[S] Coat of Arms- alpha

Do you think the unit should have their factions 'race' in their names or should it stay how it is?

• Yes, units should their race names instead.

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • No, no units should not have their race in their names.

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tojofallz said:
I Love this mod its really nice but a suggestion im not really sure if the greeks were around then or if your using were the greeks once were for a faction buts thats it i think you sould add the greek it would be MLG.
The Greeks during the Medieval times did exist, though there wasn't a specific "Greek Faction". They were mostly apart of and made up (culture-wise) the Byzantine Empire. The Byzantines Started out at the Eastern Roman Empire with the capitol Byzantium. Emperor Constantine I came around started the beginning of the Byzantine Empire, renaming Byzantium Constantinople and the people Byzantine. They first started speaking Latin like the Romans. After the fall/during the fall of the Western Roman Empire they started to shine. Broke away from the Roman Catholic Church and converted to (now known as) the Orthodox Church. Changed from speaking Latin to Greek. In some since you could say the "Greek Faction" was the Byzantine Empire.

The closest faction of the Byzantine is the Vaegirs of course.  :grin:

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it.  :mrgreen:

I'm going to try this troop mod soon. But before that, I want to suggest that it might be better if you don't use RL nations names in your troop tree, like Greeks or Genoese. I think that it's just better to name them to something else because our medieval factions don't play a role in Calradia. Calradia is a different world, and I think it should stay like this.

But I can easily change the names myself when you choose to stay with your original idea. It looks interesting so far, and I like your approach for each faction. :grin:

MrExpendable said:
I'm going to try this troop mod soon. But before that, I want to suggest that it might be better if you don't use RL nations names in your troop tree, like Greeks or Genoese. I think that it's just better to name them to something else because our medieval factions don't play a role in Calradia. Calradia is a different world, and I think it should stay like this.

But I can easily change the names myself when you choose to stay with your original idea. It looks interesting so far, and I like your approach for each faction. :grin:

That's a very solid point. I think I might end up changing, I've been letting my poll go on for some time so I can get an accurate vote. I'll probably end up changing soon when I get all the new troops in. Hopefully by the next patch there will be a total difference (name-wise).

Real quick i downloaded the minor update and extracted it and all that was there was the readme for troops and if copied and pasted it into the coat of arms folder and i played the game and didnt really see what it did. Did i do something wrong or is it suppose to be like that? :neutral:

The Minor update did little to the game, hence the term 'minor'. :smile: Anyways it changed some gear for some troops. Mainly just gave the Swadian Longbowmen longbows.

Alright. Now things are getting back all together I will be able to push this patch out. I will work hard to push this out within the next week!

Ugh, I apologize. I'm afraid I don't know when I can get it out. I am still having personal issues.

I would like to apologize to all who were interested in this mod. I am afraid I will have to shut this down and return to it when possible.

(I will try to keep the thread up and locked and wish to unlock it when I find the time right to return)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom