Resolved Saving Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Seems to be a problem with 1.42 - reverted to 1.41 and was able to both save and load.

BTW - my game crashes completely - it doesn't give any "submit crash form" notice, but it stays active both in the "Task Manager" and in the Steam library (even though I'm launching around Steam due to being unable to launch from launcher). However, the game notices that it has crashed, since it asks me to start in "safe mode" when I launch it again.

Any way - keep up the good work. Let me know if I can somehow send you a crash-log file or other help.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Updated drivers (NVIDIA), OS (Windows 10), allowed Bannerlord through security and firewall, verified game files through Steam - and got the same problem - unable to create save file. Didn't get a crash, didn't get a .tmp file. Just a message in-game "unable to create save".

Can't wait for you to fix this issue, so I can try out your post 1.42 versions...

Updated drivers (NVIDIA), OS (Windows 10), allowed Bannerlord through security and firewall, verified game files through Steam - and got the same problem - unable to create save file. Didn't get a crash, didn't get a .tmp file. Just a message in-game "unable to create save".

Can't wait for you to fix this issue, so I can try out your post 1.42 versions...

Bump.

Does anyone have a theory as to why it happens to most of us after we update to a new Beta? (for me it was from 1.42 onwards - before that no problems, but I know other people have had the same issue from other beta numbers)
If it is on our part (i.e. because of our Firewall/Virus programs) wouldn't it have been an issue from 1.0?

Hello, please make sure that the game is on the controlled folder access allowed apps list in your security software. Well-known security software that may be tied with the issue is Windows Defender. If you are using Windows Defender:- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
- Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.
- Click the Add an allowed app button.
You might also want to check out this page for more info.
Please let me know if any of these helps you with the issue.

I know, thank you. I've tried it all.

First I just allowed Bannerlord through (as per your advice) still no save games - then I disabled ALL security app: Still the same issue: 1.41 or lower saves fine - 1.42 or later does not create a save file, and after Taleworld "fixed" the auto-save, I no longer get a .tmp file either.

Whatever changed from 1.41 to 1.42 ruined saves for me.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom