Screenshot Thread: Post all your Screenies Here!

Users who are viewing this thread

NikeBG said:
Like any self-respecting bard would do, of course.
Which reminds me - with your obvious talent for writing, when can we expect the Serbian companion? :wink:

The Nizar of the real  world, Mihailo, will make him end up like this.

Hahaha some one who uses the tree banner asswell :grin: beuuuuutifull :razz: tough i preffer the other one :smile:

A new level of retardiness has been hit :/  hahahah thank you :grin: glad to see there are still galant knights around :smile:

WIP: A castle for Russian/Baltic area.
Beware, no trees and the houses inside the walls are not really placed yet.
mb129.jpg
mb130.jpg
mb131.jpg

I love those round fortressess ,that is why i first downloaded britainwalda hehehe ,my hunger for the next version is getting hard to contain :smile:

I'm explaining to my 9 Sicilian guests that their Senechal expressed his wish to join their feast in my dungeon, after loosing a battle that was thought to be impossible for him to loose.

dungeonw.png

He learned the same lesson. Never charge uphill when dealing with an all-infantry army!

Everyone seems to be playing E1200 in very crappy resolutions and graphical stats. What's going on? My computer is not top of the hill, but can run M&B without trouble. And while it's true that M&B is a poor graphical game that demands a lot of engine (very poor optimisation)... it's still a very low graphical setting.

The problem in my case is that prefer to have battles running smoothly, and that's not gonna happen with my PC on high video settings.

Looking at the screenshots in this thread, I'm surprised how many people play with that show casualties pop-up:
Billman killed by Swordsman
Swordsman killed by Pikeman
Pikeman killed by Archer
Archer killed by Knight
Crossbowman killed by Knight
Knight killed by Slinger

Here's why I don't like it:
1) The letters popping up are too distracting to me - I mean, I already have the enemy distracting me, I don't need another distraction
2) It covers a substantial amount of screen space (i.e. letters are too big)
3) It takes a bit from realism
4) It lowers my (real life) battle morale... :neutral:
No, seriously, I'm sure many of you had a battle when you thought: ''Oh, this is gonna be easy.'' and, suddenly, you see 5-6 red notifications, in a row, which are telling you that your guys are slaughtered.
You automatically lose some of your morale, since you know the battle is going bad for your army.
But when you turn that notification off - then you play like you always play.

MihailoSRB said:
You automatically lose some of your morale, since you know the battle is going bad for your army.
But when you turn that notification off - then you play like you always play.
You mean you don't take any measures and your army gets slaughtered like a flock of sheep before you know it, right? :razz:

NikeBG said:
You mean you don't take any measures and your army gets slaughtered like a flock of sheep before you know it, right? :razz:
Well, it's not like M&B has a lot of measures to choose from, other than TAB-retreat and Fall Back 10 Paces...
...so it pretty much depends on your fighting skill. :wink:

MihailoSRB said:
NikeBG said:
Well, it's not like M&B has a lot of measures to choose from, other than TAB-retreat and Fall Back 10 Paces...
...so it pretty much depends on your fighting skill. :wink:

I time the charging of my calvary fairly carefully. I send them out for maximum impact and then bring them back before they scatter to the four winds chasing routed troops, and prepare for the next wave.  (I also feel that this is more like the tactics that may have been used by cavalry in the day) Now that I have a beefier PC that lets me play with much larger battles, its even more likely that I might lose site of an enemy charge and need to respond to the shifting battlefronts with movement or attack orders.

I agree though, smaller text for those particular messages would be better.

Back
Top Bottom