#SK# --The Kingdom in the Shadow-- a ROCK-based competitive clan

Users who are viewing this thread

Duke_Kenneth

Sergeant
#SK#
20.png

The Kingdom in the Shadow
A 'Rise of Clans and Kings' Competitive Squad​

The Kingdom in the Shadow (#SK#) is a competitive team formed from mostly members of the West Knights (wK) for the purposes of competing in The Rise of Clans and Kings Multiplayer Campaign (ROCK). It should be considered a parallel clan to wK as duel membership is common and encouraged (although not required). In fact, our banner pays tribute to our ties with wK, being a simple recoloring of the golden wK sunset. However, it has it's own leadership structure and bylaws, and hold its own practices. As ROCK is a persistent campaign, losses and deaths effect the clan beyond an individual scrim. That, and the fact that it's founders are competitive in their own right, means that #SK# will be heavily focusing on competition. Therefore, the time requirement is non negotiable. Players must, except in rare circumstances, make two practices a week and compete in at least one, possible multiple scrims over the Thursday to Sunday period once ROCK begins. To join #SK# you must have demonstrated individual skill as well as the understanding of, and the willingness to contribute, to the group dynamic. Contact Ken via PM to discuss joining or setting up a scrim.

There are two ranks within #SK# as well as two positions.
Full members of #SK# are all 'Lords'. Full members are able to vote on all clan decisions, wear the #SK# tag, and put items on meeting agendas. They are expected though to remain fully active and competitive and meet the time demands of #SK#. The number of full members will be capped at twelve. Lords are all considered 'notables' within the context of ROCK and as such must fill out the character factsheet and log-in weekly to the ROCK interface. Full membership is by invitation and subject to unanimous consent of the existing Lords. Mumble, Steam, and TW accounts are required. Lords are removed by majority vote.
Within the rank of Lord there are two positions. There are two to four 'Lord Commander's who are responsible for making the tactical decisions in battle and directing practices and scrimmages and a single 'Lord Marshal' who handles the administrative tasks and spearheads communication with other clan's leaders. Neither of these positions confer any special privileges or tags on the office holder and any can be stripped at any time by a majority of the Lords.
Players who want to join #SK# but haven't reached the level of skill or cohesion necessary to be a full member or can't commit to the time requirements, but who still want to join us in ROCK, are welcome to do so as a 'loyalist'. However, they are not considered full members, do not wear the #SK# tag, and have no vote in decision making. Likewise though, they have no time commitment or other duties. Unless they opt-out, all wK members are registered as loyalists.

In the days of old, during the turmoil that followed the reign of the Emperors, it is said there was a grand order of knighthood that sprung up to protect the people of the western shores and keep the imperial peace. These 'West Knights', as they came to be called, did their duty well. Sir Pink and his knights provided a safe haven for travelers and protected the common folk. Under the stewardship of these knights, the western lands attracted visitors from all manner of places, intent on new beginnings.

Our story though, such that it is, does not start nor end in these happy days. As seemingly all good things do, the strength of the West Knights waned, and with it the prosperity of the western shores. When King Harlus the Great began the process of reunifying Caladria under his banner, long was forgotten the valor of the West Knights, no more did visitors and traders visit the western lands, even the magnificent champions of the old age passed into myth or were forgotten, and as such the rule of the west given over to lesser men. The Grand Order of the West Knights was no more. The tattered remnants that still claimed the title were little more than a mercenary company, without home or cause. When King Harlus brought his armies west, they saw a chance to reclaim their lost valor and glory and flocked to his cause.

While individual members of the mercenary band distinguished themselves, the group managed nothing of note until the siege of Castle Montis. The last bastion of a stubborn enemy, the mountain castle was thought to be impregnable. Controlling the pass into the fertile fields beyond, it was imperative that King Harlus take the fortress to allow his army to re-provision for the winter. The castle, however, would not budge. Held by desperate and well trained defenders, the castle broke wave after wave of the Swadian army. King Harlus, frustrated and desperate now himself as winter was fast approaching, offered lordships to any men who were part of the team to break its defenses. Enter Lord Kenneth and Akane.

