Sometimes the soldiers carried by the Lord are unreasonable, Even all 5 Tier

Users who are viewing this thread

It's been around for a long time.
It can sometimes seem strange, sometimes making the game too difficult or too simple.

The Lord's soldiers will gradually upgrade as time goes by.
It's normal and reasonable.
Sometimes, when a country keeps peace for a period of time, the Lord's soldiers do not fight, they do not die. The longer the peace is maintained, the more Tier the Lords' soldiers are.
After a period of time, players often encounter a hostile country, have just started a war, and have all the elite (5 Tier soldiers) .
In terms of difficulty, it's not friendly. It's not very normal.
On the other hand, in countries that are constantly at war, especially on the disadvantaged side, lords often lead with large numbers of recruits.
In an ideal situation, I hope the Lords will have soldiers of the corresponding rank according to the actual situation. As time goes by, it's OK to upgrade soldiers, but don't let all lords have all 5Tier soldiers according to the time.
Given some restrictions, such as money, for wealthy lords, they can upgrade many 5 Tiers soldiers. For poor lords, they may have only a small amount of 4 Tier, and the rest are 3 Tier or less.
If a Lord has special abilities, such as high skills or money, maybe they can give some soldiers an immediate upgrade effect when recruiting soldiers in the village to reflect their strength and avoid players always meeting a large number of recruits.

I remember that other players had feedback on similar issues.
I understand that this is not an easy content to adjust. But I hope it gets noticed.

can't you just not engage when you see the enemy is too powerfull?

don't lords spend money on upgrades already? i think the cheat they have is upgrading without the need for mounts. this needs to go i agree.

money is already too tight during peace time to support many elite units in bannerlord. best one can do with a town is around 200.

can't you just not engage when you see the enemy is too powerfull?

don't lords spend money on upgrades already? i think the cheat they have is upgrading without the need for mounts. this needs to go i agree.

money is already too tight during peace time to support many elite units in bannerlord. best one can do with a town is around 200.

Of course I don't attack the enemy I can't beat.

The problem with this is that as long as peace is maintained for a period of time, the Lord will have a large number of 5 Tier soldiers.
As long as the country has been at war, the country's Lord will have a large number of low-level soldiers, even most of them are 1 Tier soldiers.
No matter whether they are rich or not, whether their family level is high, whether their skills are strong or not.
The factor that determines whether the Lord's soldiers are strong or not is the time he does not fight. This is what I think needs to be modified.

I don't remember the specifics but I'd be skeptical of the AI having to provide for high tier units costs at the same rate as the player. They probably get enough cheat money to keep upgrading and troops don't disband if you don't pay them anyways.

Personally I've always managed to butcher these super parties in the field when I had too, but I play dirty with HA and archers.
Once they have good beat down it does take them a long time to reach that quality again though.

No matter whether they are rich or not, whether their family level is high, whether their skills are strong or not.
the player can get highest tier troops at clan level zero. things being gated by clan tier need to go.
they're lords so of course they have high skill.
if they don't need to pay them as the player then it's a huge issue that must be fixed.
The factor that determines whether the Lord's soldiers are strong or not is the time he does not fight. This is what I think needs to be modified.
true. their cheat xp must be tied to a skill and the player must be able to also get access to it.
I don't remember the specifics but I'd be skeptical of the AI having to provide for high tier units costs at the same rate as the player. They probably get enough cheat money to keep upgrading and troops don't disband if you don't pay them anyways.
then you need to remember. it's a huge issue imo if lords get cheat money in addition to their other cheats...

Of course I don't attack the enemy I can't beat.

The problem with this is that as long as peace is maintained for a period of time, the Lord will have a large number of 5 Tier soldiers.
As long as the country has been at war, the country's Lord will have a large number of low-level soldiers, even most of them are 1 Tier soldiers.

Agree with this.

Agree with this.
I actually really like the way this functions, but the problem is that often times the stronger a faction gets the longer it stays in peace. So we just end up with strong factions with even stronger troops while weaker factions like sturgia can't get any peace time to actually rebuild their troops.

Honestly though I only run into this problem with Khuzait (because they rarely lose fights even at war) and the Aserai (because they are typically in peace).

This function would be great to let weaker factions rebuild their strength maybe not in numbers but in tier level. We just need to switch how AI decide how important it is to remain in peace. Maybe 1.5.6 does something around this to help factions comeback.

Well, we could think that kingdoms usually involved in wars should have more experienced and veteran warriors, but it is also true that war attrition should be a problem for constant wars.

I really do not have a strong opinion about this, but maybe it would be better if the AI would not get experience cheats for +T3 or +T4 units.

happen to me , aserai has a loong peace period , an then they attack 1600 army of angry mamelukes and heavy infantry , have to make a peace and pay tribute, not even a 2500 army of levy and crossbows can deal with that

I have had the opposite problem - all lower tier units.

The problem is right now the first wave is of higher tier units then the ones after are mostly 1-3 tier units. That's also a function of the surviving army winning a lot of auto resolve fights too.

This problem is not really solvable in my opinion. It comes from the core feature of upgrading units which is kind of fun, but which is actually utter nonsense the way it is done in any M+B game if compared to reality. You could only avoid it with fixed unit tier percentages per party, a feature which many players wouldn't possibly like.

too much or too little?
that's with 7 workshops and 4 caravans

200 income from a town is way low. Even a bad town (Akkalat with two bound villages, for example) should provide something like 400-600 per day before the villages contribute anything.

This problem is not really solvable in my opinion. It comes from the core feature of upgrading units which is kind of fun, but which is actually utter nonsense the way it is done in any M+B game if compared to reality. You could only avoid it with fixed unit tier percentages per party, a feature which many players wouldn't possibly like.

Well, the OP's complaint is about AI parties, so something being unfun doesn't matter. That said, I don't think it is a big deal to have to occasionally deal with max-tier parties or high-tier armies.

upgrading units shuld be way more expensive , imo , wages are good balanced but the price to upgrade units its very cheap , should cost more to high tier units like banner knights , considering the equipment of those units , so the player have to really balance economy at least in early or mid game .

Back
Top Bottom