Saving private Ryan.

Will you jump in the fray for the sole purpose of saving your soldier?

• I always rush to save any endangered soldier no matter the risk.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will only do that if the risk is not too high.

• I will only do that for high-tier troops (knights, sergeants)

• I will just stand and watch them die.

• I will euthanize the my soldier by putting an arrow through his head :twisted:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Chose the option of saving a bloke if he's important. Chose wrong. I usually try to save everyone, expect on some occations I shoot my archers for not obeying my commands and instead of following me to the top of the hill and choosing to stay on the bottom of the pit where they're no use.

There isn't the option "I will save my comrad killing all of the opponents, than I justice him for his weakness" :grin:

I for one, will always recklessly endanger myself to save any of my troops, I just wish that they would do the same for me.
I'm sure they all hate me :cry:

like the military: "no man left behind".....unless its dark knights.. i just run around the map until i can get a safe retreat..

I usually kill the mobbers around the guy with my trusty war bow.
Unless it's Borcha, in that case I shoot him for revenge.

If i see a guy mobbed by a bunch of enemies, like 6 or 7, there's not much I can do to save them. The best thing I can hope for is to charge through them to stun them, knock them down and hopefully strike one with my axe.

When you're on foot though, and someone wonders out of your formation and gets surrounded, you can usually still get him saved if you're quick enough. Your guys tend to follow you, and if you manage to distract the enemies to focus on you instead, you can usually give the guy breathing space while your mates rush up to mob the enemies that venture too close.

I dont need to help my troops i have the battle size changer to 400 and i have 100 dark knights and i can attack a war party on over 200 and all dark knights get out alive.

I always try to save them regardless of their value. They won't get to Knight if I let them get gang-raped as a militiaman, after all. At least not unless it's for hazing purposes.

I know one thing: My little dudes have saved my butt many a time. I get unhorsed and find myself blocking a steady stream of blows from 6 or 7 guys chasing me, give the Charge or Follow Me order, and retreat under shield until I see the crowd of green names and they take the pressure off. Many times I've been saved that way.

After that, I figure I am only helping myself by helping them out.

The only time I let them get mobbed is when I'm trying to trim the party's fat and change from Swadian minions to Vaegir minions or some such. Seems more honorable to let them die in action rather than just sending them off with a sandwich and a pat on the rump after they've served me since peasantry.

Sprudel said:
[...]Seems more honorable to let them die in action rather than just sending them off with a sandwich and a pat on the rump after they've served me since peasantry.
ROTFLMAO - are you sure they might not prefer the sandwich and the pat on the rump???

DE

If a footman runs foolishly into 3+ enemies and gets torn apart, I'll ride by as fast as possible, knocking one unconcious and charging down the rest. The footman should have all the time in the world to retreat, and he will most likely do so. I'll do the same for hero units, peasants and knights. Who am I to judge the cost of a pixel?

bryce777 said:
My preferred tactic is to stab the enemy in the back while they are busy with my troops.
Yeah - I'm starting to get pretty good at sticking a throwing dagger in their heads while they are dancing with my troops :grin:
(although, I still miss once in a while and hit one of my guys :sad: LOL)

DE

As for Marnid and Borcha I'm tired of those two dumbasses ignoring my orders and charging straight into a mob of enemies and getting k.o.ed, it's good enough for 'em I say.

As for other troops I'll try and save 'em every time, even the pesants. I've usually got a fair chance of success. I run 'em over with my spirited changer and great lance. Usually it kills one and k.o.s at least one more on each run.

Professor Jumbo said:
As for Marnid and Borcha I'm tired of those two dumbasses ignoring my orders and charging straight into a mob of enemies and getting k.o.ed, it's good enough for 'em I say.

As for other troops I'll try and save 'em every time, even the pesants. I've usually got a fair chance of success. I run 'em over with my spirited changer and great lance. Usually it kills one and k.o.s at least one more on each run.

Yeah, it helps even if you don't k.o. them, when they fall it gives your soldier the timing advantage, he's more likely to get in the first strike, I had a peasant kill a dark knight that way once.

-Grocat the Brodingnagian

there isnt really much point for me to save my lower soldiers, but if my knights start falling i get real angry >_<

The way I see it is that if the soldier is weak enough to need saving he or she obviously does not deserve it. Nothing raises moral like letting your soldiers know they're expendable. :twisted:

while there busy with that guy, i kill the outer with my sword layer after layer till my knight is killed or free :cool:

I find that 8 times out of 10 the battle has a melee clash at the beginning, then fragments around the battlefield, which is great when you're on a horse. A mobbing will happen more often in difficult terrain in my experience. If this happens my charger will usually break up the feeble leg-users, and after the first pass, if my comrade is still in danger, the throwing axes will come out. I'll often risk a few close encounters with the mob on my horse, because they aren't likely to kill it immediately, and defeating this concentration of troops wins the battle for me anyways.

Back
Top Bottom