Screenshots & Video topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey,
just throwing some pics from this years Battle of Austerlitz reenactment in Czech Republic. Enjoy.

slavkov.jpg

slavkov2.jpg

slavkov3.jpg

slavkov4.jpg

slavkov5.jpg

slavkov6.jpg

slavkov7.jpg

slavkov8.jpg

Gooby said:

Good lord, that horse.

Great pictures! Might I ask though, in the 4th picture, is that a boy or a girl? I'm not familiar with women soldiers in these wars, but I can understand if it was a reenactor. I mean, it would be good if there was no historically-accurate sexism in these things. That would just be pointless, since it's not a film or the like.

I noticed that, but I assumed it was just an accident. I mean, you should know what you're wearing, but perhaps it wasn't meant to be photographed. Great picture, otherwise.

Docm30 said:
Most reenactment groups let women participate. It's still more historically accurate than letting old fat blokes in.

So very true.

Speaking as a re-enactor - it really depends on the nation and the regiment they are playing. For example, cavalry often, is not always, have women in their ranks, for the simple reason that there are more female as males riding. At my own riding school, it's something like twelve girls for every male D:
Guard units, at the other hand, almost never let women in, except for the obvious vivandries or musicians.

One may also note the modern shoe on of the cossacks. It's a matter of money, really - the reason I never show full pictures of me in uniform is because there is a 99% change there's something unhistorical about it.

Shamble said:
Gooby said:
Is that modern jumper dressed under the uniform?

Yeah, it is, but it was quite cold that day and it's better to sacrifice a little bit of historical accuracy than catch a cold.

I know this topic is mainly for pics and videos from the game, so I hope you won't mind if I post a video from the reenactment.
Unfortunately it's not from this year (I couldn't find a video in good quality).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzO4UrHyZew enjoy  :wink:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/15thRegimentOfFoot/discussions/0/864948300020906592/ 15th regiments video topic =)

Back
Top Bottom