[S] Terra Aeterna for Warband 1.134 (BETA 0.50) ~~NEW~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Very nice approach! I would very much like to help you, as a fellow Romanian, but at the moment I am very much in the impossibility of doing it (at least until the end of the Summer)... However, since it seems you are also tied up for the moment, we may see to it at a later time. I can texture a few things, have done a bunch of stuff for Oblivion and Morrowind and ported some to M&B.

Here's my favourite work, Frazetta's Death Dealer Helmet, Axe and Shield (original meshes mostly by myself - ported from a never released Oblivion mod - textured and bump mapped by yours truly), as well as an armor retexture to match the others:
mb1-2.jpg
mb2-2.jpg

If interested in this kind of stuff, we can discuss over the Summer and see what we can do together.

Pana atunci, succes la examene!
PKR.

Great mode dude. Just came here by to tell you congratulations and good luck with your project, you just won me as a faithfull player and supporter =D  :mrgreen:

Rad said:
I have a question I joined to Amazonians but they still don't wage any war against any faction and for that reason I had to start invade some faction because of boredom. Is it a chance or some intent?  :???:

I started playing I the first game message I got is Amazons declared war on Swadia! (though I had turn on Cheatmenu for debugging, most likely this switches something on)

Sounds interesting.
As for weapons there could be anything given that it's fantasy based, as long as they fit in to mount and blade (best to make sure there's a counter for everything, as there's nothing worse than knowing you can kill everything with your horde of X).

There will be a counter to everything... anyway, future release will be different from this one... there will be new factions to battle or join, new parties on the map (some of them will be very strong in numbers and best to avoid by the player in early stages...).

Great mode dude. Just came here by to tell you congratulations and good luck with your project, you just won me as a faithfull player and supporter =D  :mrgreen:

Thank you very much... Project will go on, despite the fact that i have awfull lots of things to do in the following 2 months, i might find a day per week to look a little at the mod and make an extra thing or two.

I started playing I the first game message I got is Amazons declared war on Swadia! (though I had turn on Cheatmenu for debugging, most likely this switches something on)

Swadia starts at war with Rhodoks. if Swadia gains much advantage, Amazonia declare war against to "to curb down their power". This type of cassus belli was put by developers in order to keep balanced the diplomacy.
Here's my favourite work, Frazetta's Death Dealer Helmet, Axe and Shield (original meshes mostly by myself - ported from a never released Oblivion mod - textured and bump mapped by yours truly), as well as an armor retexture to match the others:

Ro: Salut, îmi place mult ceea ce ai facut. Orice armură nouă este binevenită, mai ales armuri de Paladin sau Cavaler al Întunericului  :grin:. Sper să terminăm cu bine examenele.

En: Hy i like verz much what you have done. All new armours are welcome, especiallz Paladin or Dark Knight Armours. Hope we finish the exams well ! :grin:

This game needs Hunting mod.

It will have it inserted. I already study the source code for it.

OK, so there has been some minor work done in these week, altough i worked only for a day or two. The map of Clau24 was succsesfully implemented, you will see some screenshots with it, and some more, but again, keep in mind this is DirectX 7 with lower settings. My PC really cannot handle DX9 - considering the fact that my country was hit by one of the worst economyc crisis ever, it is unlikely i will upgrade my PC too soon  :grin:.

New map screenshots, aproximately 2X native in size.

Deep inside the lands of the Amazonia

I have cheated to take this shot. This is the Najarha Rift. WIP, you will find many interesting places here in later releases.

Again cheated for this shot. This is the Barra River, the homeland of the Arzawans, farr into the southern reaches of the Desert...

10 000 years ago, when the glaciers retreated in the nord, lakes remained... the northern lands are harsh, and its people as well.

Some new troops you will likely meet on battlefield in future release...

More to come...

Alexandru_cel_Mare said:

Swadia starts at war with Rhodoks. if Swadia gains much advantage, Amazonia declare war against to "to curb down their power". This type of cassus belli was put by developers in order to keep balanced the diplomacy.

I know that but it happened on day 2 and there was no battle messages at all (no X defeated messages) though as I stated I usually turn on the "cheat menu" on game start after having a few men get stuck (in the "map holes" and once outside the playable map edge, avoids the horrible auto-resolve).

Well I can see it's progressing slowly.

I just wanted to say this mod has been a ball to play so far. The new map screen shots look fantastic.  I can hardly wait for the next verison of it.  Thanks for the work and please keep at it as you can.

just a peek for some items
mb18.jpg
axe and mace for now..i didnt put them on troops iet as is Alex's mod(and is his job to chose what items to put ingame)
il apreciate feedback for the 2 items(more are made but this is all il show for now)

Dreezy said:
are you planing on making a musket warfare based faction?

As a player I think it would unbalance things. Either because it could become too overpowered, since a musket shot is around 60dmg when an arrow has limited dmg, or too weak when fighting against a cavalry based troops.

