Rome TW Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if hoplites and the like were to have zero athletics skill combined with enough items in their inventory to cause massive encumberance? That might make them hold formation a little longer.  :smile:

It's good to have someone working on this feature.

Here's one way to maintain formations, atleast in a row. The green lines aren't totally necessary, you could even add more of those between the horizontal line of spawn points, to keep an even tighter formation.

Hi,

I'm a french Fan modder of Rome Total War, and i post here to say that your work is wonderfull, Mount&blade look like RTW now  :grin:
Continue like that, all the french community of total war lovers is with you  :mrgreen:

sorry guys, but it's not possible  :cry:

why ? cause it must be hardcoded. the menu you find in editor for common battles are just useless.

whatever you change with the menu_default_encounter don't changed anything. i can change text, give the player 100exp or whatever, it just don't happens.
thats why it will ALLWAYS load a standart created terrain with standart random spawn points. There is NO way to change it.

the only thing i can do, is that formation thing for town attacks. maybe i'll do 1 standart formation for this matter, but not a whole system for that little thing....

it's really stupid, that modders can't change the normal battles. but maybe i'm wrong(don't think so). so if anybody got an idea how to change common battles(maybe its somewhere hidden in conversation ? ), plz tell me.

but i think it's hardcoded, so no chance for us.

@ RT2, thanks :smile:

Markus Antonius said:
thats why it will ALLWAYS load a standart created terrain with standart random spawn points. There is NO way to change it.

But you can change people to fight in made scenes with spawnpoints that you make and AI barriers you make, AFAIK. Like castle battles without castles. From Mission templates, i guess. Yoshi did it in his pirates, i quess

normaly it allways loads the same scene, you can't change this.

as i though, this is done in conversion with encounter_attack(), but i can change this to switch to the menu. so it will finally work  :grin:

one little disadvantage : you won't see the troops of you and your enemy again in the battle window, but i think that's not a "must have".

so i'll work right now on that, maybe a screenshot later  :smile:

Markus Antonius said:
normaly it allways loads the same scene, you can't change this.

as i though, this is done in conversion with encounter_attack(), but i can change this to switch to the menu. so it will finally work  :grin:

one little disadvantage : you won't see the troops of you and your enemy again in the battle window, but i think that's not a "must have".

so i'll work right now on that, maybe a screenshot later  :smile:

great. If you get phallanx work that way raz said, troops that attack phallanx and go through ai barriers they can't get out :/

Believe me, it's possible. You'd have to mess with the mission template, and spawn points. Take a look at the castle attack template first. If you need any help with the spawn points, just say so.

ok back again. it's annoying.

we have a maximum of 32 spawn points. no way to change this.

so would probably be no problem, but that's what happens :

- if you got, lets say 5 footman and 5 archers.
- i create 2 spawn points, one for first row(footman), one for second row(archer)
- i tell the spawn points to push out 5 people at once.

but what does this crazy thing ? it puts 1 footman, then 1 archer, then 1 footman....

so to summerize that :

we either get mixed lines(horses, footman and ranged in 1 row) or we get a maximum of 16 vs 16 fights.

both options aren't really great.  :sad:

if anyone maybe has an idea to solve this dilemma, feel free to say it. i don't see it.

See, it IS possible :wink: Have you already thought of my concept with the AI limiters? I believe you can keep ranged, cavalry and infantry apart with placing labels by the spawn points. I'll check it out for you.

edit: At a worst case scenario you could still overwrite the weapons the troops spawn with, per row.

Damn, I could've sworn there was some label in header_mission_templates to seperate ranged from melee troops. Better ask janus or so just in case.

Oh yeah, there's another thing I've been thinking of that will improve formations. In the future, we'll maybe be able to alter the collision mesh of a body. With this, you can make an invisible wall behind a character, that won't allow players behind it to pass that soldier, but enemies in front can pass that wall, break formations and attack soldiers behind the walled soldier (every soldier within a formation would have such a wall behind him). Maybe walls to the side would be nessesary too. Now that'd be cool.

>> Damn, I could've sworn there was some label in header_mission_templates to seperate ranged from melee troops

i tried out many at the point i made the town attack(wanted to put archers on top of the walls, but allways other troop types came there, too)

i think, it's not possible.

easiest way would be, if armagan would just raise the maximum entry points to 256 oder something like that  :neutral:

Love this mod, but iv been haveing a problem, when I walk instead of my guy makeing a walking sound it make's a sound like hes swinging hes sword, and also when I get close too a NPC army it make's this very strange noise, any body have this problem also?

I like this mod very much but let me add a few things.

Example:
Me:What do you buy and sell in this town?

Merchant answers: Bla-bla.... tools. The best place to sell them is in Tulga

Me:Ummm... Tulga?

Or when I talk to the people they say that I am welcomed in Zendar and so on...
But those are minor bugs... I have got this Major Bug. I don't know the cause bit I think it's related with some other party.... I went to Rome to say how she's made. When I tried to get past Segesta my game crashed every time I did that, so I decided to go north and after a while to try explore there. I went back to Zendar for a quick tournament and I tried again fulled of hope. But when I got out I saw a party (which I thought I've seen just when my game crashed) and there was the error window of M&B (Abort/Retry/Ignore) which says something like a party.cc or something like that. Whatever I press my game crashes.

Otherwise looking forward for this mod  :smile:

Gir said:
Love this mod, but iv been haveing a problem, when I walk instead of my guy makeing a walking sound it make's a sound like hes swinging hes sword, and also when I get close too a NPC army it make's this very strange noise, any body have this problem also?

i have same brob :/

some one say if theres another way but it drove me mad so i went through the sounds file and found it was s_hide.wav and s_unhide.wav. try it, it worked for me. i dont no which 1 it is but no more sound so its all good.

yes this is the sound solution, but i won't make a new release only for that.

@ Stormficker

yes i know that, but this is HOURS and HOURS of work for pretty nothing. maybe i'll change them later if i got 2 weeks of time, with nothing to do  :roll:

Another suggestion,

Markus Antonius , Maybe you could figure out a way to implent agents and assasins?
Or an NPC that takes care of the economics, Instead of caravans you could say
to make it more RTW like.

BTW: Swordmaster, Please resize that avatar.

Highelfwarrior said:
Another suggestion,

Markus Antonius , Maybe you could figure out a way to implent agents and assasins?
Or an NPC that takes care of the economics, Instead of caravans you could say
to make it more RTW like.

BTW: Swordmaster, Please resize that avatar.

Or every caravan that reaches its base spawns army? Maybe another caravan too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom