Smithing easy steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't know if anyone has made a tip like this before but oh well.

When you learn to make 2h axes and javelins, push all your crafting on those two, they give you 3-5 smithing points and 2-3 schematics, sometimes even more, really easy way to learn smithing and to be able to craft your sexy sword or axe, or tbh whatever you want to make in the end. (Oh and also use a companion for refining and smelting, perhaps use one to refine and one to smelt, and you focus on smithing, get creative)

Only thing is it's kind of economy breaking as you can sell the axes for 15k+ and if you have a T4 javelin head you can sell it from 70-111k.

That's all folks.

Yeah but when you have 3 smiths in your party like ( 2 companions and me ) it means you dont have 2 caravans ( at tier 3 if you have the max amount of parties ) , which means your income can be -1000 denars for long periods until you get enough smithing stamina to craft something but if the city has only 25-30k it doesnt matter if your 2haxe or javelin is worth 100k :smile:

Personally i would like smithing to be finetuned but not nerfed too hard, which is not what you advocate of course but i am just concerned about how they will change this, i love the smithing in this game, it is really great to be able to craft your weapon from all these different parts and to specialize to make a living from it.

If they reduce prices of 2 handed weapons and javs , they need to increase how fast you get smithing stamina perhaps.

but if the city has only 25-30k it doesnt matter if your 2haxe or javelin is worth 100k :smile:

If they reduce prices of 2 handed weapons and javs , they need to increase how fast you get smithing stamina perhaps.

It does, because if they have 30k they owe you 70k, that's 70k of resources or high tier swords you can buy and smelt, or just sell in the next town ^^

You can also set one companions perks to faster unlocking parts instead of more detailed refining and make him/her do some forging/refining/smelting as she will unlock the parts faster for you.

Overall, raising smithing is really easy in this game. Too easy maybe.
It does, because if they have 30k they owe you 70k, that's 70k of resources or high tier swords you can buy and smelt, or just sell in the next town ^^
Yup. That's what I do. Buying off weapons and smelting them for materials while I still keep all the money the town had :grin:

Smithing stamina should be refillable while you move around the map

" Smithing stamina should be refillable while you move around the map "

+1 even, at a little slower rate than being in a town if they want.
Actualy, staying and doing nothing than waiting is not very fun :grin:
That could help chase for looters/Bandits to loot stuff to use to smith when the stamina is replenishing.

Smithing stamina should be refillable while you move around the map
This frustrated me so much that I eventually just modded it out altogether. The way it's currently implemented is just not fun at all.

My favorite item to level smithing is two handed swords. There's a tier 4 falchion blade, handguard & pommel that can be crafted using wrought iron from memory. This is great as it uses a common material and yet is high in crafting difficulty. As an added bonus it's high in damage, so sells well, but this can get a little cheesy.

I'm really frustrated with Smithing. It just seems so uneven: in one playthrough, I unlocked 2-h parts really early and raised my skill very easily and fast; in another, I was grinding and grinding and 2-h parts never unlocked (at least not before I quit). So in yet a third playthough, I decided to just get a companion with Smithing and deal with it that way. None spawned.

I guess if I were playing one long playthrough, it wouldn't bother me as much, since I'd have lots of time to raise all my skills. While the game is in EA, I'd decided to play a bunch of shorter playthroughs, just to feel out the various factions and game features, so I feel the effect of grindy skills like Smithing more. Plus, 2-h swords seem to be pretty rare and expensive in the game, so I'd hoped to craft some for one particular character, but that was the character I really struggled to raise my Smithing skill with.

I wish they'd make it so that parts spawn in some kind of logical order, the lower-levels first and the higher levels later. At least that way, you're working toward a goal, not to mention it'd make the game less broken, especially if you don't want to have to buy out a town's entire inventory of weapons just to sell one polearm.

Indeed you are absolutely right, the only thing is that you sell it for half price ( more or less , but you still get back a lot of money ) what you bought so you never really recover the full amount of your smithed item quickly while your income is highly negative like minus 1000s.

I am doing that but since i had no caravans ( cause i used those companions as blacksmiths to smelt for me instead of caravan duty so i can produce more in one go ), just 3 workshops in 1.4.2 , I had like 30k in bank but everyday i was losing 1.3k so i had to destroy as many armies as possible to sell the loot so i could survive until my party gets its smithing stamina back but it takes a long time.

What saved me is the income my other party was raising so i could have enough breather.

Back
Top Bottom