Anyway I enjoy this option very much of the muskets being limited to certain troop classes, so you dont have an all musket army. But, putting muskets in the Arms Merchant, and ammo as well, would improve gameplay.
1 Question to you Alexandru! Will you improve the armor rating of the new armors you made, or you will keep it that way to keep it balanced? What I mean is, will you increase the armor of each uniform, for example Crude Mosnean Armor which is +34 +15, so it can have more or less the same armor as the native armors have ( mail hauberk, etc ). Because since they have low armor compairing to native armors, for the same price we can buy a much better armor with more body armor from the Native Gear, making the new armors obsolete.
2. Suggestion to you Alexandru! Put more weapoooooooooooons :grin:DDDDDDD Can't stop loving the new weapons you put in the mod, more weapons with cool design = more fun.

Good Luck and keep up with the great job!

Great mod, i am at about day 100 now and started to notice one thing. The economy is dead. Why? I gues because there are no caravans Oo (not in my game anyway) Other then that i am really loving it :smile: Keep up the good work!

I just wanted to say this mod has been a ball to play so far. The new map screen shots look fantastic.  I can hardly wait for the next verison of it.  Thanks for the work and please keep at it as you can.

Thank you very much for support. Next version will also have completely overhauled troop trees for native factions as well.

are you planing on making a musket warfare based faction?
As a player I think it would unbalance things. Either because it could become too overpowered, since a musket shot is around 60dmg when an arrow has limited dmg, or too weak when fighting against a cavalry based troops.

At the current moment, i am not thinking of only musket based company. But the world of Calradia in my Mod, is a world in change, subject to numerous influences from outside. Some factions, more open to novelty and innovations in the military art, will use more musket troops than others who for different reasons might not use them at all. Factions with no muskets will have, howewer, better archers, and will be capable of fighing succsesffuly against firearms.  But a full musket faction will probably not be inserted into the mod, at least not in the next release, altough you will likely meet some hostile roaming parties using mainly muskets...

Anyway I enjoy this option very much of the muskets being limited to certain troop classes, so you dont have an all musket army. But, putting muskets in the Arms Merchant, and ammo as well, would improve gameplay.

There are already in to buy from shops. Limiting of their usage to certain classes will be mantained.

1 Question to you Alexandru! Will you improve the armor rating of the new armors you made, or you will keep it that way to keep it balanced? What I mean is, will you increase the armor of each uniform, for example Crude Mosnean Armor which is +34 +15, so it can have more or less the same armor as the native armors have ( mail hauberk, etc ). Because since they have low armor compairing to native armors, for the same price we can buy a much better armor with more body armor from the Native Gear, making the new armors obsolete

Thank you, this is good idea. There will be a balance in armours, too.

muskets ruin it shouldnt be any muskets ever

Why ? Ar they too strong ?

2. Suggestion to you Alexandru! Put more weapoooooooooooons :grin:DDDDDDD Can't stop loving the new weapons you put in the mod, more weapons with cool design = more fun.

Clau is already working on a set of new, specific weapons for this mod. Number of weapons will be increased because in next version come a faction, very different from the ones already existing.

Great mod, i am at about day 100 now and started to notice one thing. The economy is dead. Why? I gues because there are no caravans Oo (not in my game anyway

Glad you enjoy it. I know of this issue, as caravan trade routes have not been perfected, caravan trade is preety rare. City income is made mostly by villages, who are not very numerous at the moment. The Amazon cities have little acces to caravan trade as of the moment. I did not insist very much on this matter because anyway, in new version we have larger and different map, trade routes will be altered.

Glad you enjoy it. I know of this issue, as caravan trade routes have not been perfected, caravan trade is preety rare. City income is made mostly by villages, who are not very numerous at the moment. The Amazon cities have little acces to caravan trade as of the moment. I did not insist very much on this matter because anyway, in new version we have larger and different map, trade routes will be altered.

Thanks for the reply :smile: Cant wait untill the next version!

Hey I just defeated an amazon army, ( with cavalry ofc ), and for my surprise in the loot there were 3 amazon heads  :lol: Is this on purpose? Like, they can be used has helmets, and by doing so, I can actually look like a woman if I am dressed with an amazon armor  :mrgreen: Kinda gay isn't it?
Anyway the idea of looting the enemies heads, is a good one, you should think about using that idea to cooller things besides using the heads as helmets. Like for example, making a quest giver, who is a man revengefull towards the amazons, and wants you to kill as much amazons as you can, and for a proof of that you must bring him their heads.... I'm just brainstorming here, don't take me wrong  :twisted:

EDIT: Ok its 5:32 am in my country and after 2 hours of studying, I am playing your mod x) So what I found was a script error which makes troop names appear in character section, so I see an amazon huntress, amazon girl being vassals, when in reality they are no more than troops. SO clearly it is a script error. Here it is: SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2330: Invalid Party ID: -1; LINE NO: 134:
At Script : game_get_troop_note.

