Sillmarillion Mod Recruting!

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm a Tolkien fan, what do you think, can I find this book in a library? I've  read "The Hobbit" and "The Lord", and I want to read this one. Speaking of Tolkien, how are called in English "земеслоновете", e.g. the big elephant-like things?

Lumos said:
I'm a Tolkien fan, what do you think, can I find this book in a library? I've  read "The Hobbit" and "The Lord", and I want to read this one. Speaking of Tolkien, how are called in English "земеслоновете", e.g. the big elephant-like things?

mûmak, or oliphants

Lumos said:

They're called oliphaunts/oliphants or Mumakil. And yeah, a library could have the Silmarillion.

It would have to be a big library... The Silmaril isn't really as big as LOTR, in terms of popularity. However once you read it LOTR isn't as great in comparison.

maniac said:
It would have to be a big library... The Silmaril isn't really as big as LOTR, in terms of popularity. However once you read it LOTR isn't as great in comparison.

What utter rubbish. LOTR is definitely the superior novel.

To be fairly honest I've never actually been compelled to read the entirety of the lord of the rings, I've read a fair bit of it but it hasn't really held me like other books. I know this seems like blasphemy but I don't think that LOTR is really all it is cracked up to be. Then again, I read the books after I watched the moves. That probably took away most of the magic for me but in all honesty I think the story is great and the way its told is great but it just doesn't get that feel that other Tolkien books have given me. I sat down with The Children of Húrin for an hour once a night for a week and by the end of that week I was almost in tears. And trust me that is a hard thing to do. I didn't cry when I watched the Titanic! xD Anyhow If this mod is made I hope its awesome, but to be fairly honest I think its far too much information to be put into one mod, as I said earlier I think you should pick a certain point in time and not a giant chunk in the history of middle earth. I'd like to see a naval mod mixed with the downfall of the Numenor to be fairly honest with you.

By the by, Morgoth wouldn't be too hard to put in this mod. I think its mentioned a few times that he isn't as powerful as he was before because he used up pretty much all of his power creating his armies, or if you want him to be all poweful then I'd just have him as an npc in Thangorodrim and get Sauron to be the king seeing as Sauron was pretty much the second in command. Unless I missed something xD

Back
Top Bottom