Some small suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

pesty13480

Recruit
1. Take All

I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort to code into the game, but I'm a rather lazy sort of fellow and I would potentially like to see, if it isn't too much trouble, some sort of retrieval button on the inventory screen. Basically, it'll grab every item from the post-battle screen, with one click instead of having to manually drag and drop.

2. Houses

How about a single room building of some sort you can earn after achieving enough rank in one of the armies, or potentially as a quest item. The benefit, apart from maybe a small merchant bonus to whatever faction you're with, would be the ability to buy some small improvements. For instance, you could buy a chess set or some such that will raise your tactics stat by 1 every two weeks or so of in game time or whatever, so long as its more like a bonus than something abuseable.

To clarify, you earn enough rank and enough money and you speak with one of the nobles. He lets you select a town from any under your faction's control, and voila, you have a small apartment or something somewhere. Then you can buy improvements from your butler or maid or some such.

3. Perhaps if time allows how about some non-human related quests. While the charm of this game is that there's no magic use and what not to detract from the authentic medieval setting, why not a few packs of wolves wandering around or maybe even bears or some such. It would probably be a hassle to model mind you but I know I get off on the thought of charging into a bear with a lance.

4. More factions. I don't mean to design more factions from the ground up and give them cities, but perhaps the ability to join up with the different kind of bandits - maybe they have a tent camp somewhere and you can sign up with them and be able to attack peasants, refuges and what not. As most of the infrastructure is in place, that is to say different levels of bandits and such, it might be a novel change.

5. More, generic, locational damage. Since there's already armour values for head, torso and legs, I don't think it would be too hard to implement locationally specific damage and appropriate penalties. Perhaps if you were to be shot in the leg with a crossbow, you'd take a decent sized penalty to your movement speed, et cetera.

I don't know what a reasonable formula would be for this. For every 10 points of damage to the legs, your speed is reduced by 10% maybe? For every 10 damage or so to your torso, you'd lose 30 points from all your weapon skill (temporarily of course until you're healed). Head will either be fatal or knock out all your intelligence based skills (even on the overworld map) until its healed.

pesty13480 said:
1. Take All

I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort to code into the game, but I'm a rather lazy sort of fellow and I would potentially like to see, if it isn't too much trouble, some sort of retrieval button on the inventory screen. Basically, it'll grab every item from the post-battle screen, with one click instead of having to manually drag and drop.

If you hold Ctrl and click it's much quicker.

I Don't know, was never really a fan of movement penalties. If you get shot in the leg your basically dead from swarming enemies :razz: If you make things too realistic it sometimes saps the fun out of things!

You've got to think, would being penalized in movement and accuracy make the game more fun? :razz:

Well, usually you'll be entering the battle on a horse, so it's not that important :smile:. And shoting enemy in the legs to slow them down, for instance, is rather nice thingy, that adds more realism and fun, that's for sure.
And besides, the game is already rather realistic in terms of HP. Why not go forth and make it even more realistic?
Expecially if combined with morale, heavily injured oppnonents will lose will to fight and try to leave the battle - isn't it nice?
Heh, and I'm still convinced that at least basic dismemerment will add a great lot to the game. AFter you chopped someone with a giant axe for 100+ damage and see them topple over nice and clean like from heart attack... that a large immersion hit.

Back
Top Bottom