A minor lord of a failing house, Kenneth saw a chance to regain his lost honor. Devising a plan to break the siege, he approached Akane of the West Knights. That night, Akane and his company went to the surrounding villages and gathered up any woman or child with a relation to a guard captain in Castle Montis. The next day, Kenneth approached the castle wall and called out his terms: either they send him the head of the rebel lord or he would send them the heads of their daughters. The next morning, the stubborn lord's head was waiting on a stake outside the now open castle gates. True to his word, King Harlus granted Lord Kenneth, Lord Akane, and the rest of the West Knights all the land which fell in the shadow of Castle Montis and it's mountain range, known now as the Kingdom in the Shadow.

#SK# Roster
[Under Construction]​

wK_Calamity -->\
Lord Akane Strife (Cmdr)​
wK_Cerann  -->\
Lord Cerann Lestalis
wK_Lead_Judah -->\
Lord Judah Leon
wK_Ken -->\
Lord Kenneth Imperium (Marshal)​
wK_Oenomaus -->\
[??? - ROCK Character TBD]​
wK_Tron -->\
[??? - ROCK Character TBD] (Cmdr)​
wK_WilySly -->\
[??? - ROCK Character TBD] (Cmdr)​

Kind of seems like a conflict of interest waiting to happen.

Aren't you the lead admin for ROCK, yet you're also leading a clan that is involved in it?

:???:

Rhade said:

Aren't you the lead admin for ROCK, yet you're also leading a clan that is involved in it?

And yet, people still urge me to join the K-<mammary-related-acronym>. <.<;

Kitten-mew! said:
Rhade said:

Hosting a tournament is one thing, being the lead moderator/administrator in an ongoing, dynamic campaign that is undoubtedly going to be shifting as growing in rules, standards and stability is another.

Just found it a bit odd.

Not a big deal.

Well! So long as he doesn't do anything ridiculous like "my clan winz all matches 4ever" or "i get 100 month extension fux joo" (antispeak tharr) I'm coolz.

Rhade said:
Kitten-mew! said:
Rhade said:

Hosting a tournament is one thing, being the lead moderator/administrator in an ongoing, dynamic campaign that is undoubtedly going to be shifting as growing in rules, standards and stability is another.

Just found it a bit odd.

Not a big deal.

Obviously a this consideration that needs to be addressed.

The campaign is being set up so that once it begins the admins will have an extremely limited role. The only 'power' they will have is in arbitration of disputes of fact between clans and enforcing any sanctions for violation of rules. And these are done in a group fashion. We currently have four, and looking to expand to seven, administrators. The rest of their functions will be simply mechanical duties that are necessary for the campaign to run but don't leave any room for interpretation or bias and also don't provide any 'insider knowledge'. There are no 'random events' or the like that the admins define or get to pick. The campaign is set up to be a sandbox style game where all content and direction is provided by the choices of the players.

So I guess what I'm saying is that the only way an admin could 'stack' the campaign would be in it's set-up phases: the map and the ruleset. The majority of the map work is being done by AlphaDog (a freelancer) and the ruleset will be published before the end of the registration deadline so everyone has a chance to change their info if need be. After the launch of the campaign, it is really out of the control of the admins. I will, of course, still try to direct the flow of the campaign, but that will be as and by my power as a Lord of SK, not as an admin.

That being said, we are also looking at the possibility of (once the campaign begins) having all the decisions normally made by admins instead by vote of the clan leaders. Although there are obviously problems with this strategy. However to assume that a collection of clan leaders would be less bias then a small number of admins is a stretch to be sure. Obviously this last idea isn't finalized and may not be implemented. Although, even if it isn't implemented, I think the risk of (or even ability to) 'admin abuse' is extremely low.

Also, to be completely honest, I wouldn't be willing to do all the work for ROCK if I wasn't going to be able to play it at the end. So... deal with it. :razz:

(Just kidding... sort of.  :wink: I am definitely going to be playing ROCK, but if people still have concerns about admins abusing the system in favor of their clan, I would love to get them voiced so that we can address them and make any requisite changes to the system.)

All you really have to do is make it so decisions regarding your clan are handled by objective moderators and your only role in them is as a player/leader of the faction in question. That's it! xP

Kitten-mew! said:
All you really have to do is make it so decisions regarding your clan are handled by objective moderators and your only role in them is as a player/leader of the faction in question. That's it! xP

Right. Once the campaign begins it's fairly easy to avoid both the actuality and appearance of favoritism in specific matters.

It's just the initial stages and global decisions/ rule changes where you can't separate out the decisions that effect my clan that I believe Rhade was concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom