Size of the mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to know what these  'custom textures, meshes and modified scenes' are. The size of the mod indicates that there are hundreds of new scenes and models added, but I wonder if that's really true. Does this mod really contain a hundred new locations and hundreds of new items? I'm reluctant to download this mod because of its size.

Cloud Breaker said:
I want to know what these  'custom textures, meshes and modified scenes' are.
Then download it.
Cloud Breaker said:
The size of the mod indicates that there are hundreds of new scenes and models added, but I wonder if that's really true.
Then download it.
Cloud Breaker said:
Does this mod really contain a hundred new locations and hundreds of new items? I'm reluctant to download this mod because of its size.
Then don't.

Okay. I think the SceneObj file is still included in the mod file. But does that mean every scene inside it is modified? If not, why not remove the scenes that are identical to native scenes from the mod file, so that we don't have to waste our bandwidth?

Are all the models in the brf's included in the mod being used? If there are some unused ones, can you remove them from the brf's, to save some space?

The SceneObj file was included because...well, because it was crashing without it.

The models are almost all being used, and I hope to use about 99% of them.

You owe me a hug.

I believe you can include in your instruction for people to copy and paste the Native Module folder then extract the content of the mod onto it, as the duplicate Native folder will already contain the necessary SceneObj files.

Have pity on low bandwidth users, mbrepository is crawling at 20-30 kb/s for me.  :mad: And I can't browse properly while downloading.

Hug reserved.

I feel sorry for you, low bandwidth users, limited bandwith users, I really do.
It reminds me of the dark times(~5 years ago) when I still had my 56kbps dial-up and IE5/6 kept stopping the download in the middle and it took half of the day to download 40 mb so I couldn't because each minute costed money.

None of the scenes are modified.  They're included because people like the easier install of just extracting the directory, and they ARE needed for any mod to run correctly.  The textures are probably where most of the size is.  All the textures are being used because that's how the game rolls.  Some of them are slight improvements on native textures, some are for new items.  There are lots of new models, of which we're only using a fraction at the moment, but hopefully will add more as time progresses.  If we do add more the download size shouldn't change as the resource files are already included.  There really are over 100 new troops types.  And for items there really are over 50 new items.

If you've got low bandwidth I recommend downloading it overnight.  You'll be sleeping rather than browsing and it'll still be downloading without you there to watch it.  :wink:

Eh, partial fix would be to upload two versions - One with the scene stuff for normal downloads, one without that requires extra stuff for install, for low bandwidth people. Would be about 35ish Mb smaller, but its really just taking extra time for uploading :/

Back
Top Bottom