Smithing is so broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Zylbar

Recruit
It forgets the smithing parts that i learned. WTF. How could you release this new "feature" of learning smithing parts, and yet is so broken.

only-game.gif

Its been reported several times already in the correct place, no worries it will be fixed soon. Also you are playing the beta version before its first hotfix so you are gonna run into lots of bugs, don't be surprised you are testing the game. If you dont want major bugs play the live version.

I remember Duh said beta branch still requires a certain level of quality before its published, i wonder how this problem got past internal testing... all they had to do was close and open the game once

Whole smithing mechanic must get removed from the game, period. Enough of all this precious time and development energy wasted for this smithery bullcrap

I remember Duh said beta branch still requires a certain level of quality before its published, i wonder how this problem got past internal testing... all they had to do was close and open the game once
Yes. For many people smithing is the basis of their kingdom's economy. Its amazing this wasn't checked or spotted as an error.

It really isn't amazing seeing something like this in the BETA version, stable version yes beta no. It will get fixed by the time is rolls out to stable.

It really isn't amazing seeing something like this in the BETA version, stable version yes beta no. It will get fixed by the time is rolls out to stable.
It's still discouraging, this isn't some small little tweak. It's a significant change to a core gameplay component. There's basically three scenarios:

1. Developer changed the code/parameters and left it to QA to verify entirely. QA saw parts unlocked while smithing, called it a day, didn't even re-load save once. Granted yes in a game like this, there's possibly a million way to test things. But verifying save integrity should be like one of the foremost. Reloading frequently should be common in testing too, unless they are trying to marathon something.
2. Maybe was found by QA, but won't be patched til later.
3. Developer went changed something at the last minute, and didn't understand full impact or simply forgot some code somewhere.

But as I understand it, there is an internal alpha stage for patches (biggest reason for large time gaps between patches), so really something like this should be caught. So either QA is lacking or for some reason it's a slightly complicated/lengthy fix. Or a developer did some hasty last minute thing.

IDK after two years it seems to me there are some real problems with the development process. My biggest suspicion is there aren't enough QA testers, that would be fairly plausible since TW isn't exactly a major studio/publisher. Although that makes the whole Early Access all the more scummy, since we're basically being used as QA (and we paid to do it LOL). That or there's a serious "wall" between Devs and QA which prevents actual communication.

The bugs I expect to encounter are stupid little ones (like you buy a particular helmet from a particular Town; and it crashes the game). Things that even the best, largest, QA teams couldn't realistically weed out. Ideally that's what Betas are for.

Smithing is just a terrible concept. You have to spend a lot of time and effort just to build a beautiful sword that you'll realistically never use and even when you do get to use it, the improvement in stats are totally inconsequential.

Also, what relevance does it have to the game? I've said it, and I'll say it again. No cohesion. The whole game is a hodgepodge of poorly thought out systems that have been poorly implemented.

A better smithing system would have included the ability to customise your troops or create new units like POP.

Whole smithing mechanic must get removed from the game, period. Enough of all this precious time and development energy wasted for this smithery bullcrap
Hard disagree. Smithing is one of the only things to do in the game besides fighting and trading, i think it's awesome crafting your own huge swords.

Smithing is just a terrible concept. You have to spend a lot of time and effort just to build a beautiful sword that you'll realistically never use and even when you do get to use it, the improvement in stats are totally inconsequential.

To be fair there are some pretty funny weapon builds you can make, like a hammer that takes 10 seconds to swing and hardly does any damage, or a knife that swings too fast to be blocked. But these meme weapons are mostly useless gimmicks, and they take forever to find because of how unintuitive the system is, and how many items there are.

Also, what relevance does it have to the game? I've said it, and I'll say it again. No cohesion. The whole game is a hodgepodge of poorly thought out systems that have been poorly implemented.

Completely agree. The smithing especially feels like you're loading up a separate game entirely.

The smithing is a good addition IMHO simply because customization is always welcome regarding role play. M&B is sort of a RPG, all build around battles and fighting system. However it's a roleplay game that lacke role play choices. If you burn out of Bannerlord I recommend Wartales for a breath of fresh air and come back when the bugs will be ironed out.

The fact is that a normal company would realise they broke smithing with the last patch and say "Oh **** ! we just crippled the the main income source for tonnes of our players!" .. And they would push out a small but essential hotfix within 24 hours.

But this is Taleworlds.... so we will be lucky to get one within weeks... or even one month plus.

The fact is that a normal company would realise they broke smithing with the last patch and say "Oh **** ! we just crippled the the main income source for tonnes of our players!" .. And they would push out a small but essential hotfix within 24 hours.

But this is Taleworlds.... so we will be lucky to get a fix within weeks... or even one month plus.
If you dont like broken things like this - just dont accept betas in steam and play main patch. If you installed a beta version - you are not player any more, you are beta tester

Thats why there is a choise to play beta or main patch....

If you dont like broken things like this - just dont accept betas in steam and play main patch. If you installed a beta version - you are not player any more, you are beta tester

Thats why there is a choise to play beta or main patch....
Oh really ? I never realised that! Thank you so much!

I expect broken things... but if the bugs TW introduce are actually game-breaking for many people then I also expect them to be fixed within a normal time frame.

And I just don't trust TW to do that any more.

Which is what I was saying in my post.

Last edited:
Oh really ? I never realised that! Thank you so much!

I expect broken things... but if the bugs TW introduce are actually game-breaking for many people then I also expect them to be fixed within a normal time frame.

And I just don't trust TW to do that any more.

Which is what I was saying in my post.
Again:
In beta version of the game they can break whatewer they want and fix it as fast as they want. That is their playground, your playground is main patch.

Back
Top Bottom