S.M.A.R.D. Points (SP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did play against them, but you weren't considered to be the best ranger in the game. I'd say you were the best ranger this WNL actually, but we know the end of the story.

Yeah feel free to use it for your list as well, maybe you can win next vote then! :cool:

man in you list like 90% active players, who watch this topics xD

My list more old players, who dont watchins this treads,  its all  :fruity:

PS: you say like I am the best now, but if I am banned....my skill left for me wtf xD Now you have chance win WNL ye  :fruity:

We only have 30 players in each category, probably more active players in your list than in SMARD Points. And I'm pretty sure you have everyone we got in our list in yours as well. :smile:

They probably just don't understand how someone who has stopped playing Native in 2010 can be at 100 points in two categories. :wink:

Yes, because they have seen their level of player, they can draw a comparison between their play and the era they played in, and they know how successful they were. What are your points for R3ad? That he kills noobs in crpg with top armor and a twohander? How relevant for a Native all time list, lol.

man, you come in 2012 or somethink, if you dont know its your problem.

You wrote in list players like Kaltvien LordWilly Crashday, you just never know and see them xD
I do not want to write anything here,  so good luck :fruity:

This list is pretty useless because it gives too much importance to winning tournaments as opposed to the players actual skill. So if a very good player happens to be on a lower tier team hell be underrated. Bendetto's list is much better just for this reason imo.
For example Scar, you are not a 99 infantry, you just don't compare to the likes of Blacktide or M. But hey, you've won so much cuz you're in AE, better give yourself those sweet points!

The problem with your post Dawnut is that it seems filled of rage and anger, like nearly every stuff you write on forums, which gives way less impacts to your arguments.

A list is not useless, you find it useless. That makes a complete difference.

Rather than attacking Scar on the ranking he has, why don't you back it up with valid arguments? Scar is considered as one of the best german infantry, and has one of the best infantry in the world. Maybe not the very best, but still an excelent player which has nothing yet to prove. This is not something I write because I think it is like that, it something that many people of this community think, and always write on forums for exemple when it comes to describe Scar.

Bendetto's list is much better just for this reason imo.

Bendetto's list is indeed a good and fairly accurate list of the average level however I cannot take seriously a list which include in every single tier a russian player at its top, while a russian team never ever won a major tournament.

Yet, I don't come on Benny's topic to show him how "useless" his list can be. I leave him his opinion, cause at the end, it's just a f****** list.

In term of All Time List, I find Scar's one pretty accurate, more than Bendetto's one. But maybe am I just not old enough to judge the skill of all those pro russian players. Still waiting to see Scar's 2015 list anyway.

Not to mention that it's a lot easier to stand-out when you are playing against a bunch of people under your skill level, that's why taking into account actual success and the people you've had to face on the way are pretty good factors to throw in there.

I can recall many times where a group of generally unskilled players spot someone that they see as a god, but then when said person is put up against an actual top tier player... they get absolutely stomped. Perhaps there is someone on a lower tier team who can stand up against top tier players... but... how exactly would you measure that accurately if they've never been able show it in an official setting?

List is useless. This is an opinion, of course, so what you're saying is not needed.
Don't be so afraid of a negative opinion on your loved players.
Why should I back up Scar not being 99 when he doesn't back up anything at all either? Thats funny. I can just make a list and put scores on a person and if someone dares question it, he better backs it up.
From my experience playing against him is enough for me to make a solid
opinion. I am pretty sure I know much more about him gamewise than you do, tardet.
I kinda dislike how he dismisses Bendetto's arguments, un a generally pricky manner, hence the sarcastic tone!

valent69 said:
Not to mention that it's a lot easier to stand-out when you are playing against a bunch of people under your skill level, that's why taking into account actual success and the people you've had to face on the way are pretty good factors to throw in there.

I can recall many times where a group of generally unskilled players spot someone that they see as a god, but then when said person is put up against an actual top tier player... they get absolutely stomped. Perhaps there is someone on a lower tier team who can stand up against top tier players... but... how exactly would you measure that accurately if they've never been able show it in an official setting?

You imply these veryy good players on lower tier teams don't play against better teams? They do, they play un oficial tournaments yknow, and they get good scores, that's how you tell they're good.

I mean you could use the argument that the only reason so and so have won tournies because they're on a good team but it should occur to you that those particular players are the ones that make those teams good.

Dawnut said:
This list is pretty useless because it gives too much importance to winning tournaments as opposed to the players actual skill. So if a very good player happens to be on a lower tier team hell be underrated. Bendetto's list is much better just for this reason imo.
Interessting statement, considering Bendetto and SMARD points rate the active players fairly equally. The only main difference between the lists is that old players that stopped playing in 2010 are not at 100. If you want to make a case for that though, be my guest.

Dawnut said:
For example Scar, you are not a 99 infantry, you just don't compare to the likes of Blacktide or M. But hey, you've won so much cuz you're in AE, better give yourself those sweet points!
Have a look at some stats (even if they don't count for much they at least indicate I'm not getting carried through), and maybe acknowledge the fact I've been playing at the highest standard ever since the WNL1 finals. And the point with giving myself those points doesn't quite work when there are four others that can veto.

Dawnut said:
List is useless. This is an opinion, of course, so what you're saying is not needed.
Don't be so afraid of a negative opinion on your loved players.
Dismissing Tardet's opinion like that is quite childish, just because he is my friend doesn't mean he can't actually mean what he said.

Dawnut said:
Why should I back up Scar not being 99 when he doesn't back up anything at all either? Thats funny. I can just make a list and put scores on a person and if someone dares question it, he better backs it up.
I am more than happy to back everything up you question, just like I tried with Bendetto. In fact I would argue most of my posts contained some sort of argument why I think the players he questioned should be rated as they are at the moment.

Dawnut said:
From my experience playing against him is enough for me to make a solid
opinion. I am pretty sure I know much more about him gamewise than you do, tardet.
You barely play against me, I doubt we see each other more than eight evenings over the course of a whole tournament. I think Tardet has a fairly decent picture of how I play as well, considering IR and AE scrim on regular basis.

Dawnut said:
I kinda dislike how he dismisses Bendetto's arguments, un a generally pricky manner, hence the sarcastic tone!
The reason why the arguments between me and Bendetto turn sarcastic is because we have tried to come to a mutual conclusion a couple of times already. He has his opinion, I have mine, I doubt that will ever change.

Dawnut said:
Raw skill I'm right at the top with the best, and most of the top cavs that have seen me play know it. Decision-making was my problem in competitive matches which made me a tier 1 cav instead of a top.
The guys that make the lists either don't know **** about me as a player or are biased.  So guys like Firunien, Ncromancien, Harman, Mitchell, Can, Tobi, KilleR (just to give some examples XD) get put above me which is such a ****ing joke (no offense to them).
These lists are irrelevant in the end so I don' even know why I'm giving a **** right now. Anyway I don't blame you, but all you list creators can give some very wrong scores that a player doesn't deserve.
peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom