SoD Version 5.0 Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azn_soul said:
yea lol, i do scene editing alot when im bored.

Here's the village of Aldelen i redesigned, by using the concepts of war and being trained in warfare and the concept of worshipping a god like figure.

In this scene i redesigned the village into a town or city which ever suits your description, with a cavalry training facility, a large keep, a giant temple, farmland, a large forge, Office and using the architectural design of Asianic city floor plans.
Aldelen.png

the scene im talking about that i wish to post is just random scenes that i literaly just randomly do, like the most recent is Grunwald Castle, im going to rebuild its structure on the bases of Marienburg castle. Im just asking if its alright if i post my screenies in your forums, due to the fact i do tend to use Sod items more since they are more flexible then native vanilla items. I can't wait for SOD 5.0 hehe more stuff more fun

Oh **** that looks awesome. Maybe it can be added in a future patch?

There's a diffrent thread explaining that there going to be a warband version. I believe sod b4 is going to be for mount n blade but will there be a future version for warband?

Zulhandro said:
There's a diffrent thread explaining that there going to be a warband version. I believe sod b4 is going to be for mount n blade but will there be a future version for warband?

I don't know if I fully understand your question; but the plan for the Warband Version is to try to fully port SOD V5 to Warband. It's very difficult to port the source over just how it exactly was in Mount & Blade, but most of the source is compatible with Warband Source with some modification. It'll take a while but I'm always solving issues and problems with the modifications I'm making.

Computica said:
Zulhandro said:

I don't know if I fully understand your question; but the plan for the Warband Version is to try to fully port SOD V5 to Warband. It's very difficult to port the source over just how it exactly was in Mount & Blade, but most of the source is compatible with Warband Source with some modification. It'll take a while but I'm always solving issues and problems with the modifications I'm making.

Also dont forget we have not completed SoD 5.0, there is still some coding.  The new mercenary guild quests are amazing and were adding in a secret quest your have to search the new scenes to find!

I'm sure Computica could use some dedicated testers to test each "new" feature added. 

Is it possible to get a status report? I'm most interested in the bug fixes most of all, and that seems to be what you're doing. i'm pretty much getting crashes non-stop since i upgraded to windows 7. just wondering if things are looking very close to what you depicted by christmas or still a long ways away? from all of the mods i've played, this is the only one that is up to my standards (minus the bugs, crashes, glitches).

on other mods and native, i don't get RGL errors, runtime c++ errors, or crashes of any kind. i am actually stuck on a good set of a bug on a current save game i have. my game crashes when i zoom in with shift. lol? lots of different crashes.

Things are like this right now:

- I finished writing texts for quests and Centurions/Legate.
- Cyclohexane is about finished with the new scenes for Mercenary Guilds (now the 'guildhouses' will be complete fortresses !); he even sent pictures to me, but forbid me from showing them off 'till the release. It will be a suprise...
- Kuba is busy coding.

So things are pretty much up to Kuba and Cyclohexane now. When they are done, testing will commence.

As for Windows 7: there were others who reported such issues, but on the other hand (as Cyclohexane pointed out in a different topic) there are many Windows 7 users who don't experience all that many issues at all. Cyclo presumes it has something to do with certain video cards, though we can't be sure.

Nevertheless, I suggest ALL players to check out the new "hidden" official patch (link below), it will make things more stable and also removes the annoying 32 troop type limit :wink:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,158030.0.html

Until the release and testing phase, there's not much else we can do. But I have great faith in Kuba's abilities, v5.0 will be definately more stable on all operation systems than v4.5 and its patches were.

ATTENTION, PLAYERS !

From this day forth let it be known that SOD v5.0 has entered Alpha Testing phase !

...which sadly does NOT yield you anything for the moment. But don't despair; cos' after Alpha comes Beta, which will be open !
The only question is: when ?

Stay vigilant, fans and supporters !

MorrisB said:
ATTENTION, PLAYERS !

From this day forth let it be known that SOD v5.0 has entered Alpha Testing phase !

...which sadly does NOT yield you anything for the moment. But don't despair; cos' after Alpha comes Beta, which will be open !
The only question is: when ?

Stay vigilant, fans and supporters !
The only answer is: soon!  :grin:

I wish I could be certain of that, dreadlord.

Cyclo and me are practically done with our respective parts in the project, only Kuba's part is left, which is the longest (coding/bug hunting/bug fixing). There may be some fields where Cyclo can help him, though.

As for me, I'm trying out the Alpha and try to see as many of the new features as I can, though I don't have much time for playing around because of university studies.

MorrisB said:
I wish I could be certain of that, dreadlord.

Cyclo and me are practically done with our respective parts in the project, only Kuba's part is left, which is the longest (coding/bug hunting/bug fixing). There may be some fields where Cyclo can help him, though.

As for me, I'm trying out the Alpha and try to see as many of the new features as I can, though I don't have much time for playing around because of university studies.

No worries!

As we all know, the meaning of the word "soon" is slightly different here.  :lol:

ATTENTION, PLAYERS !

Today Kuba confirmed via PM that there's only a single quest left to be added.
...and of course, testing/bug hunting...

But rest assured, now I can definately say this mod will come out sooner than Duke Nukem Forever.
Open testing phase is drawing close. So sharpen the swords, ready the bolts/arrows, grab the maces and pikes and start refreshing your murdering skills !

BetrayTheWorld said:
*wishes he knew how long it took to finish coding a single quest*
Less than 24 hours :smile:

ATTENTION, PLAYERS !

SoD 5.0 alpha 1 has just been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom