Start as a Dena Party of Raiders! (small tweak)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys! I really like Brytenwalda (alongside PoP one of my fav mods) and I was lately trying to reimagine myself as a Dena Pirate Captain shipwrecking in these strange lands with a desire of plunder and booty!

So I made this small tweak, changed the names of a stable raiding party in troops.txt to more nordic names based in Myths/History, changed their looks to be more "blonde" and created a starting point savegame that starts with full Dena gear, extremely customizable companions and you as a very close to standard Dena Raider according to in-game stats/lore , meaning level 29 guy with 30str/20agi/12int/14cha.

All your companions are level 20 with bare stats/skills ready to be customized by you, you even start with neg rep  :grin:

So it´s your 8th day/March the 1st  on this forsaken place, filled with people ready to be robbed, you are a proud Dena Warrior and have a tough cadre of friends/companions willing to help you with that to boot!

Here is my Warband Nexus Link with the savegame and the lightly modified troops.txt that goes with it (just changed the names of companions that formed a stable raiding party) plus changed some of their "looks" to be more Nordic.

http://mbwarband.nexusmods.com/mods/5843/?

Dena Party Savegame!

A very small and simple tweak, but hope you like it!

Cheers!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm going to try this asap! Love you man :grin:

edit 1: Warband wont even start now... i get this:

Generic application error. Enable debug output for detailed information. Switching to reference rasterizer bla bla.

What now?

Ugljesa said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm going to try this asap! Love you man :grin:

edit 1: Warband wont even start now... i get this:

Generic application error. Enable debug output for detailed information. Switching to reference rasterizer bla bla.

What now?
did you install the savegame correctly? it goes in the brytenwalda saves folder, under documents > M&B warband savegames, if im not mistaken.

Yes i did, i installed everything correctly. I think his computer is way better than mine and i remember something popped up about 3D rendering. Maybe i just cant run the game with his savegames?

edit: Nevermind, i got it working. However, its not encouraging to see dena parties running away from me, even though i was one of them :/ If that could be somehow changed i would really appreciate it. And one thing more, i somehow feel op starting with companions that have 10 in pathfinding, spotting etc. ( i made them that way) so i was wondering if its possible to start with one companion or two, that have a lower level, sth like 5. Leave their equipment, just change these things.

You just gave me a wonderful idea ... Yes, I will tweak down all companions to lower level, perhaps around 10 and edit factions. Give me a day or two as I am abroad in the field atm and only have my work computer. Fret not!

Just be patient! ...

And Done!  :mrgreen:

You spawn in the savegame next to a Dena Landing site that has been stocked with basic goods and some money, It´s only Day 3 (had better luck finding companions) and start at 15 relations with Sea Raiders, standard to all others. You can trade stolen supplies in the landing for a bit. If you want to stay for the long run build relations with the locals, remember you are a bandit not a settler!  :grin:

Companions are toned down to level 10, you remain the same. You start with -10 rep too and are already unfriendly to neighboring kingdom

Will probably create Scotto/Unright/Masterless Men/Frank bandit parties savegames too with appropiate faction standings. Seems a nice change of pace, wish the game allowed you to start as a bandit like this, but you can work with what tools you have atm.

Enjoy!

Small Edit: remember that the way the faction works in Warband , Sea Raiders wont attack you with this tweak , but you still have to help them around by helping them against lords/villagers/etc if you want them to really like you.

HolmgårdViking said:
Eagerly awaiting for the next version  :wink:

As am I! If I may also add, let us start with 2-3 companions at level 7,8,9 and the player lvl 10. Have the other "companions" scattered across the map, waiting for you in tavers in full gear. Something like, your ship sank, you got separated from most of your men, they managed to survive and they went to taverns to look for jobs. Maybe you just start with an axe, you lost your shield, maybe that axe is chipped from the shipwreck. So many options for a really nice rpg :smile:

Hmmm that seems doable too, just some fidgeting with the troops.txt.

