Native Completed Scramble League America(SLA) Congrats to Slayer of Men Elite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Probably time to cut Mr. Nevino some slack. He has committed to the draft now, complaining about that part will get nowhere.

As for draft itself, Nevino has already stated that 500,000 will be added to the captains to try and give a better approximation of what they would go for. Could probably used a percentage based increment to be slightly more accurate, but this current method of negotiation is quite poor. How about this instead:

"Why Mr. Nevino, I noticed during the last draft that most players who had higher initial costs also had higher increases in their price than players who were initially costed lower (ex. 3 mil player going for 4 mil, +1 mil, whereas 1 mil player goes for 1.5mil, +.5 mil). Would you consider instead changing the price increase on captains to be ~40% increase in price, rounded, instead of a flat rate?" (using example numbers)

You can plagiarize that if you'd like. Please insert actual numbers from the previous draft as well as an actual rate.

In regards to this now being more competitive in scope, it is debatable whether this format is actually more competitive or simply appears to be. I imagine the players who wanted to tryhard will still do so, and the ones who don't won't. It is purely up to a captain and his/her team to enjoy friendly competition or tryhard. In that it is the same as every other tourney.

I agree with Ron but I'm not looking at the old thread because I can't find it. Also Surkan you are one to talk Mr. Suicide Into Walls Every Five Seconds Then Ragequit Matches.

There are exactly 32 players from Tier 1 to Tier 2 each team is limited to 4, while Lagstro PPK, John, Marquis, Arys can only draft 3.

From Elite Tier 1 to Tier 1 there are 16 players, each team is limited to 2 while Lagstro, PPK, and John can only draft 1. So thus the teams will all have the same number of upper echelon players.

Name:Tito
Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054911544/
ID:1573104
Main Class:Inf
Do you want to be a captain? (Yes/No)No

Roberta_Baratheon said:
I agree with Ron but I'm not looking at the old thread because I can't find it. Also Surkan you are one to talk Mr. Suicide Into Walls Every Five Seconds Then Ragequit Matches.

that doesn't sound like surkan!

Nevino said:
There are exactly 32 players from Tier 1 to Tier 2 each team is limited to 4, while Lagstro PPK, John, Marquis, Arys can only draft 3.

From Elite Tier 1 to Tier 1 there are 16 players, each team is limited to 2 while Lagstro, PPK, and John can only draft 1. So thus the teams will all have the same number of upper echelon players.

So essentially not in any way a handicap. Can you just read Ron's point since it makes perfect sense.

@ Rob

John payed 3.75M for himself, making him the 3rd most expensive archer and 2nd most expensive player on his team... his team didn't even make it to the playoffs.

Jeffery was bought for 5M, making him the 2nd most expensive archer, and most expensive player on his team... his team ended dead last, obviously not making it to the playoffs.

I was bought for 5.25M, making me the most expensive archer and player in general... I got traded away for a combined value less than what I went for, and that team obviously benefited from it more, ending in 2nd place while we ended 3rd.

Moral of the story, if you think even the highest tiered archers are actually worth 4-5x that of average competitive players, you're mental. They're at most 2-2.75x. If you pay any more, you're now lacking the budget to buy a solid inf base and cav squad both of which are typically the majority composition of teams on closed and open maps respectively. If you think about it, no matter how good an archer is, if they end up with a team that goes down too fast because there was no budget left for them, then the archer doesn't even get time to shoot.

The 3 teams that spent the most on archers didn't even make it to playoffs. The team that won the tournament spent the least on archers than any other team, and spent the most on infantry than any other team. 2nd place was the second highest team to spend the most on its infantry, 3rd and 4th places followed suit. Do you see the pattern?

Should people like John and I pay more for ourselves than say you and Wastee? Yea, that makes sense. Should we be forced to spend a quarter of all our money just to pay ourselves off? LOL no, that's retarded. I think about 2.5x more compared to you would be fair. As things are right now, John and PPK pay 2.8x more for themselves compared to you, and I pay 3x more for myself than you. I think it's a little overboard, but w/e, close enough.

someone's gotta host a draft combine

your hilt's too slow? - draft stock
missed a bump lance? - draft stock
ineffective group fighting decisions? - draft stock
terrible load out choice? --- draft stock

Roberta_Baratheon said:

Considering he won the last wfl, while you were a walking, talking meme, I'd say he's the one to talk yeah.

Back
Top Bottom