Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Brylanbbab

Recruit
Summary: I have had this problem for over half a year on multiple versions, but about every 3 times I save the game my entire PC crashes and restarts (black screens) and it honestly is starting to feel like a random chance of crashing or saving. I have tried fixing perms and drivers along with a full reinstall on another hard drive yet it still occurs.
How to Reproduce: Save the game at any location or time, I have tested it a lot and it seems to not be a consistent place or event.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None along with no mods
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: 497.09 (Just updated to test fix)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: AMD X570 Chipset
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB M.2 SSD (Also tried on 8TB External)

Hey, its high unlikely for the game to force your pc to restart. This sounds more like a hardware issue. Can you please check if your CPU and GPU drivers are up to date? And please keep an eye on the heat of the hardware as you play the restart could be rooted from overheating. If everything works as they should be and the issue is persistent, please let me know.

Hey, its high unlikely for the game to force your pc to restart. This sounds more like a hardware issue. Can you please check if your CPU and GPU drivers are up to date? And please keep an eye on the heat of the hardware as you play the restart could be rooted from overheating. If everything works as they should be and the issue is persistent, please let me know.
I have in fact updated my drivers just a few days ago and the problem was still there, the temps are actually pretty low overall and again it only happens when I save and only in this game for some reason. This problem has persisted for about half a year or so now though multiple game and driver versions. I have asked a lot of friends and other tech people about what it may be but to no avail so I have ended here.

Hey, if the crash uploader triggers after the crash please send a dump and send the crash ID as well. Meanwhile i will ask the devs about the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Back
Top Bottom