Some nooby question as im new

Users who are viewing this thread

greniph

Recruit
Edit: Is there any way to get more armours and weapons in native? Cos i already have the best of them  :sad:

Questions below are answered, ty :grin:

Raiding caravans and war don't get me much money  :sad: Is there any way besides buy/sell resource and the 2 options in front?

Ty again  :grin:

A few more questions, I wanna siege a castle but i only have 30 - 40 people. How can i siege castles ? I tried asking the lords to follow me but they ask me to follow 'em instead  :shock:

Also, what do you guys do for money? I only do tournaments but they seem to get lesser and lesser cash. Buy/sell resources takes too long.

Last! I read about some users that don't use mecenaries that they hire in tavern. Where else can they get their army ?

And I always get owned by enemy faction lords. I can only gang enemy lords when i join a winning ally lord.  :sad:

Sry for the bombard of questions. Fresh to the game  :grin:

Hi guys, im starting to play M&B for 2 days now. but i'm wondering what do i do with the captured lords listen under 'prisoners' ?

And also, building a facility for my town, does the town gets richer ? or something else.

Tyvm  :grin:

You can ransom a lord, or keep him so that he does not make more armies. The longer you keep a lord, the higher the ransom offers will become, but the more chance of him escaping.

All the facilities have different benefits.

Keep the lord prisoner, eventually his faction will offer you a ransom for him.

The upgrades can slowly increase the villages prosperity and can give you other bonuses like informing you more quickly if it comes under attack, but personally id recommend saving your money and not buying any of them.

A **** said:
You can ransom a lord, or keep him so that he does not make more armies. The longer you keep a lord, the higher the ransom offers will become, but the more chance of him escaping.

They are listed when you click on their tabs on the building screen. The chances of a lord imprisoned in a prison tower is 5% every two days, as opposed to the 50 when you're travelling with him as a prisoner, and 30 in a settlement without a prison tower.

Edit: P.S. I love your name by the way, may I request an autograph?

Or if you're trying to beat a faction into submission, just leave the lord there and go collect more. That's one less hostile army on the map (though it's not that big of a deal).

Swadius said:
A **** said:

They are listed when you click on their tabs on the building screen. The chances of a lord imprisoned in a prison tower is 5% every two days, as opposed to the 50 when you're travelling with him as a prisoner, and 30 in a settlement without a prison tower.

Edit: P.S. I love your name by the way, may I request an autograph?

Yes sir.

notevenTHE.jpg

That's not impressive.. You're not even THE ****.

I just sell the lords unless I'm trying to strip down their army.

And I'm unsure about the village upgrades, but I think they do.

greniph said:
Edit: A few more questions, I wanna siege a castle but i only have 30 - 40 people. How can i siege castles ? I tried asking the lords to follow me but they ask me to follow 'em instead  :shock:
You need to be enemy to the owner, then the option comes up when you click the castle, if you are vassal or mercenary, you are automatically enemy to your factions enemies.

Lords will only do your bidding if you become marshal for your kingdom.
greniph said:
Also, what do you guys do for money? I only do tournaments but they seem to get lesser and lesser cash. Buy/sell resources takes too long.
hunt sea raiders (selling loot in general)
sell slaves (equip companions and yourself with a blunt weapon and switch for easy fights)
"tax" caravans and enemy villages :smile:
and lose the tournament if your odds are not good enough, next time a tournament is in town you will be back at full pay.
greniph said:
Last! I read about some users that don't use mercenaries that they hire in tavern. Where else can they get their army ?
villages, you get recruits which become usefull after leveling up a bit, a much cheaper option
greniph said:
And I always get owned by enemy faction lords. I can only gang enemy lords when i join a winning ally lord.  :sad:
practise makes perfect, if you are badly outnumbered, you probably need an advantage in troop quality or tactics. The "tactics" skill is usefull too. If you try to tackle a 600 man party with your 30-40 guys, you will probably get owned. Remember allies gang up against enemies, so if you attack a lord and he has nearby allies, you attack them all at once.

The reverse is true too, if you have an ally nearby, he will help you out, provided your target is an enemy to him.

