Setting height

Users who are viewing this thread

Being a big person in real medieval life was much more advantageous, your reach is higher, and, generally, you are tougher than the others. If heigh and weight were to be implemented, reality should be twarted a bit for the sake of fun. Height do not affect range effectvness, except if you will be too small, you can't use a longbow, but its harder to hit you with ranged or on horseback (hat when crossbowmen duck to arm their crossbow in the moment that i would strip their heads off).

This would be awsome but may be to hard to implent on a game that hasn't had  it put in at the begining, because if you are to tall, your horse will look real small on you and your armour looks like it shrunk a bit in the wash.  And if you are real short then your armour is way to big for you and your horse looks a llittle to big for you.

good idea, customize everything about your character. there was a body type thing in swords and sandles, ummm, 3, i think, was pretty fun to screw around with for a bit, besides the game being nearly impossible without luck, something i'm short on.

i like it.

the attacks aren't really fixed. you can aim up and down with the side swings. at least it seams that way. couldn't hit those infantry on horseback if you couldn't

this would be gorgeous for my mod! i want to create giants as a bandit party. or maby as there own kingdom. would that be the greatest? and also dwarfs could come into effect, btw i think its possibe to some extent because of orcs in a new fantasy mod coming out, there pretty big, and skeletons are alo pretty nice looking in the horde lands alpha, still, a bunch of giants roaming around, with like 10 power strike and 10 power... health? and like 60 str with a 2h club. but they would hold it in 1 hand. :smile: then dwarfs on the other hand, they would be a nice touch too, modders would kill for the ability to change size significantly for armys. i sure would.

jldmon said:
this would be gorgeous for my mod! i want to create giants as a bandit party. or maby as there own kingdom. would that be the greatest? and also dwarfs could come into effect, btw i think its possibe to some extent because of orcs in a new fantasy mod coming out, there pretty big, and skeletons are alo pretty nice looking in the horde lands alpha, still, a bunch of giants roaming around, with like 10 power strike and 10 power... health? and like 60 str with a 2h club. but they would hold it in 1 hand. :smile: then dwarfs on the other hand, they would be a nice touch too, modders would kill for the ability to change size significantly for armys. i sure would.
In reality, you would actually go out and kill somebody, just to be able to make giants in a video game?

Hmm... Perhaps it's time to pay Armagan a little visit...

The average height of a caucassian American aged 20-34 is 5' 10.4" with a standard devieation of 2.8".
This means that:
- 67% of the population is ranged 5' 7.6" - 6' 1.2"
- 97% of the population is ranged 5' 4.8" - 6' 4"
- and 99.7% of the population is ranged 5' 2" - 6' 6.8"

You could just grow or shrink a few inches off, but what would the point of that be?

The armors wouldnt be screwed up, check Phantasy Star Universe for example. But this doesnt seem very nessceary, only benficital for special mods.

yeah like  alot of other games i have played you should be able to set the height and weight of the characters

perhaps allow it but keep it in a certain range (modders can override this) so that it shouldnt change much like you can be from 6'2"-5'7" would be a good range since that is approximately average

General Darius said:
perhaps allow it but keep it in a certain range (modders can override this) so that it shouldnt change much like you can be from 6'2"-5'7" would be a good range since that is approximately average

I set the guidelines for height in my previous post. it shows rates as well as ranges.

I would love to see some height variation in the game. Rotund innkeepers is just so right!!
  As far as game play a mod that contained a faction of giant hill people that live around the base of the
  mountains. It does not even have to be fantasy related, just a tall stock of people.
  Pip

Back
Top Bottom