Screenshots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Austupaio said:
I don't like your redcoats, the shoulders mesh badly and the colours get distorted. This French soldier looks rather good though.

Sure, he looks a little grimy, but when spend all day walking through black powder smoke on a battlefield, your clothes will get a bit dark.

Shredzorz said:
Oh, sorry. I kind of forgot about that. I like the way they look, but they're a bit too dirty. Armies back then were very strict about keeping clean uniforms and equipment.

I can't get them cleaner sorry. Making it more 'clean' will turn it into plastic playmobile soldiers. I guess I will upload them as a standalone to your mod then. No offence though.

I started with the Spanish infanteria and all British and French troops (outside of the cuircassier) are finished. I turned the Royal Footmen into another regiment, because I liked white better as a secondary colour.  I took a whole load of screenshots, showing off the Spanish in the siege and the archenemies France and Britain in a field:

mb29.jpg

mb43.jpg

mb48.jpg

mb45.jpg

Siege
mb30.jpg

mb31.jpg

mb33.jpg

mb34.jpg

mb35.jpg

Field
mb37.jpg

mb38.jpg

mb40.jpg

mb42.jpg

mb44.jpg

mb46.jpg

mb47.jpg

mb49.jpg

mb50.jpg

mb51.jpg

mb52.jpg

Tell me what you think? Anybody who would like to see this released?

I like the new textures as well - I would just suggest toning down the shading. It is almost just right, but a little too heavy, and that is what is giving the uniforms a "dirty" look, I believe. Otherwise, very good work!

I do wish that I had texturing skills.  I've learned to make simple models, even, but I could never put them to much use with my failed texturing attempts.

Shredzorz said:
Stinus said:
mb18.jpg
mb25.jpg

mb24.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb22.jpg

mb20.jpg

mb19.jpg

I went for the French. Shredzor are you interested in these skins? You still didn't PM me about it.
Oh, sorry. I kind of forgot about that. I like the way they look, but they're a bit too dirty. Armies back then were very strict about keeping clean uniforms and equipment.

Im pretty sure your campain uniform sooner or later will be dirty.

Well, if I tone down the shading I am afraid that the textures become too flat, like the current ones. If I apply a normal map with toned down shades will it help with a more 3d look?

Stinus said:
Well, if I tone down the shading I am afraid that the textures become too flat, like the current ones. If I apply a normal map with toned down shades will it help with a more 3d look?

PARALLAX OCCLUSION MAPPING!!!!

I guess Parallel conclusion mapping is a normal map.

Anyway. I retextured the Prussian musketeer and figured that EVEN THOUGH the Countryside battle is a lovely map, something had to be changed about the barn:
mb62.jpg

mb59.jpg

mb58.jpg

mb57.jpg

mb57.jpg

mb55.jpg

mb54.jpg

Stinus said:
I guess Parallel conclusion mapping is a normal map.

Anyway. I retextured the Prussian musketeer and figured that EVEN THOUGH the Countryside battle is a lovely map, something had to be changed about the barn:
mb62.jpg

mb59.jpg

mb58.jpg

mb57.jpg

mb57.jpg

mb55.jpg

mb54.jpg
Whoa, that's awesome. If you send me the scene file I'll include it in v1.5.

HULKSMASH said:
Wait wait, I'll have my own changes done to the thing anyway, but i'll admit that does look quite nice. May I steal it in my update?

uh oh, someone feels out-done  :lol:

Not really. It looks like more of a european style farmhouse though, ratger than a log cabin.
Also, I'm worried about nor bieng able to go around the back of the house, it was rather close already.

Back
Top Bottom