Some new textures

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried Cataphracts' new textures, and like them alot. And having no experience with textures or editing images i decided to have a little fun and try something similar. Keep in mind that this is my first attempt at anything like this, and the most powerful image editing software i had at my disposal was microsoft paint :lol: Also, I have included a backup of the original files in the archive, so you don't need to worry about backing them up yourself (the ones titled oldtextures...if you couldn't guess). Just copy the contents of the "newtextures" folder into your M&B textures file, and overwrite the originals. Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://rapidshare.de/files/5567334/M_BTextures.rar.html

M%26BScreen1.JPG

M%26BScreen2.JPG

M%26BScreen3.JPG

nice grass and sea color
but the watter in game is a bit queer
but i like it and shall use it in one of my 5 installed mods

Their nice, im using them right now. Only problem is that it seems to always be nightime now on the world map due to the darkness of the textures.

Thats one reason i chose those textures. I always like it when games
have a...darker look to them. Makes them look better than if it's all sunny and bright IMO. Thanks for the feedback! Oh, and i was wondering, why do some textures come out all bluish when i convert from a jpeg to .dds format? I'm using DDS converter 2.

I like all those textures. The one inside the room looks a little out of place for a castle. I think the stones should be roughly square shaped. Otherwise the castle would not stand together.

Yeah, i see what you mean. I really liked that texture for some reason, but couldn't get the size/resolution right. Here's another one that i spent a while messing with. It needs a bit of work, but i think its better than the other wall texture as is. I'm in the process of waiting for email confirmation for a trial version of paintshop, so i'll work on them a bit more when i have something better than microsoft paint to work with.
http://rapidshare.de/files/5598964/brick_wall.dds.html

Back
Top Bottom