Sell All!

Users who are viewing this thread

Definitely...in fact, why would you even want to sell them individually?  Just offload the lot at a bulk rate.

My point exactly...to my knowledge they can't be used for anything else than selling anyway and they are worth the same everywhere, so why would you want to sell some of them and not the rest?

- "No, wait! On second thoughts, let me hang on to those sea raiders for a little while still. My crew likes dragging them around. We make them dance to us at nights, when we're bored. It gives great morale!"

As of now, it's just annoying having to press the mouse botton repeatedly for about 30 seconds in order to unload all of the slaves...

Hmm...I just had another idea. What if you were paid more per slave, if you unloaded 30 of the buggers than if you sold just one?

This would give you an incentive to maybe hang on to them a little while, so as to collect them. It would make sens too. If I were this big-shot business man, I wouldn't have much use or time for buying individual slaves, but I would want to buy 30 at a time and make them row or whatever.

This would also give you a reason to keep developing your prison management skill with greater pay-off reward for higher levels.

Anyway that's just fanciful thinking...Right now I just want to give my index finger a rest...

In my oppinion thats a very good idea, actually both of your ideas. Also, if the "sell all"-button is made, it doesnt have to mean removing the old "sell"-button.

SketchSepahi said:
Hmm...I just had another idea. What if you were paid more per slave, if you unloaded 30 of the buggers than if you sold just one?

This would give you an incentive to maybe hang on to them a little while, so as to collect them. It would make sens too. If I were this big-shot business man, I wouldn't have much use or time for buying individual slaves, but I would want to buy 30 at a time and make them row or whatever.

This would also give you a reason to keep developing your prison management skill with greater pay-off reward for higher levels.

Anyway that's just fanciful thinking...Right now I just want to give my index finger a rest...
That goes against all the laws of nature, universe and free market.
Also the reasoning does not make much sense. If there's no reason to keep developing a skill, that rather means that the skill is obsolete. Forcing it's usefullnes is always bad for gameplay.

Otherwise, a 'Sell All' button for slaves would be a good thing.

SketchSepahi said:
My point exactly...to my knowledge they can't be used for anything else than selling anyway and they are worth the same everywhere, so why would you want to sell some of them and not the rest?

- "No, wait! On second thoughts, let me hang on to those sea raiders for a little while still. My crew likes dragging them around. We make them dance to us at nights, when we're bored. It gives great morale!"

As of now, it's just annoying having to press the mouse botton repeatedly for about 30 seconds in order to unload all of the slaves...

Prisioners can slow down your party. They can also speed up your party. sometimes it's good to have a few knights in your prisinoers slots permanently.

Joza said:
In my oppinion thats a very good idea, actually both of your ideas. Also, if the "sell all"-button is made, it doesnt have to mean removing the old "sell"-button.

Precactly.

Manitas said:
Also the reasoning does not make much sense. If there's no reason to keep developing a skill, that rather means that the skill is obsolete. Forcing it's usefullnes is always bad for gameplay.

It was just an idea, I thought was worth considering. (As opposed to the suggested system of slaves with different values.) I don't think that idea should be implemented, but I thought I'd present it as an anti-theses to the theses, so someone maybe could make a syntheses. (Hegel anyone?) I just think the system's a bit weird as is. As for now though, I'd just really, really want the "Sell All" botton. I've just been index-bouncing my way through about 55 of those buggers...It gets tiring. (ClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClick
ClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClick)

sneakey pete said:
Prisioners can slow down your party. They can also speed up your party. sometimes it's good to have a few knights in your prisinoers slots permanently.

Now there's something I didn't know...and something I didn't want to know. That makes no sense. Since when did prisoners ever speed anyone up? You have to go to enormous troubles to keep them in check. As if prisoner-knights just ride along peacefully or something. (Say, dear ol' chap? Where' ya taking me? Oh, I am to be a rower in a galley, am I? Sounds marvelously interesting, really. As long as I can bring my faithful, quadrupedal companion, Rufus. Poor thing cannot live without me. What say you, good sir? Possesions are not allowed slaves? Oh dear! 'tis terrible news. I shant live without my daily cup of tea.)

