Skirmish Skill based matchmaking?

Users who are viewing this thread

In this game, the biggest mistake is not being able to complete the ranked match at the beginning. Rank-based matching is an essential feature of skirmish and captain modes. I believe the end goal of this game is to make it become a competitive game like Dota2 or Csgo. But unfortunately, they did not consider adding ranked matches at the beginning of the game or within the first half-year of its release, so 1.5 years later they are still unable to do so.

After spending a lot of time reworking the UI system, I found that it is getting worse except for the new scoring system. The new badges look disgusting and the scale is horrible (too small and I can't see them).

Here I want to discuss why Ranked Matching is critical for 6v6 game modes:

1. Without a proper matching-making system, new players don't have an opportunity to learn how to play this game and they will be destroyed easily by a good player. ( player base decreases!)

2. Due to the constant presence of new players on their teams, old players (from CRPGs or WBs) may not want to play. As they do not feel fair and the team is not balanced, they will lose interest to keep playing this game. ( player base decreases again!)

3. Bugs. Your guys(@NIN3 @AVRC) need to do more testing before releasing the patch. I understand it may be hard to do thorough testing however, you should not make your customers suffer.

I have more points, but I think those are enough to catch your attention. You should reevaluate your priorities and have meetings to discuss this.

Finally, I have some suggestions to help you guys succeed in the future.
1. Have a meeting with your boss/ investors/ supervisors to discuss the scope and end goals of the multiplayer mode

2. Reassess the market potential for multiplayer. Commit more resources to multiplayer development.

3. Hire more professional developers/engineers! You can't make a great game with people who lack skills.

Last but not least, the customization system is great. I am willing to buy skins using real money, but I don't have time to earn loots. Could you please add another method to purchase skins?

In this game, the biggest mistake is not being able to complete the ranked match at the beginning. Rank-based matching is an essential feature of skirmish and captain modes. I believe the end goal of this game is to make it become a competitive game like Dota2 or Csgo. But unfortunately, they did not consider adding ranked matches at the beginning of the game or within the first half-year of its release, so 1.5 years later they are still unable to do so.

After spending a lot of time reworking the UI system, I found that it is getting worse except for the new scoring system. The new badges look disgusting and the scale is horrible (too small and I can't see them).

Here I want to discuss why Ranked Matching is critical for 6v6 game modes:

1. Without a proper matching-making system, new players don't have an opportunity to learn how to play this game and they will be destroyed easily by a good player. ( player base decreases!)

2. Due to the constant presence of new players on their teams, old players (from CRPGs or WBs) may not want to play. As they do not feel fair and the team is not balanced, they will lose interest to keep playing this game. ( player base decreases again!)

3. Bugs. Your guys(@NIN3 @AVRC) need to do more testing before releasing the patch. I understand it may be hard to do thorough testing however, you should not make your customers suffer.

I have more points, but I think those are enough to catch your attention. You should reevaluate your priorities and have meetings to discuss this.

Finally, I have some suggestions to help you guys succeed in the future.
1. Have a meeting with your boss/ investors/ supervisors to discuss the scope and end goals of the multiplayer mode

2. Reassess the market potential for multiplayer. Commit more resources to multiplayer development.

3. Hire more professional developers/engineers! You can't make a great game with people who lack skills.

Last but not least, the customization system is great. I am willing to buy skins using real money, but I don't have time to earn loots. Could you please add another method to purchase skins?
no

1. Custom servers are a mix of both good and bad players, mostly bad players. It's literally giving players the chance to kill people, but at the same learn things from more experienced players when they eventually have to face them and die.

2. Some sweats must point this out, but I am fairly confident sweat people are not leaving the game because of too many bad players, they are leaving because of the lack of players and progress in general. They even sometimes remove completely good stuff and go 10 steps back. (No deaths, no losses for example)

Absolutely terrible system that should be put in the trash. You're asking for micros simply shows how terrible this system is, you say it's great yet want a way to not use the customization system and just skip the loot part. See how that doesn't make sense?

1. Custom servers are a mix of both good and bad players, mostly bad players. It's literally giving players the chance to kill people, but at the same learn things from more experienced players when they eventually have to face them and die.
It's still unclear to you why they don't want to have custom servers.

