Sarranid Mameluke is overpowered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't know about you, guys, but I have never met more than 30 Mamelukes at a time. Something is wrong with my game. I assume that's because I play at around 40% difficulty.

xSanGuinEx said:
Don't know about you, guys, but I have never met more than 30 Mamelukes at a time. Something is wrong with my game. I assume that's because I play at around 40% difficulty.

Could be.  Depending on what your campaign AI is, it will influence the reinforcement numbers.

wakko2k said:
five words... Swadian Knights are also OP...
Not when they are dehorsed. Mamlukes destroy my Rhodok sergeants even when I defend a castle against them. Swadian Knights don't. I could hold a castle against infinite numbers of Swadians but Sarranids always break through at the first assault.

Wurzelmann said:
wakko2k said:
five words... Swadian Knights are also OP...
Not when they are dehorsed. Mamlukes destroy my Rhodok sergeants even when I defend a castle against them. Swadian Knights don't. I could hold a castle against infinite numbers of Swadians but Sarranids always break through at the first assault.

Tried it extensively yesterday. Seems that Nords behave really better than Rhodoks vs cav because of throwing weapons. Yet if you add a small proportion of sharpshooters (between 15 and 15%) BEHIND your shield wall, they do better than the nord because enemies get attack by 3 ranks of troop + sharshooters at once. Must admit though that it is MUCH easier with packed nords.

As per the fact that they are not good at stoping enemies, I would say that they don't use their pike with trusts but with overheads => very efficient when the horse is stopped because it kills the horseman quite fast but not good at all when they are charging. It would be a major gameplay improvement to modify their IA.

I would say if you want to beat them in melee hire some Swadian knights or Nord huscarls, they'll take em down quick. Mamlukes are powerful but they were meant to be, in history Mamluks were fairly good warriors.

BloodyGlaives said:
I would say if you want to beat them in melee hire some Swadian knights or Nord huscarls, they'll take em down quick. Mamlukes are powerful but they were meant to be, in history Mamluks were fairly good warriors.
Everyone knows that a heavy armoured, horsearching superfighter-character (archery + great winged helmet  :roll:) leading an army consisting of Huscarls, Swadian Knights and Sharpshooters/Marksmen destroys everything. It's the ultimate noob way of playing M&B!

BloodyGlaives said:

but also underwent rigoreus training to become such good warriors --> reduce their numbers or make the other factions have evenly much elite units in their parties.

Wurzelmann said:
BloodyGlaives said:
Everyone knows that a heavy armoured, horsearching superfighter-character (archery + great winged helmet  :roll:) leading an army consisting of Huscarls, Swadian Knights Sarranid Mamlukes and Sharpshooters/Marksmen destroys everything. It's the ultimate noob way of playing M&B!

Corrected :razz:

personally i have no idea what you guys are talking about, Rhodocks, seem to rape EVERYTHING, well they do have probs with nords (for obvious reasons), but an army of spearmen anything on a horse just can't compete, then the rest of the problems are solved with their crossbows or their new sergeants. and i've gone up against a heap of sarranid armies (i must hate them cause they are new...or their turbans etc arn't black(ninja style or something)). if you don't like the Rhodocks then alot of infantry will slow down the horsemen and then completely surrounding them and thus raping them

Theodoriph said:
The Mamluke is not overpowered. It's balanced nicely with the fact that the Sarranid infantry are subpar. Sure the Lords carry a few more of them than others (I wish other factions had more of their top tier), but they also carry loads of pathetic (by other factions standards) bowmen and infantry.

As for the comment about using them in sieges, it's best not to. Mamlukes are not that great on foot, which is why the fact that a lot of them spawn on desert horses is a big knock against them. Those horses go down fast, leaving a bunch of your "cavalry" running around on foot.

As for the subject of the thread:

The Kherjit suck. The AI doesn't use them properly. It did once I've heard, but then people complained that they were getting owned by Kherjit, so they nerfed the circling tactic the Kherjit used.

in my opinion, nerfing the khergit circling tactic was the stupidest thing to do. khergits are pretty much total **** when AI controlled without that, skirmishing is their strength after all >.<

lord of the sith lords said:
personally i have no idea what you guys are talking about, Rhodocks, seem to rape EVERYTHING, well they do have probs with nords (for obvious reasons), but an army of spearmen anything on a horse just can't compete, then the rest of the problems are solved with their crossbows or their new sergeants. and i've gone up against a heap of sarranid armies (i must hate them cause they are new...or their turbans etc arn't black(ninja style or something)). if you don't like the Rhodocks then alot of infantry will slow down the horsemen and then completely surrounding them and thus raping them
really? i cant stop a 40-man mamluk charge with 25 vet spears and 15 sergeants of my own along with the entire rhodok host >.<

my side had an overwhelming advantage over the sarranid army, was like 200 sarranids vs half the rhodok host: 750 (the others were idk... wankin in the corner? licking their wounds?) those mamluks cut down that army to less than 450.. our spears and crossbows made short work of the sarranid footmen but the mamluks wrecked our ****. had 4 different calls for reinforcements because of them. luckly for the marshall, my men and king graveth's men took the brunt of the charge, each of us losing at least 40 men before the battle was over T_T. mamluks are too cheap, swadian knights should have lances more often or just as often as mamluks.

Against Mamlukes , use Swadian Knight/ Man at Arms. Swadian Knight is stronger than one Mamluk. Try it out by yourself.

Umm it depends on his equiptment Shanehere if you get lucky and get an uber kitted out knight he nearly unstoppable (while on his horse) if not it's a close fight.

As for Rhodoks IMO there Sharpshooters are better than most of there infantry only there sergeants are better according to stat listings (+2 iron and +1 PS) ok a veteran spearman has better armour but he got $%&$! weapons, looking at the stats I would take an army of 100% sharpshooters as my ultimate Rhodok army. Oh BTW a Rhodok sharpshooter got better guaranteed stats than a swadian knight or a Mamaluke! only thing lacking is melee weapon proficiency which is 20 points lower what ever that does.

The Darklord said:
Umm it depends on his equiptment Shanehere if you get lucky and get an uber kitted out knight he nearly unstoppable (while on his horse) if not it's a close fight.

As for Rhodoks IMO there Sharpshooters are better than most of there infantry only there sergeants are better according to stat listings (+2 iron and +1 PS) ok a veteran spearman has better armour but he got $%&$! weapons, looking at the stats I would take an army of 100% sharpshooters as my ultimate Rhodok army. Oh BTW a Rhodok sharpshooter got better guaranteed stats than a swadian knight or a Mamaluke! only thing lacking is melee weapon proficiency which is 20 points lower what ever that does.

Doesn't matter about melee skill.  I suspect 20 points is negligible.  Over half of the devils pack hammers, the great equalizers.

Back
Top Bottom