Scene Development

Users who are viewing this thread

...and kudos for including the church in the scene.
I think that every European scene should have a church, since M. Ages were, as we all know, very religious times.

quapitty said:
Placeholder for central Europe.

mb6i.jpg

mb1tv.jpg
mb2dy.jpg
mb3n.jpg
mb4p.jpg
mb5m.jpg
mb1m.jpg
mb2om.jpg
mb3zb.jpg
mb4ha.jpg
mb5c.jpg
Defenders have a kind of "sally out" during siege, when the attackers have already gotten into the first yard. Will make the siege more challenging and interesting I think. You can see attackers queing on the ladder while defenders come from the right...
mb12yu.jpg

Great work!! Reminds me to Medieval 2 Total War. Well done

MihailoSRB said:
You see, you are getting old. Times are changing. We need some fresh scener-meat.
Someone with a bit more flare than you. Someone cool, to get in touch with the younger crowd.
Grandpa has been playing with your toys again...
mb1bho.jpg
He is looking for those damn trees though. Where the hell did I put them again.....

Found them after I put on my glases:
mb8i.jpg
mb12zl.jpg
mb10k.jpg
mb9p.jpg
mb7ea.jpg

Finished:
mb28v.jpg
mb27s.jpg
mb25r.jpg
mb24g.jpg
mb23e.jpg
mb22b.jpg
mb19v.jpg
mb14v.jpg
mb6h.jpg
mb25h.jpg
mb26g.jpg

The work is wonderful! I only think that during sieges, there must be more than one ladder. The way Native works, with only one ladder or only one Siege Tower, it ruins a lot of realism and gameplay. I think more historically accurate would be the use of 3-5 ladders and/or 1-2 siege towers simultaneously. Of course, if the engine allows it and someone knows how to do it without causing game breaking bugs.

I think quapitty (excuse me, if I'm wrong) had recently mentioned that with two ladders there's a... well, the defenders' behaviour in the game isn't as it should be - the defenders usually just gather in front of one ladder and leave the other mostly alone. Same with the attackers - they use mostly the nearest one. Imagine what it would be like with more than 2 ladders in the current state of the game - a real exploit-fest for the player.

That is actually what I was talking about. I have played with some siege expansion mod before and there was that exact problem - the second ladder was used only by me. I think that this kind of modding requires some serious engine programming to work right, but it definitely worth it.

You are right Nike, I even tested it.
And yes wildyracing - someone would have to change a lot of the game mechanics. Otherwise I am totaly against putting two ladders or more in. I only did it for "central Europe placeholder" (the one on top of this page) but in that case the ladders are close enough to keep defenders in front of both. The new castle doesn't even have one ladder yet - it is simply not finished...
About the rest, read here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214344.msg5408512.html#msg5408512

quapitty said:
Grandpa has been playing with your toys again...
mb1bho.jpg
He is looking for those damn trees though. Where the hell did I put them again...
Found them after I put on my glases:
mb8i.jpg
mb12zl.jpg
mb10k.jpg
mb9p.jpg
mb7ea.jpg
Man, you are really on a run! :smile:
But what is that castle? Is it a placeholder, and if it is, a placeholder for what region?
I really like the fact that there are both the river and the sea in this scene.
And the graves are a nice touch. Also, they do not bear any religious symbols, so they can represent the dead people of any religion.
Now, about the trees... :wink:

It's a placeholder for the Atlantic coast (France up north), Britain and even for some places at the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.
I updated some pics above - scene is finished so far - apart from the AI-Mesh....

Awesome indeed! I dream of a Villa with the similar view of the land- and seascape. If I had one now I would gladfully retire  :cool:. Without the graveyard if I may please...

Awesome3
quapitty said:
It's a placeholder for the Atlantic coast (France up north), Britain and even for some places at the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.
I updated some pics above - scene is finished so far - apart from the AI-Mesh....
Your screenshots are interesting because the weather on them is terrible, so it adds to the overall feeling that the castle is for the Northern coast. :smile:

MihailoSRB said:
Awesome3
quapitty said:
Your screenshots are interesting because the weather on them is terrible, so it adds to the overall feeling that the castle is for the Northern coast. :smile:
So you see what I have to deal here with  :mrgreen:

"There's nothing better than bad weather", as is the title of one of our old movies (and, funnily, it didn't even rhyme on Bulgarian). And in some cases I like some bad weathers myself. :wink:

Ahhh, I was unsatisfied with the view I got when entering Mercenary camp South/West/East. All I could see was a normal village. There had to be more! So I packed my hammer, shovel and tents and started digging (still lots of work to do).
Just wanted to give you a sneak preview.
mb3mz.jpg
mb4b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom