Starting a Forum Game starting this Friday with Turn 1!

Users who are viewing this thread

great!
I'm surprised how quickly this got going, I only posted the thread no more than a half-hour ago.

Elaborate on territory conquering, please.

You could make it like Risk, with just a set amount of armies going at it randomly, or will you work in some sort of veterancy thing? ie every battle an army loses the dice gets smaller, like 1/50 chance, then second battle 1/40 etc.

Either way, I'd like to play. It's like AoM meets Risk.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
kavien said:
too late.

:lol:

Anyways, I'll make the description of my kingdom/empire a bit later. I'm a tad busy at the moment.

A question though TDM. According to Kavien :

Options will include:
Heavy infantry, Pikemen, Fatherland Guard, Arquebusiers, Heavy Cavalry, Lancers, Longbowman, Bowman, Rangers etc. . .
there will also be mercanry companies, such as Genoese Crossbowman, Phalanx, Swiss Pikemen, Welsh Longbowmen, Vikings etc. . .

So how do we categorise Attk/def/speed of the unit? If we're the ones making it. :neutral:

Juz for suggestion,IMHO soldier system should contain beside the traditional attk/def/range def/life should also have range (determines who attacks preemptively), Accuracy (gained from unit type,experience, determines amount of damage from the 100% of their calculated damage done effectively to the enemy, chances can be done using dice rolls, the accuracy of the unit determines the size of the dice.)

movement speed of units would work in the same unit as range (ranged units will stop advancing at their designated range, while melee will continue moving up according to their speed meaning each round would have '(remaining distance - speed) + range of melee unit' checks. Once the distance between the two party is 0 or negative, melee would start attacking the range unit (and range units will have melee disadvantages, depending on their type. Like longbowmen will do badly compared to skirmishers).

The skirmishers however should have a skirmish status, which causes them to back up (insert % here) of their forward speed each round and only stop for normal combat when the other party catches up. This system IMO would cause mounted skirmishers to be very useful in combat.

While cavalry should have a charge bonus of (insert % here) during the 1st round of their combat round when they reach the enemy due to being in full gallop. The percentage would depend of type of cavalry (heavy and lancer will have more than say light cavalry.)

And a morale system that determines that whether soldiers rout/flee or abandon all together would be a nice touch to it as well.

Hope these ideas don't burn ur brains. :grin:

[me=Mage246]waits patiently for this thread to collapse under the weight of its own ambition[/me]

Back
Top Bottom