Problem is Dialog will be the base for original Brytenwalda Chars, if you don´t mind that I can easily do that too. My "skills" are just some time to fool around with basic .txt files in the game  :sad:

So when you find them in taverns they will talk "funny", perhaps the sea and the shipwreck addled their brains? :lol:

New Savegame 1.1 is out , now with friendly relations to Dena Parties, you can trade in their Landing too!

Hmmm, wonder where are the original chars DIALOG, so I could edit it a bit to keep immersion ...

Edit: For fun I updated my small savegame with a new savegame! I created with the same template of stable raiding companions a new set of Pict Historical based named Warband, full of Pict Goodies, much lower level, since all your companions are level 1 and you start as a stat lore friendly "Unright" of Pictish descent (Level 19, 22/14/8/10)

In the savegame you spawn next to an Unright Camp in Fortriu territory with a well stocked Camp that will gladly buy your pillaged goods! All of your Pict brethren are armed to the teeth in Pictish Fashion and eager to follow you! XD

Been playing today with the "Unright" Pictish warband, they so much fun! And you can recruit roaming Unright parties right away if you have the money! The spawn point will keep pumping them weekly as soon as they fall to war parties, conquering the land with Bandit Leaders and Unrights sounds fun :smile:

Any takers for Scot Bandit Savegame? hehe

Can we recruit denas just like unrights? :smile:

Here are some ideas/things you should change:

Firstly, lower player relations with all factions to -1, but -10 with east anglia (you are a dena pirate, angles know what your kin does, but other kingdoms are not so concerned, a bunch of scillingas should fix that).

Secondly, companions are still too strong. I can easily max surgery or pathfinding or anything right from the start. They just have way too many skill points. At the start they should have max of 4 skill in pathfinding etc. since there are "regular" companions that start with that much skill. I guess this means lowering their level too, and im fine with that. The player character should also be much weaker, he did just came to plunder, so he is still a "rookie" by dena standards. He could have increased his skills by figthing the easterners, right?

However, savegames should be "realistic". No quitting without saving, are you a viking or not?! :grin:

Lastly, it really sucks not being able to help my dena brothers when they are attacking a caravan, i think this can be fixed by lowering relations with other factions to at least -1.

You're doing a great thing for all of us viking lovers! Keep doing it :grin:

NPC´s are getting same skillpoints as players 23 (with 1int) at level 1. If that seems excessive you are actually asking them to be nerfed by placing arbitrarily points in Inventory Management for example and smattering their skillpoints one point here and there on the most useless skills ever, like having all  companions with 1 to 3 points in inv mgmnt, tactics, entertainment, weapon master, trade, foraging etc, etc ...  Some of them good skills but no point in companions that overlap skills, it´s wasteful.

That´s how they start already in vanilla brytenwalda, why repeat that again? Just wondering. For that you can actually play the original chars hehe and play "pure".  :wink:

Any well rounded up companion from level 1 with 9/6/6/6 stats is the way to go "legit" , if you leave them with 1 int and 1 cha and all else on str/agi , thats you creating "frankenheroes"  :mrgreen:

I could limit people by placing all of companions with forced stat bases and attributes, but that limits you whereas I want full freedom, just my two cents.

I will import the template for Pictish Unright companions into Dena Raiders to give people the feeling of progression you seem to want, and I believe many others want too. (Im just a jaded vet that starts with a level 45 hero and level 32 companions after playing Mount and Blade over and over for the past years)

Will work on that when I can, you tried the Unright Pictish party? It is a much lower level experience!

I havent tested Unright Picts, but from what i've read they sound pretty awesome. If i ever get bored with denas, im off as a pict :grin: Have you considered any other ideas i've posted here?

I just tried this, using 1.41, I replaced troops.txt, planted the savegames in documents etc etc, but I get the incomp.save file too

Back
Top Bottom