Saves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I would like an option to name your saves and them not overwriting the latest save.
I at least like to have a "basic" save and then explore different "careers" from there.

Regards, Oldtimer

It seems like a pretty minor consideration to me. For those that want it, it would be useful to be able to save multiple copies of the same character (of course, renaming your character allows this already).

You should explain how to do that, (I don't remember it right now) Someone will ask it anyway.

Hugglez!
=^-^=Jerky=^-^=

I could see it as a third alternative to the realistic/unrealistic setting that you pick at the start. Nothing to waste a lot of time on, though.

Personaly, I like the saving system the way it is.

The only thing I would like to see added to it is the option to have a persistant character with statistics that carry over across mods. At the moment, there's only one character that I'm using and I import him into any mods that I start, and export him again once I move on to a new mod. If there was a function to do this automatically, it would be very convenient.

Paradukes said:
The only thing I would like to see added to it is the option to have a persistant character with statistics that carry over across mods. At the moment, there's only one character that I'm using and I import him into any mods that I start, and export him again once I move on to a new mod. If there was a function to do this automatically, it would be very convenient.
If that happens, then the cash value of all the items in the inventory should be added to your denar total.

I agree 100%.

There is just no reason for this kind of save system, which is stupid.  it offers nothing at all - I play without reloading my saves anyhow, but it is highly annoying for them to get corrupted (which has happened several times to me) and it is annoying I can't create a save that skips past the initial grind to build up a party and then just start over using it when I feel like a new game.

Pretty much every modern game out there uses a freeform save system, and there is a reason for that!

At the same time, I'm sure that people here who wouldn't find it useful and wouldn't utilize it, (myself included) would not loose out on anything if it is incorporated either.. I don't see any reason NOT to add it in if it's a matter of an extra few lines of code which wouldn't take long - even though I myself find it pointless.

Obviously a different matter if that requires re-writing the whole code, but I don't see why people would argue against something that would not affect them whatsoever ::\

I like the save system as it is now. Since, there is work around for those who want multiple saves (I did sometimes), I don't think the save system will be changed.

The only thing that I might want is a seperate slot for autosave (just in case).

bryce777 said:
I can't create a save that skips past the initial grind to build up a party and then just start over using it when I feel like a new game.
You could always create a mod to do just that. It wouldn't be too tricky,  just add a bunch of troops to the players party at game start.
Pretty much every modern game out there uses a freeform save system, and there is a reason for that!
Not all of them, though most offer an option. The big problem is how your going to integrate seperate saves for each character into the six save slots.

You're all fools.

If all you want is to make a simple, as you put it, "base" character, and explore from there, use the Character Import/Export feature.

Simple as that.

Archonsod said:
bryce777 said:
I can't create a save that skips past the initial grind to build up a party and then just start over using it when I feel like a new game.
You could always create a mod to do just that. It wouldn't be too tricky,  just add a bunch of troops to the players party at game start.
Not all of them, though most offer an option. The big problem is how your going to integrate seperate saves for each character into the six save slots.

The mod suggestion is ridiculous because I would have to do that for every mod I want to play.  The few games that have fixed slots usualy have them as an addition

You already said that.

I think you should be given 3 choices. The ones we have now, and a freeform save system.

Ok, first I have to start by saying that I dont know if I am supposed to place this suggestion here.
But... I would like to use my save files from previous versions of the game on the new ones.

Back
Top Bottom