2. Some sweats must point this out, but I am fairly confident sweat people are not leaving the game because of too many bad players, they are leaving because of the lack of players and progress in general. They even sometimes remove completely good stuff and go 10 steps back. (No deaths, no losses for example)
I did not say they were leaving. I said they lost interest in playing. This means they will not play as often because the matching system is terrible and TDM and Siege don't even have team fights.
Absolutely terrible system that should be put in the trash. You're asking for micros simply shows how terrible this system is, you say it's great yet want a way to not use the customization system and just skip the loot part. See how that doesn't make sense?
My point here is they can actually generate income from the multiplayer side. Without money, who will be motivated to improve this game? Imagine they have spent eight years developing this game and now some people(who only paid 60 bucks) ask them to release the files so they can play with their own rules? NO WAY

To me, this still feels like a prototype. Multiplayer work looks like it was done by several interns, and the team lacks professionalism(mainly documentation) and motivation, especially on the multiplayer UI and server development. I assume this is just the way things are at this company. We are not employees of this company, and we have no idea what is going on.

Last edited:
My point here is they can actually generate income from the multiplayer side. Without money, who will be motivated to improve this game? Imagine they have spent eight years developing this game and now some people(who only paid 60 bucks) ask them to release the files so they can play with their own rules? NO WAY

To me, this still feels like a prototype. Multiplayer work looks like it was done by several interns, and the team lacks professionalism(mainly documentation) and motivation, especially on the multiplayer UI and server development. I assume this is just the way things are at this company. We are not employees of this company, and we have no idea what is going on.
I feel like you have not played warband multiplayer.

You don't need to worry about taleworlds making money, you're not their accountant, you're a consumer. That's the end of it.

You don't need MTX or other garbage to make an income out of multiplayer, you literally have an ARMY of modders and people willing to spend their money and time on the multiplayer to make it more appealing for free.

Why would TW hate people making their own rules? This is a weird statement if you played any mount and blade multiplayer.

I feel like you have not played warband multiplayer.

You don't need to worry about taleworlds making money, you're not their accountant, you're a consumer. That's the end of it.

You don't need MTX or other garbage to make an income out of multiplayer, you literally have an ARMY of modders and people willing to spend their money and time on the multiplayer to make it more appealing for free.

Why would TW hate people making their own rules? This is a weird statement if you played any mount and blade multiplayer.
I've played CRPG since 2012, and they ended up making their own game and failed. My point here is without substantial income the game can not grow healthy. FYI:

Please stop replying to me as I am not interested in discussing this further.

Last edited:
My point here is without substantial income the game can not grow healthy.
1111.jpg

I am sure they made no sales at release.

Please stop replying to me as I am not interested in discussing this further.
Not how it works, I can reply, it's your choice to stop replying to my replies to your replies :smile:

I paid 60 bucks for a game that I expect to be a pretty good, non-buggy, non-glitchy state. They have made millions of dollars off of the game that they sold at a triple A title price. If you treat consumers like trash by not fixing the **** that you sold them, they will never buy from you again and your reputation is ruined. They have money, they should be motivated already. They aren't getting one more dime out of me until they fix the game they advertised and sold to me.

Same mentality as singleplayer people saying multiplayer is a waste of resource since it's a SP game.
Well it's not about mentality, it's about facts to take into consideration. 99% are onto singleplayer whether we like it or not, so TW will concentrate their effort on SP. It literally is a waste of resources if only 50 dedicated people play...

They need to finish SP solid, roll it out, announce semi-cosmetic Samurai/India/China DLC and then work fulltime on MP while financing the process with SP DLC's.

Well it's not about mentality, it's about facts to take into consideration. 99% are onto singleplayer whether we like it or not, so TW will concentrate their effort on SP. It literally is a waste of resources if only 50 dedicated people play...

They need to finish SP solid, roll it out, announce semi-cosmetic Samurai/India/China DLC and then work fulltime on MP while financing the process with SP DLC's.

Your solution to multiplayer being unpopular: do less. Perfect way of thinking

No, they don't need DLC to finish multiplayer. They need to deliver a finished product from the sales they got when the game released in EA.

The insane accountant genius you people always seem to be is fascinating.

MP has/had the potential to make up a bigger share of the player pool if it was better. It should be a win/win, we get a better MP part and TW gets more buyers.

