Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

As long as the Aserai is toned down the rest is pretty manageable.

Are there any changes to the Battanian Wildling? Just a simple yes or no, dont need to go into any details. Its my favorite class.

71zdQescuOL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I hope you know what you're doing and not just following the whiners' demands.

As I mentioned in my post, we didn't go the direct route of just nerfing them in to the ground by making cavalry deal less damage or make horses slower/less maneuverable or whatever.
We tried to keep the fun of it, but just gave infantry more tools to punish cavalry, since that was definitely a problem. So playing that class will become more skillful but if you play well can reach a similar amount of effectiveness.

On top of the combat changes, there will be some class changes to cavalry aswell though, about equipment and price.

As I mentioned in my post, we didn't go the direct route of just nerfing them in to the ground by making cavalry deal less damage or make horses slower/less maneuverable or whatever.
We tried to keep the fun of it, but just gave infantry more tools to punish cavalry, since that was definitely a problem. So playing that class will become more skillful but if you play well can reach a similar amount of effectiveness.

On top of the combat changes, there will be some class changes to cavalry aswell though, about equipment and price.

This is the right way to go about it. The only things broken about cavalry are the ease of couching and the way dismounts work sometimes. Every other problem with cav is actually an issue with inf not having tools to deal with them. Cav v cav is the strongest aspect of the combat right now

Sweet and at the same time promising .

@NIN3 Do we need to sign-up as a Beta Tester? If so, I would like to join ^^

Also if you have any meetings then I, as a franchise veteran, would love to join you.

Glad I read this thread all the way through, it answered many of my questions I was going to ask. Looking forward to this patch, highly anticipated among many of us, and hopefully will move the game in the right direction. @Gab helped massively setting a base line of where to go and I know he and many others put a lot of work into trying to find the right line to go with it and I'm very pleased the developers picked this up and rolled with it, working hard to tweak and edit the params to work right, alongside editing combat overall with different classes around these edited params.

Couple questions really. Firstly, when will the patch go live/will it be just the beta first (and if so how long will such be in beta and what sort of servers will we get with it?).

Are the changes to the classes mainly directed at balance (so mixing up the perks with different weapons etc) or is there major aesthetic changes implemented (armour switch arounds?)

what sort of servers will we get with it?

We will post about details of Beta servers when patch is released. Current plan is to have same system running on Live with all back-end services. So there will be Matchmaking, Custom games, Clan games and Private games (Duel servers (and maybe an event server)). Only exception is OCE region will only have a 40-person duel server.

Will the couch lance have a cool down ? And also, was the horse hitbox fixed ? Cuz aiming for cavs head and shooting the horse is frustrating, especially when the arrow does 25 dmg and you take 743 dmg from the couch

Also, shooting in the cav shield while he is couching should cancel the couch like it did to some extent in Warband

Other than that there were some new mechanics added to cavalry gameplay, making it more punishing if you make mistakes and also archery/skirmishing was adjusted in parts.

If I may ask, what mechanics were added to cavalry gameplay? Do horses not bounce back from walls and objects anymore? Will the angle from which you can stop the horse with spears be widened? Basically the things community has been asking for. I am pretty enthused and I am looking forward to the combat patch. It seems like it will finally be a step in the right direction.

Also, appreciate all the replies and responses. It's WAY better than earlier in beta and after the EA release. Keep it up ?

Do horses not bounce back from walls and objects anymore?

This would be my guess. Some kind of rearing or actual stun would be the only thing that really qualifies as a new "mechanic." Unless ofc they bring back the option to knock someone off their horse :razz: but I hope they dont do that unless they also limit the classes who can mount horses.

If I may ask, what mechanics were added to cavalry gameplay? Do horses not bounce back from walls and objects anymore? Will the angle from which you can stop the horse with spears be widened? Basically the things community has been asking for. I am pretty enthused and I am looking forward to the combat patch. It seems like it will finally be a step in the right direction.

Also, appreciate all the replies and responses. It's WAY better than earlier in beta and after the EA release. Keep it up ?
Running full speed straight into a wall at a very steep angle causes rearing. We also adjusted spear rearing angles and bumping/knocking down speeds.

We are trying to keep all the things that make cav feel powerful and fun to play while introducing weaknesses and punishment for bad decisions.

Running full speed straight into a wall at a very steep angle causes rearing. We also adjusted spear rearing angles and bumping/knocking down speeds.

We are trying to keep all the things that make cav feel powerful and fun to play while introducing weaknesses and punishment for bad decisions.

Hallelujah, I'm happy to see such changes

It's been a while since I've been this hyped for upcoming patch.

Increased, right?

thanks for the update,
i have a Question that have been avoided since day 1
and i don't know why no one considering it seriously
@NIN3
why there is no swings for spears when "unshielded" ?
i put up some threads and the replies were either
-yeah, good point agreeing with this
-or, "pull ur sword when 1vs1, spears are meant to stop horses and that's it"

i find no argument supports the removal of the swings to spears
they could harass in reality and they did in warband and they were not OP

they feel capped and limited, like a total war game unit design, "strict to balance"
believe me, i don't want my weapon to be OP, i just wanna have different moves to kill

Back
Top Bottom