Silvermist in Senderfall?

Users who are viewing this thread

How do I contact the Silvermist Rangers in Senderfall? 

I've started maybe 10 games but when I go to the castle in Senderfall I never see a Ranger inside the hall.

The Wiki says that there is a 30% chance that the game will start with a chapter in Senderfall.  How do I know if they are there?  Where specifically should I look?

Thx.

How do I know if they are there?
By going to the Castle Hall (where you've been). Regarding the 30%, that's still rng. You may have 2 consecutive games in which they start with a chapter, and then have 10 where they don't. But I feel you, despite that it's 30%, it feels lower than that for sure! Just start new games until there will be a chapter of the Silvermist Rangers in Senderfall.

Hmm.. I am pondering the implementation of a pre-game configuration file that allows players with numbers or check boxes to to select certain possibilities such as presence of Knighthood orders, strength of various factions, etc. 

saxondragon said:
Hmm.. I am pondering the implementation of a pre-game configuration file that allows players with numbers or check boxes to to select certain possibilities such as presence of Knighthood orders, strength of various factions, etc.

first few games I didn't touch the files, but after few games I get tired of restarting to see my favorite KO in the game so I just used some of the tweaks and made them happen. my personal experiance

saxondragon said:

Players can almost do this already by tweaking this and that on their own or by heading over to the wiki for tweaks (or here if they ever get posted).

I can't even begin to fathom how much time was spent on balancing things, especially faction strength, from the development side to the point where the average win rate of a major faction is balanced across the board. Only to make it -modular.-

Not to mention the fact that making it an official capacity thing makes it something that will need to be supported if something goes wrong, something is out of check, or it just makes the mod plainly broken.

MitchyMatt said:
saxondragon said:

Players can almost do this already by tweaking this and that on their own or by heading over to the wiki for tweaks (or here if they ever get posted).

I can't even begin to fathom how much time was spent on balancing things, especially faction strength, from the development side to the point where the average win rate of a major faction is balanced across the board. Only to make it -modular.-

Not to mention the fact that making it an official capacity thing makes it something that will need to be supported if something goes wrong, something is out of check, or it just makes the mod plainly broken.

you can simply put a message before or after that changing this set of settings would endanger the world balance and you may die if you click them.
now you may say, well people will tweak their game to what they want anyway. however with adding those options POP will own the tweaks too, not a separate page in the dark alley.
I am not saying add every single tweak possible just a few that would bring variety to the game. the main game is fun but after a few playthrough you will need something new. this settings would provide those

I'd say there's no benefit to not having KO in predetermined locations - it really doesn't affect the game, doesn't bring diversity  but the opposite, feels like a loss. As for settings for factions strength... It's really hard to say since it will give options to many to make different playthrough (strong oppressive Sarleon for example) but some people can ruin experience not being careful with settings. If it's not hard to implement it would be nice to have but pioneers of testing this may have a rough time.

it's a little though to make it happen and still keep the original setting as true and the one theme. that's probably the main problem.

this settings may make the game too different for each individual and their experience, eventually making the true feeling of pop that is intended from devs view lost and each person talking about pop in their own personal setting.

so a real setting with many options may not be desired unless a way is found to make the original setting the main theme that is talked about. if you catch what I mean.

plus that would probably add a hundred of thousands of extra page to sher guide witch is nice :smile:.

in summery it's nice to have them and it doesn't need testing because it's not fully supported, so you just say they may break their game and they are on their own. however it's best to be careful to not make the true feeling of pop that devs intended be forgotten. kinda hard to do both but probably that's the ideal way to make everyone happy

They are there for me. In fact, I just failed a "challenging task" quest that I received from them, and I failed at 199/200 Renown on the last day. All of a sudden, all the enemies decided to disappear for one whole day!  :grin: :mrgreen:

I did not have to start many games to have them in Senderfall, I think I was just lucky the first time I started the game.

Back
Top Bottom