Smartphone recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

They're not video files, they're just .mp3 audio files. And when I dug through the folders and found them (in "Audio - [artist] - Download"), they would play. It's just that Google Play won't list them within its app, so there's no way to play them without going through the folders and finding the .mp3 file.

Download jdownloader.  You can go to their website directly or ninite.com.  Just by copying the youtube page the software will identify the audio and videos so you can download the audio as an mp3 or the video as mp4.  Simple matter of confirming what you want.  You can get anything off youtube and copy it to your phone later.

I guess it was Google Play being a *****. I downloaded a new music player app called Musicolet, which I saw recommended on Reddit. It found the files without me having to do anything, and it seems more user-friendly than Google Play, too. I think I'm getting a good system going here. I can watch stuff with YouTube Vanced, my preferred YT app, then when I tap the share button I get an option to download the video as mp3 or mp4 with Videoder. I can do that without having to open Videoder or copy a link or anything like that. Once it's downloaded I can play it with Musicolet. Now I just need to figure out how to set up some playlists to organize what I've downloaded, and download some more music. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom