my game on hold until I could get some concrete info. How long does it take to die to the illness?
Once your health hits 0% you will die and it will slowly drain over the days I believe. So don't get in any fights that might reduce your health, take this time to drop off your loot and party to the garrison then just wait it out, wont take very long (i think). Last time it happened to me it was after a battle so I was already low health, can't tell you how long it would take from 100%.

Once your health hits 0% you will die and it will slowly drain over the days I believe. So don't get in any fights that might reduce your health, take this time to drop off your loot and party to the garrison then just wait it out, wont take very long (i think). Last time it happened to me it was after a battle so I was already low health, can't tell you how long it would take from 100%.

oh wait, so there will be a "illness phase", where system will alert you, "you are sick and about to die, you have 10 days left"???
so you can prepare before you die??

oh wait, so there will be a "illness phase", where system will alert you, "you are sick and about to die, you have 10 days left"???
so you can prepare before you die??
Yep, doesn't tell you how long you have left but makes it very clear with a popup saying you are on deaths door and should make arrangements for your next heir. Your red heart will turn green on the UI bar and you will see it slowly goes down to 0 (unless like I said you fight a battle that reduces it even more, getting knocked out will kill you as well since you hit 0% health). Once you die another popup occurs and you choose who you want to play as next

Yep, doesn't tell you how long you have left but makes it very clear with a popup saying you are on deaths door and should make arrangements for your next heir. Your red heart will turn green on the UI bar and you will see it slowly goes down to 0 (unless like I said you fight a battle that reduces it even more, getting knocked out will kill you as well since you hit 0% health). Once you die another popup occurs and you choose who you want to play as next
thanks, I am only 30 years old in the game so far, so I still have 50 years left haha I guess

but that would be extremely sad to see MC die

thanks, I am only 30 years old in the game so far, so I still have 50 years left haha I guess

but that would be extremely sad to see MC die
Not quite sure the exact number, but you start getting a chance (very small) to get death sickness somewhere in the late 50's. One of my MC's died in her 60's, so Nicob got pretty lucky making it to 83.

Not quite sure the exact number, but you start getting a chance (very small) to get death sickness somewhere in the late 50's. One of my MC's died in her 60's, so Nicob got pretty lucky making it to 83.

one more interesting thing, if you are female, is there a age limit, or how many babies you can have?
or after 40 years old you can't get pregnant anymore??

haha I will play female character next campaign

one more interesting thing, if you are female, is there a age limit, or how many babies you can have?

No limit on babies, but the chance to get pregnant goes down after each one. I think it gets pretty low after like 3-4 kids. There was a limit on age to have babies, not sure the exact age but likely somewhere around there. Not exactly sure if the age limit is still in or if the more recent lowering of chance after each new kid is what is putting a cork in it but I know you wont get infinite kids

My last MC died at 52. So don't wait too long to have 18+ kids. I had a strange campaign where my MC died. I had 3 kids under 18 years and wife at around 40s. I continued with my wife character but all the kids died.

Last Heard it was 45. You have plenty of time now that the main char start young. Your chance goes from 13% at 18 to 0% at 45. But as @Blood Gryphon said it also goes down with each child you have. 1-4 is pretty easy, after that you gotta do more waiting (or save scumming), 9 or 10 is the realistic limit. I got lucky and had twins as my 9 +10, otherwise I don't think I would have made 10. This was in the version where you char starts at 31 too, so it might be slightly easier now.

My last MC died at 52. So don't wait too long to have 18+ kids. I had a strange campaign where my MC died. I had 3 kids under 18 years and wife at around 40s. I continued with my wife character but all the kids died.
wow sounds like mid life crisis to the extreme
so if you die, your wife die, all your kids are still under 18, who will success??

Back
Top Bottom