Saving private Ryan.

Will you jump in the fray for the sole purpose of saving your soldier?

• I always rush to save any endangered soldier no matter the risk.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will only do that if the risk is not too high.

• I will only do that for high-tier troops (knights, sergeants)

• I will just stand and watch them die.

• I will euthanize the my soldier by putting an arrow through his head :twisted:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

NikkTheTrick

Sergeant at Arms
Often, you will have one of your soldiers mobbed by enemies. A classical example is having your knight de-horsed in the midst of enemy infantry. Usualy, they end up dead unless someone intervenes.

You are on your horse nearby. If you ride past, slashing the enemies, you won't help - your knight will be killed too fast. The only option is to dismount and kill the enemies on foot. However, that is very risky since you dismount in the midst of enemies.

Do you usualy do that? Will you sacrafice yourself for a soldier even though the situation is near-hopeless and if you are knocked out more of your soldiers die.

Will you just stand by and watch your loyal minion torn to pieces?

I try to preserve my soldiers if possible but I'm no use to my company dead, either. If I die, more of my soldiers will also die so it may not be worth the risk.

Of course, I get my soldiers to dismount and hold as soon as a battle commences so they are the big mob of soldiers that make enemy soldiers dead. :smile:

My sergeants seem to be invincible, so i don't worry about them. I wish they could scream "I--AM--INVINNCCCCCIIIBLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" just like those doom knights in warlords battlecry 3 :twisted:

Since I use cheats and my current char is soloing it, no. Also he has 112 Vaegir Knights, Swordwomen and hired blades. Marnid + Borcha are currently taking care of them.

Maybe on Tuesday I'll create an island to put those guys on.

Chose the bottom option.... Only the weak die, and via survival of the fitest and my knight breeding program, allowing them (or helping them) do such is useful... :twisted:

I ram my charger into the enemy, wheel and do it again, while my lone troop hacks at the bodies of the scattered foes who find themselves knocked over again every time they gain their feet.

Sure, a Charger isn't very fast, nor particularly manoueverable, but boy oh boy do they make a mess of enemy formations, even relatively thick ones.

My sharpshooters are my prized possesions. I generally let my knights go and die, I just don't want my sharpshooters getting hurt. When one of my sharpshooters gets killed I take it personally.

Most of the time, though, I'll jump into any odds to save a mobbed comrade. It usually works out.

I also noticed that my soldiers will often come to my rescue when I get mobbed on foot. Very cool.

If my troops get mobbed, I say "eeexcellent..." in a Mr Burns voice and just shoot arrows into the throng not caring who gets killed.

If my comrade is close enough that I can reach him/her, AND I don'y have somebody more important to kill ATM - I will attack from rear or flank - two-to-one (or better) odds are always desirable and should be taken advantage of if possible.

So NO I won't be standing there watching - if I have nothing else to kill - I will be assisting.

BUT - while they are my comrades in arms - they are my hired men. The know the risks and I pay them for it. I will not endanger the mission, myself, nor any of the other men - just to try and save one of them.

Again, it all depends on the circumstances - I have charged my heavy warhorse into a group of ememies mobbing my men - it is very satisfying. But I do it because the enemy are pre-occupied and they make a great target (and I don't do it with lightly armored horses either - learned THAT lesson the hard way *grin*).

DE

Mm.
If i'm knocking some important target unconcious it makes me speed up a bit and I try my best to run over and help him as soon as possible.

Normally though, if I see it I ride through the formation and try to kill and distract as many of them as possible and hopefully save the unit, and if despite my best efforts he is still killed, I end killing them all anyway and claiming vengance.
I don't like it when my people get pwnt.

I have shot my own guys in the head a couple times, like when they kill that nobleman >_<. But with healing skills of 10 they don't die easily.

DevinC said:
I ram my charger into the enemy, wheel and do it again, while my lone troop hacks at the bodies of the scattered foes who find themselves knocked over again every time they gain their feet.

Sure, a Charger isn't very fast, nor particularly manoueverable, but boy oh boy do they make a mess of enemy formations, even relatively thick ones.

Amen to that, perhaps you should try a spirited one!! (13000 denars)!!!!!!

Knights are not useful dead. Better me gets a little flesh wound from a throwing axe than my knight gets killed by some dagger-weaving peasant.

As for peasants, hell, I don't care. Just happy to get rid of them so I can upgrade my other units.

I'll save any and all my units If I see them getting mobbed...Even Marnid or Borcha. More of my men means less of theirs and a faster time killing everything!

Power to the peasants! :smile:

Yea, if its like vaegir knight or horseman, il save him. Depends what soldier it is, if its some peasant i let him die.

if they can't look after themselves they are more of a liability. if they die it is their fault. is their a mod where you can eat your own men? i usually put my good men on the castle and those who have let me down (eg the knight that fell unconious last battle) follow me in to a lot of battles until they die. if they survive i lead them to another hell... but proberly not back.

I save them, if i see an encircled knight of mine in between some annoying river pirates i take my sword of war and crush the bastards.
Get's me in trouble sometimes but i dont wanna live forever ^^

Back
Top Bottom