Muglebust covered most above, but to answer this:
greniph said:
, I wanna siege a castle but i only have 30 - 40 people. How can i siege castles ? I tried asking the lords to follow me but they ask me to follow 'em instead  :shock:
As already mentioned, it must be an enemy castle, not already under siege.
Sieging with help is difficult even if you're the Marshall, as Lords tend to bugger off when it suits them and it's rather random whether or not you'll have anyone around to help you when you assault. If you're not Marshall, they'll happily ignore you.
Winning sieges is like winning normal battles: you need superiority in numbers or quality or both Your character can count for a lot of troops if you (player and character!) are good enough and have good enough kit. Like normal battles, only more so -you need higher superiority. High Leadership and Renown is key to getting large armies, which is what you need if you want to fight wars.

Troop type is important, as is how you use them. Archers, infantry and cavalry work differently, and complement each other if used correctly. In a field battle, a simple combined arms tactic is to tell everyone to follow you and the order archers to stand on a hilltop, infantry to stand below them in close formation, and bring the cavalry around on a far flank. Wait until the enemy is close to your infantry, then tell your cavalry to charge. When they hit, tell the infantry to charge. Just an example. In sieges, there are different schools of thought preferring archers or heavy infantry. Both work.

For cash, prisoner-selling is the best and easiest income available. Blunt weapons give you prisoners, giving yourself and your Companions maces or hammers will let you rack up a nice profit. Note that there is a 'blunt only!' order, though that will mean heavy casualties as many troops will fight with fists alone.

All prisoners fetch the same price, so Looters are easy money. Sea Raiders give better loot, which gives more money. They are harder to beat though.

Good luck, have fun.

greniph said:
Edit: A few more questions, I wanna siege a castle but i only have 30 - 40 people. How can i siege castles ? I tried asking the lords to follow me but they ask me to follow 'em instead  :shock:

Last! I read about some users that don't use mecenaries that they hire in tavern. Where else can they get their army ?

Sieges are really difficult with that number of people, unless they're all top tier troops and you're a strong melee fighter with some good brawling companions. Frankly, my advice would be to get a bigger army.

i don't even think 60 people is enough. I already screwed myself up and only have Rhodoks as allies. Lol I'm basically doomed. :\

greniph said:
Edit: Raiding caravans and war don't get me much money  :sad: Is there any way besides buy/sell resource and the 2 options in front?
Increase your Trade and Looting skills. The first reduces buying costs and increases selling prices, the second gives you more and better loot.
Remember, if you are trading resources, to buy in one corner of the map and sell in the other. Buy in villages if you can, much cheaper there.

Villages and Caravans can be plundered or "taxed". The first takes more effort but gives more money. You get both options.

Sell slaves to ransom brokers. Beating up looters with blunt weapons is easy and good money.

Win battles. Gives you slaves and loot.

Ransom Lords if you capture them.

Win tournaments, remember to bet on yourself.

Get a fief and get free money every week.

Selling stuff, winning tournaments, selling slaves, ransoming Lords, plundering villages and caravans, taxing your own fief... how many ways to earn money do you need?

Trade and Looting are important, and Leadership reduces troop wages to save you some money.

greniph said:
i don't even think 60 people is enough. I already screwed myself up and only have Rhodoks as allies. Lol I'm basically doomed. :\

Yeah, don't think it's enough. Me, I usually bring at least 80. Try to make them top tier troops too. That may mean you have to go wipe out some bandits to train them all up first. Recruits and tribesmen will get chopped to little bitty pieces.

greniph said:
Edit: Raiding caravans and war don't get me much money  :sad: Is there any way besides buy/sell resource and the 2 options in front?
Well when you gain fief, you get taxes every 7 days (I think) then you can get prisoner managment skill and knock peep unconsicious with blunt weapon and sell them as slaves, oh and quests for example if you take from quild master quest to make peace with faction you are in and faction what you are war against you get 12k ^^

greniph said:
Edit: What are fiefs ?  :shock:
I'll not go into the definitions here... in this context, a fief is a village, castle or town that you own. If you are part of a faction, you get it from your King (if the King sends a messenger inviting you to become his vassal, you'll get a village when you swear your oath to him. If you are not part of a faction, you have to fight a one-man war to conquer territory.

Ty for replies :smile: More questions at first post. i did try using 'search' but can't get a definite answer.

Back
Top Bottom