Well I'm off to bed now, there are some issues with the faction interface too, ( for example, player faction doesn't appear in factions info [ at least in my game, but can't confirm that 100%, since when I checked for that my only castle was already been taken, anyway its an easy thing for you to check in a min or two] ) Anyway I am aware that in the next patch, many things will change including new factions, so this faction interface issue, is probably a minor thing that wont appear in the next patch, but that troop error may occur again. Last thing, in some armor merchants there is a texture from an armor called " turk " something, can't recall the name atm, and it says it gives error, so neither can you see the armor nor buy/use it.

And again, good luck with your mod, this is really great mod, full with potencial, and I think you and a good crew can make this the best singplayer warband mod. Good night  :cool:

Alexandru_cel_Mare said:
muskets ruin it shouldnt be any muskets ever
Why ? Ar they too strong ?

I think his problem is this, he thinking of the guns already in other mods, and the gun = uber kill everything in 5 seconds weapon. There's easy ways of making them useful but not all powerful killing machines namely accuracy and reload speed, see hand cannon in the black sky mod (its useful but it weak vs single units due to it's low accuracy) that the kind of firearm that would fit in nicely (as it was the first type of firearm used, and was used in the late middle ages, the Royal Armoury has one dating to this time period, and "The earliest authenticated document for the use of cannons in Europe is an order by the council of Florence to employ masters for the making of iron arrows and balls and "cannones de metallo" on February 11th, 1326." link; http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~dispater/handgonnes.htm)
One thing to note it was inferior to the crossbow unless the target wearing plate, slower RoF and lower accuracy but cheaper to produce and easy to use.

no mustkets never fit the theme of the times what happend i downloaded the mod and there were no factions the game was just the regular game

Hmm, are you sure everything is ok ? New factions are in center, to the south and to the west.

Hey I just defeated an amazon army, ( with cavalry ofc ), and for my surprise in the loot there were 3 amazon heads  :lol: Is this on purpose? Like, they can be used has helmets, and by doing so, I can actually look like a woman if I am dressed with an amazon armor  :mrgreen: Kinda gay isn't it?
Anyway the idea of looting the enemies heads, is a good one, you should think about using that idea to cooller things besides using the heads as helmets. Like for example, making a quest giver, who is a man revengefull towards the amazons, and wants you to kill as much amazons as you can, and for a proof of that you must bring him their heads.... I'm just brainstorming here, don't take me wrong  :twisted:

It is on purpose.... there are already in Headhuntresses, there might be some missions to include headhunting. Thank you for your good sugestions ! :wink:

EDIT: Ok its 5:32 am in my country and after 2 hours of studying, I am playing your mod x) So what I found was a script error which makes troop names appear in character section, so I see an amazon huntress, amazon girl being vassals, when in reality they are no more than troops. SO clearly it is a script error. Here it is: SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2330: Invalid Party ID: -1; LINE NO: 134:

This is an old error coming with a warband patch, it is surprising to see it is still here, but it will be corected in the next version. As farr as i know, this error may also appear when you attempt to give centers to the lords once you make your own faction.

Thank you for positive feedback !

I think his problem is this, he thinking of the guns already in other mods, and the gun = uber kill everything in 5 seconds weapon. There's easy ways of making them useful but not all powerful killing machines namely accuracy and reload speed, see hand cannon in the black sky mod (its useful but it weak vs single units due to it's low accuracy) that the kind of firearm that would fit in nicely (as it was the first type of firearm used, and was used in the late middle ages, the Royal Armoury has one dating to this time period, and "The earliest authenticated document for the use of cannons in Europe is an order by the council of Florence to employ masters for the making of iron arrows and balls and "cannones de metallo" on February 11th, 1326." link; http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~dispater/handgonnes.htm)
One thing to note it was inferior to the crossbow unless the target wearing plate, slower RoF and lower accuracy but cheaper to produce and easy to use.

I agree, muskets are a little bit off the balance. Their accuracy and their power will be reduced in next version... As well as their reloading speed (pistols will be howewer faster at reloading, but even less accurate).

The usage of the musket in the Mod is justified because the land of Calradia, as a continent, is not alone on that planet, there are many more island and continents across the seas, some of them containing somewhat more advanced countries using different fightings styles. Muskets came in Calradia via trade, howewer they are not that popular because most Calradians somewhat are more conservatory in terms of military and political structures alike.

I like these muskets just because for their efficiency but if you will reduce their capabilities I will be compelling to return to my bow again. It would be nice if muskets provided a little more fumes. But I would do all the firearms a little precious because all these knightly weapons and armors and fireams a little contradict to each other. So I would let these firearms as something a little precious and as some new invention because if you would compose your mod to the time of great discoveris in 15th and 16th century for example, these armors and all gears should look a little differently. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom