Sneak Peeks

Users who are viewing this thread

I enjoy the fast, high damage knives already in the mod. I like being a battlefield assassin, dressing in dark clothes, hiding in bushes, sneaking up behind people and stabing them in the back with my knife. :grin: its alot of fun. So I would be glad of more knives.

NightHawkreal said:
If one of them will turn - you're dead. We still have a action, not stealth.

PS I think the knife would have been useful if it could pull out faster than a sabre.
Like I say, fast and dangerous.  :twisted:

Now we're talkin'!

Though I would consider little bit of the blocking ability.

If there's no block using knives, knive-fights will likely turn to random swinging, when everyone tries to land a hit without hope to block the incoming one.
Parrying with a dagger IRL is possible and leaving it in-game with chamber-block only just feels wrong.

Don't know did you catch my point and I might be wrong in any aspect but that's what I usually do IRL :smile:)

EDIT: Sorry, realized this is kinda off-topic.
EDIT++: Sigh...  :roll:

Simply switching them into ranged by the press of weapon mode selector is absolutely fine and intuitive as is with any other weapon. Making a knife remotely throwable does require turning it 180° anyway. And there's already precious coding and programming time wasted on the *** damn **** nonsense concerning warband and WSE versions left and right.

A knife ought never ever be able to block, no matter how much you wish that such a thing should make sense on our side of the universe. Heck, it's even quite the stretch of imagination that you'd do the same with a sword, axe or anything like it. Magically being able to, with the combined and collected momentum behind the weight, speed and force of either swing or thrust, and subsequently outright block and simply stop any of the such coming hurling it's way against you, is at best seriously questionable in demonstrating armed combat in practice. The current martial engine really is two-dimensional when you start to look at it, so please let us do what we can to compensate for this blatantly unrealistic structure.

:lol:

Anything new, chaps? What are you planning to do with archery, throwing weapons and general weapon damage shifts? We played some last night, t'was most infuriating to be hit by spam-javs and to then fight off against horse archers - as musketeers, it's almost an impossible task. Weapons such as the halberd seem to do minimal damage.

Jav's and bow's must by slower, not slow like musket, but slower. I must test this. When I play 2 day's ago, and see what doing horse archer's... It's mistake...

Finally. You did not try to play more often, to know what is going on?  :smile:

I still think the best option is increasing the rate of all shooters. If the archer need one more arrow to kill an enemy, it will not change the result. Or a shot from ten feet instead of twelve. At least give the Swedes throwing knives.

A surprise shot with the left hand would be a great gift for a "centaur". :smile:

I still think new reload animations, explosives like powder kegs and destroyable walls would be nice - not because NW have it, but because it's a good feature. Especially for siege mode.

Back
Top Bottom