slight pauses during battles in single player only with blood decals on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Shakypuddin

Recruit
I am having problems with slight pauses in gameplay when I am attacking the enemy or other AI is attacking in single player.  The problem existed for me with v1.127 but has significantly increased with v1.131. 

The problem has something to do with blood stains/decals.  If they are set to "on" or "near player only" I get stutters but if I turn them completely off the game plays smoothly. 

I have tried turning instancing off in the video settings and have also tried raising the render_buffer_size in rglconfig to no avail.

The odd thing is multiplayer plays completely smooth even on 50 player servers and blood decals turned on.  So the problem only exists in singleplayer.

Anyone have any other suggestions besides playing with blood decals turned off???????

Here are my specs:
Athlon 4400
8800GTS640
4G RAM
FRESH copy of warband v1.131 installed
Hard drive defraged
Paging file locked at 6144

I have the same stuttering issue when fighting, didn't connect it with blood decals but it seems you're right... when they're off it doesn't happen. Odd.

I have the exact same problem (version 1.127).
Every time the game draws blood stains, it stop to think for a bit.
Still no fix yet...
Here is the bug post

http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2687

Hey i joined these forums so i could post in here also to say i have the EXACT same problem  :cry:

I sort of need the blood  :twisted: (not in a twisted way just gives the game a more realistic feel) but it stutters like you guys when i use it.. ANYone any ideas?

Specs:
Fresh copy 1.127
Fresh Defrag
AMD 64 X2 Dual 4800+ 2.75ghz
4gb Ram
nVidia 9600GT 512mb

And if anyone can suggest what i should put my render_buffer_size to that would be super! its set at 15 at the moment. Cheers!

OrdeaL said:
Hey i joined these forums so i could post in here also to say i have the EXACT same problem  :cry:

I sort of need the blood  :twisted: (not in a twisted way just gives the game a more realistic feel) but it stutters like you guys when i use it.. ANYone any ideas?

Specs:
Fresh copy 1.127
Fresh Defrag
AMD 64 X2 Dual 4800+ 2.75ghz
4gb Ram
nVidia 9600GT 512mb

And if anyone can suggest what i should put my render_buffer_size to that would be super! its set at 15 at the moment. Cheers!

Hi Ordeal,

I read in another thread that render_buffer_size should be equal to half the memory of your video card to help with stuttering problems.

I have an 8880GTS(640M) so I set it to 320.  It made absolutely no difference whatsoever though :???:

Makes no difference for me either. Plus, seems I spoke too soon and turning blood off doesn't actually fix it entirely, although it is worse with it on. It's very annoying getting hit because the game is stuttering.

Looking around, apparently not everyone experience this issue.
So I think there might be something that we can do about it (change Nvidia's settings, etc).
Then again, the blood issue doesn't exist in custom battles. I can turn on blood stains to FULL and no stutter whatsoever.
So I'm quite lost here..

Yea im so confused to but some times in a huge battle it stutters to hell so i press esc turn blood to off and that mostly fixes it! I also tried using all sorts of settings for render_buffer_size as recommended in these forums i dont notice a difference at all so i leave it at 15 now lol

Back
Top Bottom