Someone just tried to assasinate me

Users who are viewing this thread

darkcrow

Recruit
So I was besieging a knergit castle and in my foolishness, I forgot to stock up on supplies. I ran out of food so had to "postpone" the siege and go to the nearest settlement for food. This was a Swadian town and since I am not at war with the Swadians, I just entered the town normally.

Imagine my suprise when half a dozen bandits rushed at me in the street! A message came up saying that it was an ambush. After I had finished being suprised and found my sword, the bandits were dead and I got a message saying something along the lines of:

"The bandits now lie dead or dying in the street. You search the bodies and find a purse of money - presumably from their last victim. Or perhaps a fee to end your life".

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way of finding out who sent them?

Thanks.

Fun stuff huh!? :grin:
It's especially "Wtf!" when it first happens. I don't think it's story driven, and personally I wouldn't like it to stop.
Just someone's idea of a good way to break your routine.

Yeah, they're really just simple ambushes at this point, though it would be cool if they ever did decide to tag a mini-quest onto them.

I'm surprised you only found out about now, and from a town no less.  They're quite common in villages.  The number of attackers seem to be based on your renown, or possibly your level.

Iodine said:
Yeah, they're really just simple ambushes at this point, though it would be cool if they ever did decide to tag a mini-quest onto them.

I'm surprised you only found out about now, and from a town no less.  They're quite common in villages.  The number of attackers seem to be based on your renown, or possibly your level.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with your level. I once cheated up to level 40 (import/export) and I had to face like 9 enemies.

Yeah man, I love it when that happens. I hope they do add a quest to it/or a way to trace if someone was putting money on your head.

it happen me 6-7 time now.. 2 was in city :smile:
easy money and some free exp from those bandits  :lol:

I routinely visit every vaegir village for cheap fur (they sel it sometimes for 40 denar  :shock:) so I get attacked a lot, its fun, I like this new feature, one of the night I got attacked two times in a row :grin:

If I get damaged in the fight sometimes I leave the village with full health, sometimes Im still wounded, I dont know why...

I get attacked almost everytime I enter a village/city at night. I dont think I have ever got money off of the bandits before though. I am still playing .951 so that might be why.

Fei Dao said:
Iodine said:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with your level. I once cheated up to level 40 (import/export) and I had to face like 9 enemies.

Yup, I've also found that as level increases, so too does the number of bandits.

I'd like to see a different type of assassin as level-increases though. From simple bandits through to hired mercenaries or even a one-on-one fight with a killing machine, well equipped with high stats...

Markus II said:
I'd like to see a different type of assassin as level-increases though. From simple bandits through to hired mercenaries or even a one-on-one fight with a killing machine, well equipped with high stats...

Sort of like the mod "Morrowind comes alive" where it was possible to walk into a town and all of a sudden, a Knight in steel armour comes charging to you with his Daedric Battle Axe.

Sulibres said:
Markus II said:

Sort of like the mod "Morrowind comes alive" where it was possible to walk into a town and all of a sudden, a Knight in steel armour comes charging to you with his Daedric Battle Axe.

IIRC in Morrowind you're getting attacked by Dark Brotherhood.

M@ster-$ said:
Sulibres said:
Markus II said:

IIRC in Morrowind you're getting attacked by Dark Brotherhood.

Correct.

Well, correct as much as it happened in Morrowind, after the additon of the first expansion pack.

Sulibres was referring to a Mod that added random encounters of a sort. Very cool btw.

I'd love to see something similar in M&B - with such encounters tied to Lord/Faction relations...

not only seems to increase with the level, as it happens more often at night, in villages and towns.

it's just some event to sparken the game.

it's normal. the purse and note, seem to be a new 960 addition, but the bandits attacks are from other previous version.

isi said:
not only seems to increase with the level, as it happens more often at night, in villages and towns.
Into ridiculous proportions,

(You just can't win fights like that. :/)

I can, but it's still freaking stupid. Waiting till daybreak before going to the inn to sleep? Just because the town is too stupid too place night guards around? WTF?! Yea, hell. I really hate that 'feature'. :mad:

Servitor said:
I can, but it's still freaking stupid. Waiting till daybreak before going to the inn to sleep? Just because the town is too stupid too place night guards around? WTF?! Yea, hell. I really hate that 'feature'. :mad:

Well, the encounter doesn't occur everytime you enter a town after dark and when it does, it represents your ambushers picking the most opportune time to step out of the shadows with weapons drawn.

I'd suggest toning down the frequency or perhaps linking it to a story line/relations mechanic in future versions, but apart from that I think it's an excellent feature.

Markus II said:
Servitor said:

Well, the encounter doesn't occur everytime you enter a town after dark and when it does, it represents your ambushers picking the most opportune time to step out of the shadows with weapons drawn.

I'd suggest toning down the frequency or perhaps linking it to a story line/relations mechanic in future versions, but apart from that I think it's an excellent feature.

What I really find fuinny is that you can have an army at your back but you always face the bandits alone.

Agarian said:
Markus II said:
Servitor said:

What I really find fuinny is that you can have an army at your back but you always face the bandits alone.

I'd like to see your companions included in such ambushes, similar to the rioting peasants in the Collect Taxes quests.

Back
Top Bottom