I paid 60 bucks for a game that I expect to be a pretty good, non-buggy, non-glitchy state. They have made millions of dollars off of the game that they sold at a triple A title price. If you treat consumers like trash by not fixing the **** that you sold them, they will never buy from you again and your reputation is ruined. They have money, they should be motivated already. They aren't getting one more dime out of me until they fix the game they advertised and sold to me.
This is not true at all. One of the most predominant factors for the success of larger franchises such as EA can be for a large part attributed to the foolishness of us as consumers. Although the Battlefield series for example has been changelessly disappointing, the foolish continue to purchase and support the franchise, thereby entirely submitting to very low standards that have been employed over the last few years (perhaps nearly decade). I consider myself to be someone with higher expectations and standards than the gross of the community and if you do too, then we both suffer from the overall level of ignorance that prevails among consumers in totality. In simple terms, we as consumers are way too tolerant when it comes to game developers and I do not see anything significant changing any time soon.

It would be erroneous to deem ourselves foolish by taking the risk to purchase BL, considering that Warband was/is viewed by many a great success. It is only when the majority of consumers finally validate (through evident action) that how a firm is going about its business is lacking that things will change for the better.

Survivor bias.
ppl bought the game, they will try both SP and MP anyway. the reason ppl only play SP is the MP basically trash. SP is not perfect but it's just ok.

We all know devs have no experience with MP. When devs say "Let's try it out", We were just repeating what we have already done 10 years ago. Then failed. of course, TW/Modders has tried them 10 years ago.
That makes things very clear, they are new to Mount and Blade.

What devs need to spend on MP is simply nothing. Mods will be saviour.

This is not true at all. One of the most predominant factors for the success of larger franchises such as EA can be for a large part attributed to the foolishness of us as consumers. Although the Battlefield series for example has been changelessly disappointing, the foolish continue to purchase and support the franchise, thereby entirely submitting to very low standards that have been employed over the last few years (perhaps nearly decade). I consider myself to be someone with higher expectations and standards than the gross of the community and if you do too, then we both suffer from the overall level of ignorance that prevails among consumers in totality. In simple terms, we as consumers are way too tolerant when it comes to game developers and I do not see anything significant changing any time soon.

It would be erroneous to deem ourselves foolish by taking the risk to purchase BL, considering that Warband was/is viewed by many a great success. It is only when the majority of consumers finally validate (through evident action) that how a firm is going about its business is lacking that things will change for the better.
Never pre order a game, it's as simple as that.

Never pre order a game, it's as simple as that.
It's not that simple really. As I stated previously it is not out of the ordinary for even well known franchises to unrelentingly not come up to scratch. Contrarily, there is the possibility of missing the boat in terms of being part of a more gratifying development process.

It's not that simple really. As I stated previously it is not out of the ordinary for even well known franchises to unrelentingly not come up to scratch. Contrarily, there is the possibility of missing the boat in terms of being part of a more gratifying development process.
It really is though. I went fully into early access knowing multiplayer progress would be terrible in terms of progress and ideas.

Anyone who has played during the beta knew fully well the game on the multiplayer side was going to be terrible. As for missing a boat on gratifying development, that's very subjective. Most people don't care about the development process.

Asseverating to prepensely purchase a game negligent of the as you claim foreseen disconcerting development cycle merely symbolizes a willingness to take risks, one that the gross of the buyers has supposedly not been well informed of (be it assignable to personal or TW firm related factors). Reasonably I have heard numerous people attest they knew what the development cycle would be like, but what convincing evidence do they really have? I would ask you to point this out, but you are unable to, proving the point made.

Last edited:
Asseverating to prepensely purchase a game negligent of the as you claim foreseen disconcerting development cycle merely symbolizes a willingness to take risks, one that the gross of the buyers has supposedly not been well informed of (be it assignable to personal or TW firm related factors). Reasonably I have heard numerous people attest they knew what the development cycle would be like, but what convincing evidence do they really have? I would ask you to point this out, but you are unable to, proving the point made.
I already told you the evidence existed in the form of the beta. We knew that the multiplayer was neglected for the most part and went willingly in it.
It's not foolishness if you knew what you were getting yourself into. You also have to take into consideration this is Taleworlds new game release in over 10 years.

If you're talking singleplayer its a whole different story, but this isn't what people in this section are for are they?

Back
Top Bottom