Amman d' Stazia said:
Factions lords should buy opposing faction knights and sergeants for 35 or 40 gold.

I'm not certain I understood that, but I think I disagree...

Sir Saladin said:
Enemy lords should pay ransom for their knights that I captured.

This would make sense, as knights were nobility. (Outlaw "knights" does not make sense...)

I'd also like a 'Sell Stack' button where it sells everything in that slot (same type of units). Because sometimes, you would want to keep enemy riders for speed-trick.

Enemy lords pay ransoms, then I think friendly factions would pay well for those 'Most Wanted' outlaws as well (dark knights, etc)

SketchSepahi said:
I'm not certain I understood that, but I think I disagree...

I mean that, because knights and sergeants are the elite enemy, they will be valuable prisoners, for ransoming, for questioning or simply in order to remove them from the war.  So the Vaegir lords would be eager to get their hands on Swadian Knights and Sergeants, and should pay for them accordingly.
This would be in addition to the exisiting 'bring me some prisoners' missions.
it would give some incentive to capture highranking enemies instead of just masses of river pirates for sales value.

thaimodz said:
I'd also like a 'Sell Stack' button where it sells everything in that slot (same type of units). Because sometimes, you would want to keep enemy riders for speed-trick.

Enemy lords pay ransoms, then I think friendly factions would pay well for those 'Most Wanted' outlaws as well (dark knights, etc)

I like your "Sell Stack" idea. I don't rightly know about the friendly factions paying for the most wanted outlaws as slaves. I think they'd just want them dead. Unless it's like Amman d' Stazia says for questioning.

Oh, Amman d' Stazia I don't think I disagreed all that much after all, if you put it like that. Though I don't think you can ransom outlaws...sort of "pirates code" sort of thing. Whoever falls behind, is left behind. And besides if you've captured an outlaw in the game, you've probably killed or captured the rest of his mates who you could have ransomed him to anyway. But the questioning thing makes sense to me...But it should be an occasional quest mission, not something you could do all the time then.

If we're talking about Swadian/Vaegir officers, then it's a whole different matter. I don't think they'd pay ransoms in a war, (or demand them for that matter) but they've always traded prisoners.

- "Hey, if we get our general back, you get yours."

Could be quite interesting, if you could trade Swadian knights for Vaegir ditto and vice versa...

Oh and about the "Sell Stack" option...I would like something like that when selling out of my inventory too...I hate it when I'm running a trading round and I'm going to sell everything of something (Ie. all the furs, all the linen, all the iron etc.) and I have to scroll up and down in my inventory in order to get all of the ware in question to the merchant...

Maybe, add some 'hero' units into factions. These units sell for great deal of money (and will appear again later after selling) for ransoms, bounty, employment, etc.

About the outlaws thing, there are many things that the Most Wanted's can be used...
-Execution
-Questioning
-Dealing with other outlaws
-Target Practice
-Lots More

People, people! Enough with the ransoms and things already. That has nothing to do with how easy it isn't to sell something in the game...
I would really like some better options when selling the slaves and selling out of my inventory too. It's gruesome to sort through a large inventory. And also when looting after a big fight, I'd like some sort of sorting mechanism. (Possibly "Group all items by value" or whatnot...)

It may be a sort of mundane little detail, but I think it would improve playability...

Manitas said:
SketchSepahi said:

I'm not sure I follow you here... To me, it seems the suggestion makes the prisoner management skill more valuable, not less. More skill=better money potential.

What about stripping their armor? Always strip the black knight's armor before you sell him into slavery. But if you have like 20+ prisoners, then it'll take a while.

I'd support some kind of system, that allowed you to retrieve items from your victims which corresponded to what they actually had.  After a battle with 30 black knights, I should get 4 or 5 chargers and warhorses, 6 or so black plates, a good selection of lances, shields, helmets and axes.  NOT some hunting bows, hide boots, fur helmets and a swaybacked saddle-horse.

Back
Top Bottom