Same tier cavalry units are stronger even on foot

Users who are viewing this thread

Razdv

Veteran
I tested in some custom battles. Even on foot cavalry units mostly are well equipped and trained to deal with specialized infantry. So 400 melee (f5 "dismount" from start of battle) imperial cavalry vs 400 imperial melee infantry was win of "cavalry". Same for other factions. This makes me sad because i love to play infantry myself with infantry heavy army using tactics and formations and maneuveres. It is always better to take all your units to mounted in current situation. I'm using cavalry for utility and flanking how it is supposed to be, but not for main force.

Tasted some custom battles with 0,5x of horsemen vs 1,0x footmen. Seems balanced. Horsemen wins quite often with low losses.
Link on battle statistics screenshot is below. As you see on screen my tier 3 cavalry were on foot and crushed enemy tier 3 footmen with 361 kills against 173 kills even with enemy general. I did nothing in battle, so infantry get a little help more from their general, but it is negligible.

Second test is 200 mounted cavalry units vs 400 infantry. Cavalry won by high margin killed 400 (4 hundred) and lost only 16 (sixteen) units! Link to second screenshot is below.

Yes, yes cavalry supposed to be very strong and effective! But must be some limitation to have as much cavalry as infantry units. In single player of course.
My suggestion is to increase army capacity requirement for mounted units to 2 from 1 (1 for a rider and 1 for a horse). Also it is more hystorically accurate because of horsemen were aristocracy mostly. Regular soldiers weren't provided by horses.

So if your army capacity is 100 you will be able to take 100 infantry units or 50 mounted units or 50 infantry and 25 mounted etc.

Sorry for my English.

How to Reproduce: play custom battles with different army composition described above. Or hire cavalry only and dominate everyone in single player.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): none
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Sorry something wrong with my uploading screenshots on forum :sad:

Version: 1.1.0 beta
Computer Specs
:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4 GB
CPU: Intel Core I5 3570k
RAM: 8 GB
Motherboard: Forgot and lazy to see, sorry. I doubt it is important here :smile:))
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD also forgot type :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom