Someone please make a minimod/fix!

Users who are viewing this thread

reklem

Sergeant at Arms
Everyone with vista seems to get spontaneous crashes during battles, me too. NO - it's not the smoke, i can have 50 men firing and i can then dance in the smoke and i get only a tiny little bit of lag, but sometimes, (quite often, actually) the game just crashes to desktop when i or anybody else fires a gun. Apparently Vista is causing that (i have vista too - sucks ass) so could anyone please make a some kind of minipatch thingy that would deal with the vista issue? I have no idea how to do it myself, so that's why I'm asking.

PS. "so could anyone please make a some kind of minipatch thingy that would deal with the vista issue?" OR give advice on how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

To be honest, we've no idea how this works. Bjorne said one of his friends solved by lowering graphics to rock bottom, or perhaps you could use XP compatibility?

I'm using XP compatibility, and lowering graphics to rock bottom... well... ehm... no. Oh, and there is another weird thing, i was playing AoB and it was constantly crashing when i fired my musket, then stopped playing and made this topic, and later, when i continued playing it was working fine!! So it only gets an attack of crashing disease every now and then... :???:

Venitius said:
To be honest, we've no idea how this works. Bjorne said one of his friends solved by lowering graphics to rock bottom, or perhaps you could use XP compatibility?
Friend... Colonel... meh... Well huge difference. but it doesn't matter that much..

try this: remove that check from the topmost boxes in sound options.
or just disable sound for now until they figure out the problem.

I can't shake the feeling that I have read somewhere, I think written by thufir, that the CTD problem is being caused by the musket and/or pistol fire sound and graphics has nothing to do with it but I can't seem to find the thread.

downgrade means changing something for an earlier version of that certain something(i.e. Vista ==> XP).

Thufir said:
To everyone having issues with musket fire causing a crash to desktop-

From what is being described it seems like there might be a problem with the weapons triggers.  Could someone tell me if muskets AND pistols are causing a crash or just muskets? (the trigger used for the pistol is in native and shouldn't cause any problems)

Another option would be putting the mod into an actual installer.  Does anyone with experience solving Vista problems have an opinion on that?

Thanks,

-Thufir
??

ya. But still.. "Some one make...." is no good way to start something. I think talking to someone who made the mod.. or learn to do it yourself is the best...

Fine for me....

Tried a new game? Worked for me a few times.
Or reinstall....
for me reinstalling takes about a minute.

Back
Top Bottom