SP - General Some long-lasting (and fairly minor) problems

Users who are viewing this thread

mrtoads

Recruit
As I prepare to start yet another new game, I thought this would be a good time to dump some of the things that have been bothering me - none of which are all that serious, and probably have not been addressed because the game developers are busy with important stuff. Some of these appear to have been around for a while, and as of e1.4.0 continue to hang in there (for now).

The train troops quest continues to be a pain, as there are apparently several ways that you can get the resolution announcement, without any actual resolution. The Veteran Borrowed troops remain in your party and there seems to be no way to finish the quest properly. Oh, you can simply dump them all and fail the quest, but there seems to be no way to complete it. So far, I've had this result when all my Veteran Borrowed troops were wounded and all the Borrowed troops were killed at the same time, and also when I left a town after dropping my remaining Borrowed troops from the party. I've also had some of the other causes that have been mentioned in posts about this quest. Something is triggering the message, but not triggering the result, and then it won't finish as a success, although it can still be failed.

Also, the Veteran Borrowed troops (as well as the Empire Peasants) still have the 'Error: string_troop_type_name doesn't exist!' designation on the world map. Maybe an intern could be hired to go about correcting these little editing chores - like the 22.3 [unit] weight of the long padded robe, or the fact that a large bag of arrows has as many arrows as a regular bag, or the fact that towns in trouble aren't farming much for lack of hands to "sew" it (instead of "sow" it).
Also, too, splintered weapons seem to be identical to normal weapons (at least some of them, like arrows).

While I'm at it, my character gets a bit annoying, calling all the troop types "infantry" or "footmen". I mean, when I yell for my cavalry to charge by calling out "footmen!", surely that might be a bit confusing in a battle. Luckily, they seem to know who I;m referring to OK, but it's still irritating. I wonder if this is related to the way that all the troop types still default to I (infantry) every time you load a game?

I don't want to complain too much - the new quests and the new types of wandering NPCs are a good addition - I hope more of each are added!

aren't farming much for lack of hands to "sew" it (instead of "sow" it).
Don't forget the Battanian Picked Warrior (instead of Pict).

I mean, when I yell for my cavalry to charge by calling out "footmen!", surely that might be a bit confusing in a battle.
I believe this is to do with companions who are in the group causing the game to get confused. It might be the fact their athletics skill is higher than their riding skill, but they are riding a horse and in the cavalry group. Part of the game thinks they are infantry, and another part thinks they are cavalry. Because companions are more "important" than standard troops, they trump regular troops for defining what the group should be called (as far as the audio system is concerned anyway).

one minor thing that annoys me is that when you beat the leader of a bandit camp his followers doesn't surrender to you, they are not added to the prisoner screen and you find them in the map as a new group, so you have to fight them, this defeats the meaning of the duel.
Why I am supposed to duel the leader alone if his soldier doesn't surrender when he fall? If I loose then the bandits go away, thats ok, but what is the gain on my side if I win?
And why my men let them escape so easily? If they don't want to surrender I should have an option to fight them while in the camp scene, without the need to return to the map, and re-engage them

but what is the gain on my side if I win?
0.6 morale, which appears to be the minimum for an encounter. And is more than you'd get added on to the bandit hideout encounter by adding 4 dudes to it. So there is a benefit, however small. I agree it's silly and they should probably surrender. But if you lose, do your men surrender? It's been a while since I lost that fight without rage-reloading so I don't actually remember.

0.6 morale, which appears to be the minimum for an encounter. And is more than you'd get added on to the bandit hideout encounter by adding 4 dudes to it. So there is a benefit, however small. I agree it's silly and they should probably surrender. But if you lose, do your men surrender? It's been a while since I lost that fight without rage-reloading so I don't actually remember.

the conditions transpiring from the dialogues and the situtation are that if the leader win you let him and his men go, if the leader loose they should surrender

remember that the bandits are already almost defeated when the duel take place, with only the leader and a bunch of his henchmen remainig, you had already won, the duel is a way to give the leader an honourable chance to fight for his freedom

there would be no logical reason for the player to accept the duel if in case of defeat he get captured

Back
Top Bottom