Settlement Scene Making Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

wow Folthrik that looks absolutely gorgeous..... Why did you have to post that just before I post my first attempt.  :!:

Honestly that means allot to me thanks. ..  omg I underestimated how long it would take to make this and I'm now a little traumatized.  :lol:

datver, i love how u went with a specific cultural theme ( celts im guessing), and those look amazing

@ datver

What scene you used? what emptxx?

Bcause its huge :O, and i don't think its celts bcause the stone circle is here in holland :wink:
it's more germanian, germanen in dutch(forgot the english :razz:) i think,

Pvt88 said:
@ datver

Bcause its huge :O, and i don't think its celts bcause the stone circle is here in holland :wink:
im refering to the celts pre-roman, in the time of the greeks

On the entrypoints part of your first post, are those the exact numbers of what is spawned, or just suggestions where to place them?

TrickySoldier said:
On the entrypoints part of your first post, are those the exact numbers of what is spawned, or just suggestions where to place them?
The numbering in the quote is fixed so in each settlement you will start at entry point 0 and so on. The picture is only a suggestion for the positioning of the entry points. While the patrol points should be in the corners of the map it depends on the map, im my settlement (Falconpass) the city takes up nearly one side of the map so the patrol points are outside of the wall.

jacob25 said:
Pvt88 said:
@ datver

im refering to the celts pre-roman, in the time of the greeks

ah oke, im confused had something else in my mind.
i see the stone circle was in that time :razz:

@Pvt88

Well there are quiet allot of stone circles and wooden circles and weird Celtic/ Iron age things in Brittan.
It certainly is based on a British Celtic ritual landscape with a hill fort/ settlement but....... No round houses!!!, in the editor  :!:  SO it certainly has a European flavor to it.

Its number 25 Emptuc with a terrain map.

Yes the map IS huge and has tons of items to fill it, hopefully there is not limit on these things. All these errors due to this being my first attempt. But you can see for yourself soon I just need to move some entry points and ill upload it.

ah emptuc, i used that for my settlement too, but when i begun editing some terrain it got bugged so sadly..

Maybe i can make some weirds soon out of emptuc again :smile:

Pvt88 said:
ah emptuc, i used that for my settlement too, but when i begun editing some terrain it got bugged so sadly..

Maybe i can make some weirds soon out of emptuc again :smile:

I am currently working on Emptuc and have had the same problem with buggy terrain, not being able to change elevation and texture on, but I have managed fairly ok to avoid that and make it look intentional.
(see earlier posts by me for pictures)

@Folthrik
Looks really nice! It reminds of a hidden bandit outpost with all those trees everywhere but still a great effect.

@Diavolo
I've looked at your screenshots and must say you're settlement looks pretty solid!
A suggestion though: Try not to use too much ground texture where it's not necessary (especially outside the urabnized areas). It removes the nice vegetation effect that the basic terrain has naturally and if you use turf everything looks too green. To remove the placed ground texture just use the middle button in the ground texture paint menu in the editor.

Now, I'm planning on doing a desert settlement but unfortunately there are no palm trees in the game. Will have to go around that somehow (probably using other trees). Wicked, what do you think about it? Should I go for it or do something else?

Diavolo said:
I am currently working on Emptuc and have had the same problem with buggy terrain, not being able to change elevation and texture on, but I have managed fairly ok to avoid that and make it look intentional.
(see earlier posts by me for pictures)
I had some problems there too though sometimes I could change it later. I would advise that you take the terrain creator and try to generate a terrain that is close to your wishes. I did that for the settlement I'm currently working on so now I don't need elevation changes.

dunadd.jpg

Drunadd: http://files.filefront.com/Iron+Age+Hill+fort+Dunaddrar/;13520468;/fileinfo.html

Just remember its Emptuc custom 25 so don't over right any of your own settlement work if you have been editing it! Not sure if you need the scenes.txt don't use without backing up your own first.

And some Celtic troops if you like the idea: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59513.30.html

thx, Chammadai, I'll try doing that. Have actually been "worrying" a bit about that green. Wanted it to look alive, and not fake like it does now. Didnt understand completely how I removed ground texture, but Ill probably figure it out.

Berpol, thank you for your tips on making the terrain first in the terrain creator, I think I'll do that on my next settlement. 
Will atleast save me some time being annoyed  :wink:

Chammadai said:
Now, I'm planning on doing a desert settlement but unfortunately there are no palm trees in the game. Will have to go around that somehow (probably using other trees). Wicked, what do you think about it? Should I go for it or do something else?
Worth a try, most deserts don't have palm trees anyways heh (thats more a tropical island or beach type of thing).

hey, i've seen the stone circel but isnt it like there is always some stones missing on the top(the circle)

like:
__  __
| |  | |

what you got is:

_____
| | | |

(srry for the weird signs but thats the look like :razz:

He is right, a correct stone circle is not a series of gates, like
__  __
| |  | |
but a complete (or mostly complete) circle like
_____
| | | |
The missing stones are either a result of a lot of time gone by or peasants in the need of stones...

Back
Top Bottom