So, what is the best armor in this mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anders1985

Recruit
I would guess that Coat of plates whitch gives 80 to body armor is the best armor type.
Of course Lordly Coat of plates would then be better, but its the same type of armor.
Anyways, a friend of mine said he have seen something called crusader armor (?) in the city of Damascus, twice.
This armor (my friend says) surpases any other armor type in the Anno Domini 1257 mod, according to him.

Any feedback on this?

Well, tbh I dont care how good the armor is, I go by the costumes of the troops im commanding, sine I go around the world picking up local troops and mercenaries and cheating them into a normal army, I tend to look like my troops, so if im a mercenary for the marinids, im just wearing a turban and a leather jawshan :grin:

If I understand the 1257 AD right it should maximum of historical correctness. So what kind of "crusader armour" is it? From what time is it? How it looks?
I don't know many things about this period...just the little and sometime false things you can see in films  :mrgreen: But I think in this time the mod takes place chain mails or plated mails and equal things was best defence systems. (because the heat isn't simulated we don't have to care about it when we rate them^^)
The big plated mails we all should know out of films about knights came up in the following centuries. (but please, if you can tell me I'm lying :wink: )

Maybe he meant that Teutonic armor, which I think has something like 74 body armour and 33 leg armor, unmodified. The big boss of Ordo Teutonicus, Burkhard von Hornhausen Grandmaster of Livonia (if I recall his name and title correctly) wears it for instance.

Numbers people, numbers, please post something relevant.
The armor which gives the biggest number to body armor as I know it is Coat of plates, which gives 80 to body armor.
Now, Im looking away from gloves of any sort as an addition to body armor, or the reinforced or lordly versions of the same type.

IS THERE ANY ARMOR THAT AS A STANDARD VERISON, HAVE A HIGHER NUMBER TO BODY ARMOR THAN THE "COAT OF PLATES" WHICH GIVES 80?

OK, HERE YOU GO:

COAT OF PLATES (ALL OF THEM):

BODY ARMOR: 80
LEG ARMOR: 29
STRENGTH REQ.: 19
WEIGHT: 36.0
COST: 17821

PLATED MAIL WITH SURCOAT (TEUTONIC HOCHMEISTER SURCOAT):

BODY ARMOR: 74
LEG ARMOR: 33
STRENGTH REQ.: 9
WEIGHT: 25.0
COST: 17173

EDIT:
THE COAT OF PLATES GIVES BETTER PROTECTION BUT THE PLATED MAIL IS MUCH LIGHTER, WHICH I WOULD PREFER BECAUSE I TEND TO FIGHT WITH A LIGHT FOOT. THE PLATED MAIL IS EVEN LIGHTER THAN A MAIL SHIRT (BODY ARMOR 41; LEG ARMOR 17; WEIGHT 26.0) BUT HAS FAR SUPERIOR PROTECTION VALUES.

Edit2:
I almost forgot about that there is also a bishop armor which has the same stats as the coat of plates. I think all bishops wear it such as the Archbishop of Canterbury and others.

rather than let him look to list on the global map click ctrl + ~ \ input "cheatmenu" \ enter \ camp menu \ cheat menu \ find the item \. there are things that are in the game

I believe there is also byzantine armor which have value of 74. Coat of plates is better of course but just pointing out.

Lazyman said:
Well, tbh I dont care how good the armor is, I go by the costumes of the troops im commanding, sine I go around the world picking up local troops and mercenaries and cheating them into a normal army, I tend to look like my troops, so if im a mercenary for the marinids, im just wearing a turban and a leather jawshan :grin:

Whoa, I'm sorry if this's a little off-topic, but by mentioned cheating mercenaries into a normal army, do you mean you make their wage equal cost equal to nomal soldier ?

If yes then, please tell me how could you do that. Did you changed the unit type ? Or did you lowered their level ?

Or you could control their wage freely ?  :grin:

I would like to maintain my career as mercenary, and make my "knight errant" have the same wage as "Knight" while they could still be "knight errant".

Ok, I have looked throu the "item_kinds1" document in the modfolder, and according to what I got out of it;

"Coat of Plates"

With 80 as standard body armor, is the strongest armor.
The thing that get closest gives 74 to body armor as standard and is called:

"Plated Mail with Surcoat"

EVERYTHING ELSE and its dog after that armor, gives 64 to body armor or less (YES EVERYTHING AFTER THAT), end of story.

Anders1985 said:
EVERYTHING ELSE and its dog after that armor, gives 64 to body armor or less (YES EVERYTHING AFTER THAT), end of story.

No, that's not right. Again, there is the so-called bishop armor which has exactly the same protection values as the coat of plates. It's at the far end of the items list, item no. 1041 I think it was, if you may want to look it up.

MariusThePaladin said:
Lazyman said:

Whoa, I'm sorry if this's a little off-topic, but by mentioned cheating mercenaries into a normal army, do you mean you make their wage equal cost equal to nomal soldier ?

If yes then, please tell me how could you do that. Did you changed the unit type ? Or did you lowered their level ?

Or you could control their wage freely ?  :grin:

I would like to maintain my career as mercenary, and make my "knight errant" have the same wage as "Knight" while they could still be "knight errant".

Sorry mate nothing like that I just give my troops experience so I have a normal army like most of the lords and travel about picking up mercenaries, I play with unlimited money anyways so its not a problem. Hey, however you have fun is fine :grin:

Yes, coat of plates and bishop is the best body armour. I'm wondering what the best armour for other slots is though? I've been using winged helmet, mail gauntlets and mail boots. Are there better items for these slots?

(Is posting in a topic older than 182 days a bad thing? If so then why?)

KiriKaneko said:
Yes, coat of plates and bishop is the best body armour. I'm wondering what the best armour for other slots is though? I've been using winged helmet, mail gauntlets and mail boots. Are there better items for these slots?

(Is posting in a topic older than 182 days a bad thing? If so then why?)

The best boots I have found are, Hardened Mongolian boots. +36 Def.

Back
Top Bottom