Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a really strange first impressions regarding the enabled MMR, got into some very unbalanced games, at a glance i saw one team having ppl with 100, 250 and 500 wins badges, the other one having ppl with no badge, or just EA badges (i know,lot of people don't use badges even after they gain them, for various reasons), and i know for a fact neither of the teams were stacking, all were solo players, and of course 1 team was stomped 3:0 with lots ot their players having 0/6 K/D ratio. This happened 3 times yesterday, one of those 3 times was me being on the recieving end of the stomping, only me having 11/4 K/D on my team, while all the rest of the teammates having max 2 kills in all the 3 rounds.

I don't know if this was just a random misfortune, but i played only 3 matches after MMR enabled, and haven't experienced a balanced match yet.

My initial impressions of playing solo were very positive:
1fWUJus.png

Though my team won all those games, they were and felt super close, with both teams having a healthy mix of ''carry'' players and less standout ones.

Playing in a party does seem to result in less close games, but it's not like having MMR is going to completely remove 3-0 stomps. Overall it feels like every match is much closer and I'm quite happy.

It will get better over time especially since most of the ratings got set over relatively unbalanced matches.

Once we are confident thst everything works properly we will do an mmr adjustment and arrange calibration matches. After that ratings will be more accurate and the spread more even.

It will get better over time especially since most of the ratings got set over relatively unbalanced matches.

Once we are confident thst everything works properly we will do an mmr adjustment and arrange calibration matches. After that ratings will be more accurate and the spread more even.
How big is the disparity between the highest rating and a fresh one? I have been playing the last two days now and I am unable to get a freshly made game. All of the ones I've played so far were running games where slots freed up. I get skipped every single time a match is created.

All EA matches counted for the calculations. That's why some long term very good players are at very high mmrs and are finding it hard to get in matches.

Thanks again AVRC, this helps clarify things and it explains why some of us are having unusually high wait times. Keep up the great work Taleworlds team! I'm loving all these fresh updates :smile:.

Thanks again AVRC, this helps clarify things and it explains why some of us are having unusually high wait times. Keep up the great work Taleworlds team! I'm loving all these fresh updates :smile:.
Thank you for your understanding as we improve the systems.

Another question, with the clan system opening, will it be possible for clans from different servers to compete together?
How is the server ping caculated?
Our clan wants to interact with other server clans:smile:@AVRC

Another question, with the clan system opening, will it be possible for clans from different servers to compete together?
How is the server ping caculated?
Our clan wants to interact with other server clans:smile:@AVRC
No, regions and their match pools are separate at the moment. There can be a work around to have clans join cross region matches but I think one side having a significant ping disadvantage goes against the idea of fair competition. That's why global competitions are always done over LAN.

I have a really strange first impressions regarding the enabled MMR, got into some very unbalanced games, at a glance i saw one team having ppl with 100, 250 and 500 wins badges, the other one having ppl with no badge, or just EA badges (i know,lot of people don't use badges even after they gain them, for various reasons), and i know for a fact neither of the teams were stacking, all were solo players, and of course 1 team was stomped 3:0 with lots ot their players having 0/6 K/D ratio. This happened 3 times yesterday, one of those 3 times was me being on the recieving end of the stomping, only me having 11/4 K/D on my team, while all the rest of the teammates having max 2 kills in all the 3 rounds.

I don't know if this was just a random misfortune, but i played only 3 matches after MMR enabled, and haven't experienced a balanced match yet.

Could you share a screenshot of scoreboard when you think sides clearly aren't balanced?

You should be able check it from recent games now that I thought about it. Could you check if it is there?
I don`t know if its possible to check the scoreboards from those recent games, but thats where it was the most obvious. I was mistaken slightly, there was one "close" match 3:1 where we lost :smile: but the scoreboard would show more discrepancy

Zz3DBN3.jpg

I don`t know if its possible to check the scoreboards from those recent games, but thats where it was the most obvious. I was mistaken slightly, there was one "close" match 3:1 where we lost :smile: but the scoreboard would show more discrepancy

Zz3DBN3.jpg

I need player names actually. Could you please expand one?

Please do let me know if it was just a random occurrence or the feeling of imbalance was justified.

Gop1Mjc.jpg
QAwVkqw.jpg
nK0pRxL.jpg

For the first match, there is 800 MMR difference between teams in total as of now. If you consider the MMR gained/lost after match, it seems pretty balanced to me from the point of MMR. MMR itself can be not very reliable at the moment due to random matches so far and the fact that clans choosing to play against each other a lot. Players of an average clan would be better than an average player I would think.

We normalized the overall MMRs of all players so that players with very high and very low MMRs can find matches faster without giving up too much of match quality.

Basically all players got closer to the average MMR depending on how far they were. Everyone is relatively ranked the same as before.

Players of an average clan would be better than an average player I would think.
Yeah now that i think of it, it makes lot of sence, as i don't follow clan stuff almost at all, but the clan members do tend to play mostly matches agains other clans, and lose/gain MMR that way, which is almost a whole dimension apart from gaining it in random matches, but they are put in the same pool nevertheless.

Thanks a bunch for looking into this, i really like the idea behind MMR and am glad it's finally in.

Back
Top Bottom