Resolved Scene Editor Selecting Unconnected Faces Crashed the Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
I had just removed vertices without edges, and then hit select unconnected faces and after about 10 seconds the editor crashed without the option to send an error report.

Edit: Just reloaded and tried again, another crash. I think that debug option for navigation mesh is broken.

Last edited:
Are you still experiencing this issue?
Were you able yo use the crash uploader after the crashes? It is nearly impossible for us to reproduce most of the editor crashes. With an uploaded dump file of the crash, we can debug the issue. If you are still experiencing this issue please use the crash uploader and send us the crash identifier so that we can find it. You will see the identifier after the upload is completed and you can copy it on the dialogue window.

Just tested this again and it looks like it worked. Don't think it was a one off thing since I could reliably reproduce it before, but now I can't so it looks like you fixed it. I'll include the crash identifiers on future posts, my apologies.

I just tried this again and got a crash directly to desktop. Opened the editor again and I've done some testing with just a default grid and I think I've identified the problem and it's user error. You need to have a face selected to be able to select faces which are unconnected to it, otherwise the editor doesn't know which group of faces is the "unconnected" group and there's just a crash to desktop. Probably fixable with a popup indicating that people need to select a face tile if they try to use the "Select Unconnected Faces" button with no face selected.

Back
Top Bottom