Settlement Scene Making Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

blocking off aerias to make "illusions" is a very smart idea. For example in my settlement (that was done but now lacks a few fake guards) I have used that a lot to make it look like some walls are very well made, while they are just made hiding the flaws.  :mrgreen:

Hey wickedshot,

my next settlement (originally the 1st planned :neutral: ) will be in the plains on a river (see the picture below for a rough idea of the terrain), do you have a place it will fit?
It will be finished the next weekend at the earliest so no hurry.

wipkix.jpg

P.S. The picture is old, a lot of the city is already filled with housing blocks with narrow streets between.
P.P.S. Sorry, I took the picture at night :wink:

blackwarrior said:
where can i download scenes for emptxxx villages?
If you look at older posts you will see downloads for Datver's and mine contribution but it is easier to wait for the next update. For both settlements you need to edit the scenes.txt.
Diavolo said:
blocking off aerias to make "illusions" is a very smart idea. For example in my settlement (that was done but now lacks a few fake guards) I have used that a lot to make it look like some walls are very well made, while they are just made hiding the flaws.  :mrgreen:
They already did some blocking off in some of the native settlements but I hope I can add more life to it than just some barrels blocking the way...

done! here is my settlement. Its all the scenes in a winrar folder. Either paste the link in a browser, just click the link, or right click on the link and select "save target as.." dont know what will work for you..

http://folk.ntnu.no/helversc/Emptuc.rar

sorry for it not being in the repository, I just found an other way. This is much easier.
hope you like it :mrgreen:

is there still need for scenemakers? cause im thinking about giving it a try.
Never done it before but i got alot of time on my hands and there is quite extensive guides here.
So, is there need for more scenes, and if there is, what kind of settlement should i do?

EDIT: Ok forget it :smile: started messing around with it abit and the controls were so extremely awkward that i freaked out and gave up :sad:

Looks fun heh

@Diavolo:  you have 1 level 30 hero and 1 hero based on your forum title for your settlement.

@mukk:  you have 1 level 30 hero and 1 hero based on your forum title for your settlement.

Wicked, could you please update the list of settlements i've read that you've added some new empty settlements? or im wrong?

If so please update because i'd like to do a empty one :wink:

Hello! You probably don't know me because I'm usually floating around the Hegemony Series forum or lurking in the Town Square, but I've finally decided to branch out a little bit and custom settlements seems great. In a way it reminds me of the old NES game "Nobunaga's Ambition." (which along with MnB is one of my favorite games of all time) So after probing some of the settlements people have built already, I found myself looking around Empten, number 34, and I think I'd like to try my hand at building some scenes for it. :mrgreen: I'm motivated now of course, but I figured I'd post here to give myself some motivation insurance for later, haha. Anyway, here I go.

p.s.
Thanks for this scene making guide! I'd probably have still tried to scene build without it, but this will help immensely I imagine.

good luck zima, scene editing is so much fun and insanley addictive, just go wild, and it will always be good. and uniquness is gooooood

wicked, could you put me down for emptsic. i am making a town in the trees there
never mind, dont have time to make a settelment right now  :oops:

Wicked I expect to claim 1 or two settlements this weekend if you'll let me and within 2 weeks I'll give you the e2m2's of each so you can approve of the style.

Pehu Wizzard said:
There'll always be the need for more scene makers, as wicked plans on more than 100 settlements.
Wow! Now I actually think there's no need to reserve one for me.  :grin:

Hello again. I've been reading up on some scene making skills but the one I don't quite understand yet is removing the randomly generated plants from a scene. Wickedshot was explaining the process to someone in a post back in January but I can't grasp it. :oops: There are relatively few trees and plants in my way and marking the old tree postions with "tutorial_banner"s so I can put the ones I want back is going to be a task, ha, but first I need to comprehend the means by which I get rid of the offending vegetation. So, could someone lay it out nice and simple-like for me? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom